A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ THREE }

Baekhyun was taking a night jog around his neighborhood when he spotted Joori squatting on a street corner near the park. He had never seen her around, which he realized was kind of strange considering they lived fairly close.
He squinted and tried to make out what she was doing. He saw a small flicker of light. Is that a lighter? What is she burning?

He realized what she was holding in her other hand: Chanyeol’s journal.
His eyes widened and he sprinted at her, screaming. How could she do something so cruel?
“What the do you think you’re doing?!” He rarely cursed, but he felt like this was an appropriate time.

Joori seemed surprised to see him and dropped the book which had just caught fire.

Baekhyun quickly stomped the flame out. The book was saved for the most part, only a small corner had been incinerated.
“What is wrong with you? How could you do this?!” He screamed.

She flinched at his loud voice. Why was he here? And he had no right to yell at her like this.
“Did you read this?! If you did, you’d understand why I’m burning this record of his stalkings!”

He frowned in confusion. Chanyeol hadn’t stalked her. Well, not exactly. He didn’t creep around or cut class just to get a glimpse of her. He had never followed her home either.
But he had walked the long way to class just to have a chance to see her. He knew parts of her schedule. But other than that, every time he had seen her, he had gotten lucky.

He opened the book and scanned the entries. He sighed, understanding why Joori had gotten freaked out. It did sound a little creepy when he looked at it from an objective point of view.
“I’m sorry for yelling, but you didn’t have to burn this.” He apologized. “I’ll take the book if you want.”

She nodded. “Yeah, do what you want with it. I don’t want it.”

He sighed. She was as cold as ever.
Chanyeol-ah, what did you see in her?!

 

“How much of it did you read?” He asked curiously, wiping away the beads of sweat from his forehead.

“Just a few entries. It’s like a textbook – I wasn’t going to read the entire thing.”

He looked at the back cover where there was a folder slot. He knew that’s where Chanyeol had kept his one and only photo of Joori. He saw that the photo was still there, untouched. She had probably not seen it. He decided to keep it a secret – he didn’t want to creep her out any further.

 

“Well, you look like you were in the middle of your run or something. So I’ll let you get back to that.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter