Happy Birthday

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“I—it’s your birthday?” her voice rose as she couldn’t believe her ears when Jihyun greeted her older brother, she then clamped and look around the premises. Luckily no one noticed and cared their table.

“You didn’t know unnie?” Jihyun asked tilting her head in the process.

“I didn’t know baby” Dara replied and could almost feel herself pouting. “I was not informed,” she then added after a beat.

She glanced at Jiyong and saw him smiling all throughout her confusion. She then gave him her deadliest glare.

“Whaaat?” he asked then chuckled.

“I won’t greet you” she muttered under her breath

Jihyun heard it and giggled. “Unnie-ah~” she called her in the cutest voice, “Jiyong oppa just wanted you to be surprise that’s why he didn’t tell you” the little girl reached for her hand and played with it. “Please understand him~~~”

The almighty Kwon Jiyong was grinning and smiling smugly hearing her sister’s plea. Even though these two girls are very close that it seem Dara is the mother, his sister will always defend his side. No matter what.

Blood is thicker than water indeed.

Poor Dara.

She stayed quiet for a moment and looked down. Boy was she embarrassed right now for not knowing her boyfriend’s special day. It’s supposed to be her who should treat him but no, it’s the other way round.

Jiyong smiled at his sister and winked at her. The latter just giggled softly.

Dara’s reverie was broken when her phone rang. She fished it out of her purse and looked at the caller.

SANGHYUN

Her brows met immediately. Why? It’s rare for him to call her, especially in the evening, unless he just wanted to know how she is doing; or he wanted to tell her something. Something that might be good … or bad. She excused herself and went to the washroom. Jiyong just followed her retreating back until he saw no sign of her as she got inside.

“Oppa, do you think it’s something urgent?” Jihyun curiously asked.

“Let’s just hope it’s not, okay sweetie?” he reached for his sister's hand and squeezed it.

He just ordered some food for them as Dara took the call. It took her long enough that when she arrived back to her seat, the foods were ready. The first thing Jiyong did when she sat on her chair was to hold her hand and let her look at him, straight in the eye.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Who called you?” he asked worriedly.

Dara sighed before answering, “It’s my younger brother. He told me he’s here in Seoul with umma.”

He caressed her face and tucked the loose hair on her ear. “Are they going to visit you?”

“No, they’re here to visit a doctor. Sanghyun told me that mom fainted this morning while cooking for breakfast. They were about to send her at the nearby hospital of our place but she declined and told them she wanted to have her check-up here so that she could see me too.” She told him then smiled to assure him that everything’s fine.

“Unnie is your mother okay now?” Jihyun asked.

Dara turned to look at her, “Yes sweetie. My umma is okay now” she smiled then patted her head gently. “No need to worry okay sweetie pie?”

Kwon Jihyun nodded her head repeatedly. “Neeh, no more worrying!”

Jiyong clapped his hand softly to catch their attention then announced, “Now, now let’s eat my precious girls. This birthday boy is famished already!” He chuckled and pinched their cheeks.

“Jiyong!” Dara protested and rubbed the sore part.

“Oppa~~” Jihyun seconded, “Meanie!”

“Let’s not spoil my day hmm?” he said and started eating.

“Of course Mr. Kwon!” Dara chirped and laughed.

The family (as it appears to be from the eye of others) ate in much enthusiasm. The foods were so delicious that Dara couldn’t seem to stop tasting everything even if she could feel the digested food in her esophagus. She rubbed her tummy up and down in an un-ladylike manner that caught the attention of the man.

“Dara” he said in a low voice and pinched her arm gently “Stop doing that.”

“Oh?” she raised her brows and upon realizing what she’s doing she smiled sheepishly. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. I’m just so full right now Jiyong hehehe.”

“Everyone could notice that love; after you tasted all the foods I’ve ordered I didn’t know you’re this big eater” he joked and laughed.

“You are so not going to get a warm greeting from me Mr. Kwon” Dara faked hurt and sat back straight.

“Oh yeah?”

“Oh yeah!”

Ya—awn

“Oppa~ unnie~ Jihyunnie is sleepy already” the girl across them announced. Her eyelids were almost closed and Dara rushed to her side and pulled her in her arms.

“Oppa is almost finished baby, just take a small nap in unnie’s arm hmm?” Dara rocked her side to side.

“Ohhh-kay unnie~~” and the girl dozed off.

“Babe, go get the bill already” Dara said softly.

Jiyong wiped the side of his lips and nodded, “Stay here for a minute okay? I’ll go pay and get the car ready.”

Dara nodded but before he walked off, he gave her a kiss on her forehead.”Faster okay? Your sister is fast asleep now.”

He nodded and stalked off. It took Jiyong a minute or two before he went back to where the girls were seated. He saw a man across Dara talking, with his hand motioning for this-and-that. The girl could only muster a smile.

Right after Jiyong walked away from their table, a man approached Dara. The man familiarized Jiyong when they arrived earlier and it took him half the time to find the correct answer that it’s really him, Mr. Kwon Jiyong, one of the young, richest bachelors in South Korea. And he was very curious with this woman he’s with tonight and the little girl with them.

“Are you Mr. Kwon Jiyong’s wife, madam?” the man in 30’s asked. Dara could guess in a hundred percent that he’s a journalist, even without a press dangling on his neck, by just the attitude he’s emitting.

She didn’t answer but just gave him a smile. “Mister, I don’t think I owe you an answer nor tell you the details of my private life.”

“But madam, you know that the man you are eating with is Kwon Jiyong right?” he pressed.

“I do know, yes of course.”

“It’s either you are his girlfriend …” he said then glanced at Jihyun who was peacefully sleeping in Dara’s arm “…or—”

“Wife” Jiyong finished the man’s sentenced. Both heads glanced up.

“Jiyong” Dara acknowledged him. Relief washed over her body. Finally he’s here!!

“Did this man disturb you Dara?” he asked.

She shook her head, “No, not really.

“Mr. Kwon” the man stood up and bowed politely. “I’m sorry to disturb your date in here sir. I am just asking her a few questions that’s all” he explained quickly.

“I could see that” Jiyong nodded. “But please, give some privacy at least either on me or my date tonight. I don’t owe you my personal life, right?”

The journalist nodded his head. “I’m sorry again sir” he bowed one last time before running off back to his table.

“Let’s go babe” he reached for Jihyun and carefully lifted her up from Dara before intertwining his hand with hers. “

Please log in to read the full chapter