열넷

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ FOURTEEN }

Joori stood outside the library with a cakebox in her hand. She checked her phone for the tenth time – nope, still no reply.

 

“You’re still here?” Baekjoo asked, coming out of the library with some books. “You’ve been standing out here for twenty minutes.”

“Yeah, have you seen Baek? Was he inside?” She asked impatiently, looking around.

 

Minhee gave her a suspicious stare. “Why are you so concerned? If he hasn’t been answering, then just leave him be.”

“Yeah, if it was me, I’d be pissed off that he’s ignoring me…” Baekjoo added.

Joori sighed with a helpless shrug. “I know, I know…” She muttered. She had tried to ignore Baekhyun back at first – she had gotten frustrated with trying to reach him with no reply.
But her willpower had faded easily with her frustration and impatience. She couldn’t stop trying to get him to hang out with her again. She missed him.

 

“Cheer up – I hear Jongdae’s looking for you,” Minhee said with a wink. “Did you get some alone time with him at Tao’s party?”

Joori looked up with a raised eyebrow. Jongdae? Her heart slightly skipped a beat, but she didn’t feel the need to go find him. I need to find Baek…

 

“Why aren’t you freaking out with happiness?” Baekjoo asked, her eyebrows furrowing. “Are you okay?”

Joori swallowed the lump in . “I… I don’t know…”

Her friend frowned and huffed, “Come on, go back to our classroom and get your things. You’re done waiting.” She grabbed Joori’s wrist. “We’re leaving.”

 

 

“Come out! For the hundredth time, get out here!” Jongin yelled, banging on the door.
 

Baekhyun sighed and rested his head on his hand, trying to ignore the noise outside of the room. He had locked the door of an empty classroom to get some studying done before exams tomorrow, but his friends had found him and were now trying to get him to celebrate his birthday.

 

Right outside the room, Sehun slid down against the wall and sat. “I don’t think Baekhyun Hyung is in the mood to celebrate.”

“Because of exams?” Joonmyeon asked thoughtfully.

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Nah, I don’t think that’s it… Is it because of Chanyeol?”

Jongin crossed his arms, giving up on banging on the door. “Maybe he feels like he can’t celebrate yet because it’s too soon…”

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip in deep thought. “Yeah, he’s been spending a lot of time with Joori-sshi lately – probably because Chanyeol liked her so much and he wants to get to know her.”

“Then let’s get her to convince him to get out here and celebrate! He only turns 22 once!” Jongin said, already marching down the hallway.

 

He had turned the corner whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter