Making Up

In Love With My Best Friend...

The room was silent, Minhwan was no where to be seen and the two that were in the living room were glaring daggers at the oldest members! "Where's Minhwan?" Jonghun asked.

"In our room..." Jaejin explained. Both the oldest went to the room and found the maknae curled up on his bed.

"Minhwan, let's talk..." Hongki said in a soothing voice. The maknae looked at him and then threw a pillow towards their direction, purposely missing them, of course.

"No! Leave me alone!" Minhwan exclaimed.

"Come on... We didn't mean to make you upset..." Jonghun assured.

"Just leave me alone, hyungs!" The maknae exclaimed again. The oldest looked at each other before leaving the maknae alone.

"I can't believe he's mad at us..." Hongki said, the sadness was laced in his voice.

"I guess we deserved it... I mean, we were acting like children who just won't get along no matter what." Jonghun pointed out, going into the room he shared with Seunghyun. Hongki followed him.

"Yah, don't go dragging me into this, it wasn't even my fault!" Hongki retorted.

"Well, who else should I blame? You hate me and I don't even know why! Why do you hate me now? What did I ever do to you?"

"Nothing..." Hongki sighed.

"Then, why? Why do you hate me?"

"I don't... I lied..."

"What? Why?"

"Because, I needed to distance myself from you..."

"Again, why?"

"Well, I don't hate you, in fact... It's the complete opposite."

"Yes, I know you love me as a friend."

"No, I love you more than a best friend." Hongki confessed. This really had Jonghun at a loss for words. "I only said I hated you to distance myself from you because you like someone already and I didn't wanna ruin anything for you..." Hongki explained. "I'm sorry if I made it harder for you to confess to the guy you like..."

"Actually, you made it easier." Jonghun smiled.

"How? Who do you like?"

"I'll tell you, but you really should have told me, Hongki..."

"Why? Just to get rejected by you?"

"No... The truth is, I love you too. More than a friend and I was also afraid to get rejected by you, so I hid the feelings away. But, then, you said you hated me. Do you know how much that hurt me since I loved you? That's why I was giving you the cold shoulder, I was really hurt by what you said..."

"I'm sorry..." Hongki apologized, pulling Jonghun into a hug. "I had no idea you loved me so much..."

"It's okay... I don't blame you, knowing the reasoning now." Jonghun assured, hugging Hongki back.

"Right... Do you not remember what you called me the other day?"

"I didn't mean it... I was just angry, that's all. I said that I could never hate you, right?"

"That's right... Is that because..." Hongki was interrupted by Jonghun.

"Because I love you? Yes, it was. Because of that fact, I can't hate you no matter what you do."

"I'm really sorry... I've been a bad friend to you."

"No, you haven't... You just had a misunderstanding, it happens to all of us." Jonghun soothed Hongki before capturing his lips in a sweet kiss. Hongki was shocked, but responded to Jonghun's affectionate gesture. What the singer and guitarist didn't know was that the other members were watching them and exchanging high-fives! Yes, this was part of their plan! When seeing that the first plan didn't work, they made a plan B. Minhwan had to get mad at them and not talk to them until they made up, which was faster than the members had thought it would be! The maknae also had great acting. Now, they just had to wait for the leader to ask Hongki to be his boyfriend.

"Wow, I never thought you would do that..." Hongki smiled, pulling away from Jonghun.

"Well then, you really won't be expecting this..." The leader started. "Hongki, will you be my boyfriend?" Indeed, Hongki wasn't expecting this.

"Of course!" The singer exclaimed, hugging Jonghun tightly.

"Hyungs!" They heard the other members and as soon as they let go of each other, they were tackled into hugs by the other three members!

"What's with you guys?" Jonghun asked.

"Nothing, we're just happy that you two are together!" Minhwan explained.

"Yeah!" Agreed the other two.

"Hey, let's go out to celebrate the birth of the real Jongki couple!" Jaejin suggested. The other two nodded, following him out of the room. The Jongki couple blinked after the three members and then smiled before following them, hand-in-hand.


A/N: And it is done! Hope you guys liked it!