That word

You're not my oppa

“Annyong haseyo Sora-sshi!” Sungmin was smiling brightly. I just looked at him. Why was he here? What was going on?
 “Why? But? How?” It was impossible to say anything smart.
 “What do you mean? Didn’t you know that my last name is Lee? That’s really cold of you Sora-sshi. And I thought we were friends,” Sungmin sounded sad.
 “No it’s not that. I just. Why are you here? Are you going to my partner on that commercial?”
 “Oh yeah! So let’s work hard together. But that’s not actually the  reason why I wanted to meet,”
 “Then what is the reason?”
 “I wanted to see you again,” Sungmin looked at me and he seemed really serious.
 “Why?”
 “Again Sora-sshi. Really cold from you. You didn’t wanna see me? I already said it last time. I missed you. You are my friend and I wanted to see you. I wanted to see how you were doing,” Sungmin was still looking at me. I was happy to hear that, but at the same time I felt uncertain. I didn’t know why. Did I feel like I was cheating on Leeteuk? But we weren’t together anymore. Well actually if he can say, we never even were anything. It was just a show.
 “Sora-sshi? Everything okay?”
 “Oh yeah, sorry. I’m really happy to hear that. I also missed you. You know you are like a brother to me,” I said. Sungmin seemed a bit disappointed.
 “Yeah I remember that. Anyway, so how are you? I haven’t see you on tv that much. You’re making a movie right now, right? I can’t wait to see that!” Sungmin really talks a lot. He also sounds a bit of a girl. More than me.
 “Yeah it’s going to be out on later this summer. Why are you so excited? You sound like a crazy fan or something,” I laughed.
 “But I am your fan! I have seen all of your movies and dramas. And I’m just saying that Sora-sshi you are so good actress. I can’t wait to work with you!”
 “Stop it Sungmin-sshi! I’m embarrassed. You really know how to talk to the ladies”.
 “Totally! But every word is true Sora-sshi,” it was nice to hear someone praising you. It really felt good.
 “Thank you Sungmin-sshi. But let’s not talk about me anymore,” I was afraid that   he would ask or talk about WGM and Leeteuk, “So how are you? What do you do these days?”
 “You really aren’t a k-pop fan Sora-sshi!” Sungmin laughed. “We just released new album. Well not Super Junior but Super Junior-M. That’s why my hair color have changed. If you still remember, I had blond hair on summer,” Sungmin touched his hair.
 “Oh yeah, I remember! You look good in dark hair. You seem more manlier,” I said and smiled. He really did.
 “Really? Thank you Sora-sshi. You have no idea how much that means to me,” Sungmin smiled brightly.
 “What do you mean?”
 “You know I have always had this cute image, but actually I’m nothing like that. I’m very manly man. For God’s sake, I’m 27 years old already. I can’t act cute anymore. It’s hard to act something you’re not,”
 “I understand you. Well I guess then you won’t be a good actor,” I laughed.
 “I have done some acting,” Sungmin said.
 “What? Really? I’m so sorry that I didn’t know. Now I feel like and idiot. You know so much about me and I don’t know a thing about you. I’m sorry Sungmin-sshi. Can I make it up to you somehow?”
 “Well a first you could stop calling me Sungmin-sshi and start calling me just Sungmin. Aren’t we that close? But all the things I know about you are just stuff that anyone can read on internet. I want you to know things that can’t be found on internet. If you want to know something, you have to ask. Got it?”
 “Okay, I got it,” I smiled.
 “And maybe you will even call me Sungminnie,” Sungmin winked.
 “I think it’s too early for that Sungmin,” I blushed. I never even called Leeteuk like that.
 “I was just kidding! Anyway, here’s my number. Please call me so that we can talk and get to know each other better,” he smiled. I nodded. “Promise you will call me,”
 “I promise,” I smiled.
 Sungmin looked satisfied, “Good. Now let’s eat! I’m starving!”

 

~*~


 I got out from the car. I looked at the building. So here’s where we will be shooting? Freaking big I you ask me. I was kind of excited. Not because of that commercial but because of Sungmin. We haven’t met since our meeting in that restaurant and I really missed him. We had such a great time last time. So I was kind of sad when Sungmin didn't call me. Sungmin did give me his number, but how could I call him? I mean what would I even say? It's not that I didn't want to call him, it's just... I wasn't sure. Was Sungmin serious or was he just trying to be nice? If this was all just for the show?
 “Sora-sshi, the director is there. Go say hi,” my manager told me.
 “Annyong haseyo,” I bowed to the director.
 “Ah! Kang Sora-sshi! You are right on time. Please go get ready and we can start,” director said.
 “Is my partner here yet?”
 “No but he should be here in any minutes now. AH! There he is! Sungmin-sshi!” looked behind me. I also turned to look. Sungmin walked in. He didn’t seem happy. Was somthing wrong?
 “Good you are both here now. Let’s get started. The make up artists are waiting for you,” director said. I tried to look at Sungmin but he always turned his head.
 “Annyong haseyo, Sungmin-sshi,” I greeted him. He just glared at me. “Everything alright?” I asked. What’s wrong with him?
 “You didn’t call me,” Sungmin looked angry and disappointed. “So you don’t wanna be friends with me? Am I that disgusting? You know you should have just said it and not pretend to like me or anything,” Sungmin was really angry. I was shocked. Why was he yelling at me?
 “But I... I...”
 “Save it Sora-sshi! Let’s just to this commercial,” Sungmin muttered and turned away.
 “Sungmin-sshi!” I shouted. Suddenly I felt a déjà vu. I shivered. It felt just like before. Me watching him walking away and leaving me alone. Questions without answers. I could almost see Leeteuk beside him. A cold feeling spread through my body. This wasn’t happening. This can’t be. Not again! I felt how the strength disappeared from my legs. I fell down on the floor. I had to do everything I could, so that I wouldn’t start cry right away. I bit my lip. No no no! Not again.
 “Sora-sshi? Are you alright? What happened?” a staff member came to me.
 “It’s nothing. I just fell,” I said and got up. Thank god I was an actress. I put on a fake smile.
 “Okay good. You should go get ready. We’ll start in 15 minutes,”
 “Ne.”

 

~*~

 

  “Ah! Sora-sshi! There you are! Okay, everything is set. So let’s start!” director said. I glanced at Sungmin. He still looked pretty mad.
 “Sungmin-sshi, mianhaeyo,” I whispered and smiled a bit. He just scowled at me.
 “Don’t talk about it now. Let’s talk after we are finished,” he muttered. I shivered. He can be really scary when he’s angry. The director started to tell about the concept and what we are going to do and how and something. I think he told us pretty detailedly about the filming, but in the end I had no idea what was the product and what we were supposed to do. The whole time I just kept glancing at Sungmin and tried to make an eye contact with him. But he just turned his head away tried to look like he was actually listening that director.
 “Okay, so you guys understand, right? Let’s start!”
 We filmed like an hour and everything was going just fine, at least with the shooting. Sungmin on the other hand didn’t talk to me and every time the camera stopped rolling he’s fake smile disappeared. Maybe he was shy in front of the camera? No that can’t be it. I tried everything I could to make him talk to me, but no. Nothing. We kept filming for another hour and everything was going fine. Although I still didn’t know what was the product we were advertising. Everything was just fine until the director said something I thought he would never say:
 “Okay, now Sora-sshi. Turn around, look at Sungmin-sshi and call him oppa,” director said and turned to watch the screen. I froze. It hit me like a hammer.
 “But... I mean... Why..?”
 “I think it would be good for this. Now come on! Hurry up,”
 I turned to look at Sungmin. I think he saw that something was wrong, because his experience had changed. I was shaking. The only thing in my mind was those four words that kept coming back to me and that scene.

I’m not your oppa.

 “Op... Op...” that word just didn’t come out from my mouth. I couldn’t say it. After that day I haven’t been able to say that word out loud. Every time I heard that word it reminded me of Leeteuk and that day. I just couldn’t.... I felt how my eyes got wet. I was just about to start cry. I bit my lip, but that didn’t help. Please Sora not now. Not in front of everybody.
 “Sora-sshi..? Everything okay?” director asked. He didn’t sound happy.
 I was just about to answer, but then Sungmin spoke up: “I don’t think that’s a good idea director. Sora calling me oppa just don’t fit in this scene. If you think about the whole picture it won’t...” I couldn’t hear what Sungmin said because I tried to fight against that painful feeling which was growing inside of me. I wasn’t sure did Sungmin saw my tears or was he just very good with catching the air, but he really did save me. I hid myself behind him and tried to control my feelings.
 “Well since you put it that way, I guess you’re right. Okay let’s change this. You can call Sora-sshi Sora-ya. Is that okay with you?” I heard director speaking.
 “Oh sure that’s fine. Right Sora-ya?” Sungmin turned to face me. “We have already called each other with that name, right?” he smirked. And then I remembered our conversation.

 “Well a first you could stop calling me Sungmin-sshi and start calling me just Sungmin. Aren’t we that close? But all the things I know about you are just stuff that anyone can read on internet. I want you to know things that can’t be found on internet. If you want to know something, you have to ask. Got it?”
 “Okay, I got it,”
 “And maybe you will even call me Sungminnie,”
 “I think it’s too early for that Sungmin,”
 “I was just kidding! Anyway, here’s my number. Please call me so that we can talk and get to know each other better. Promise you will call me,”
 “I promise,”

 I looked at Sungmin with fear. Was this the reason why he was angry? I had totally forget the name thing! I touched Sungmin’s arm and whispered to him: “Sungmin, mianhaeyo”. Sungmin just glared at me and turned away. I bit my lip. What should I do to make him forgive me? I never even thought that it would be so big deal for Sungmin. And just like that I had forget about Leeteuk. Now the only thing in my mind was Sungmin. I felt so bad and I wanted to apologize to him.
 “Okay, let’s continue shall we?” director’s voice cut through.

 

~*~


 “Okay. That’s all. Thank you everyone. Great job! And we will see this one on tv in a month,” director said. I didn’t bother to say thank you or anything to that director. Sungmin was already leaving. I had to talk with him!
 “Sungmin! Wait up!”
 “What do you want?” he asked angrily.
 “I wanna say sorry. I’m so sorry I forget our promise. Please don’t be mad at me,” I smiled a little bit.
 Sungmin laughed. “Please Sora. No need to apologize anymore. Now I just know your true feelings. I was never your friend or anything. Let’s just drop this, okay?” he said. “See ya,” he said and turned over. Flashback. That’s what I felt. I saw how Sungmin was about to walk out of my life. Again I was about to lose someone important. I couldn’t take this anymore!
 “Sungmin, please! Don’t leave me! I can’t take this anymore. I can’t handle another break up. Please don’t do the same thing that Leeteuk did to me!” my voice broke on that last sentence.
 Sungmin turned. “What?”
 “I... I...” I just realised what I had said.

 


If you ask me how I'm doin
I would say I'm doin just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth
No matter what I say
I'm, not over you

 


I'm so sorry you guys! This took so long! So sorry! Thank you so much for being so patient. I promise, the next chapter will be out on Sunday. And we will see Leeteuk again ;) but yeah, so many things happened and I wasn't able to write. and I also started another teukso ff :D should I publish it? well I will probably finish this one first :) but again thanks you guys so much! your comments are the best! can't believe that so many is a Sungmin-fan :) and I was afraid that you would be mad because this is not (yet!!) about teukso couple :) and over 500 views?!!? thank you soooo much <3 but i'll see you again on Sunday ;)