Stupid Serendipity

Human's Façade

"I woke up with the sun. Thought of all the people, places and things I've loved.
I woke up just to see of all the faces, you are the one next to me."


As we are familiar with popular handmaids talk, men like to chase after things that they can't have. Sounds very human, right? Is it safe to say that the main reason of many juicy scandals we are all eager to dive into, especially in the world of the richest where the money fuels the greed, is the thrill of adrenaline pumping experience trying to claim something that is not yours. Is that true, simba?

Is it our favorite casanova that has fallen deeper into the rabbit's hole? They say, he is quite fond of tall women with wavy dark brown hair. Sounds just too peculiar, amirite?

Is this a fondue to our roasted marshmallow? I am eager to find out.


Cho Kyuhyun-Jung Krystal's Shared Flat.

The honey-eyed girl donned her usual square-neck crop-top in rose lilac with her black Lady Dior bag in hand, glistening under the flat's warm lighting as the campus Queen tried wiping the nonexistent stain on the luxury good.

The rich girl really enjoyed the shared calm Sunday both flat's residents rarely had.

Today is also the day when the infamous Jung socialite bought half dozen of venti-sized Caramel Macchiato and a pack of eclairs from their favorite coffee shop as the collaterals of their latest bet. It is also the day her frugal flatmate would do laundry and make sure the entire flat's dust free. Then, they would enjoy procrastinating the rest of the day over Netflix together.

It was relaxing routine that they enjoyed so much together despite having a polar opposite lifestyle.

However, the straight haired girl knew something was bound to be different this time. Unlike their usual bonding time, as the lithe lady felt jittery at seeing her impossibly tall counterpart, she felt itchy. As if she was scared of being caught red-handed doing something immoral.

She had a perfect reason to feel so since she had been having secret rendezvous with her flatmate's younger brother, for months under the radar. She might feel a little guilty, but she is not the budding princess of elite's society for nothing. She knew how to play her cards near her chest.

The younger girl had been observing her flatmate for the entire morning under the pretense of maintaining her luxury bag. Lately, the sharp-tongued fella had been unusually busy with her mysterious new part-time job to the point she increased the number of overnight stays. The young future heiress of Jung's political empire somehow feels a little bit left out as the older girl now keeps secrets from her.

However, the introverted queen did look healthier now. There are noticeably a radiant glow to her skin and less panda's eyes. Whatever her job requires to do, it seems still more manageable than her previous multiple jobs.

It was a good thing in the socialite's dictionary. The ice princess had too many part-time jobs, campus activities, and occasional volunteering in her daily schedule. It was almost outlandish. The prettiest girl in KU always wonders how her awkward flatmate managed her time.

That robotic workaholic cutting down the number of jobs meant she can be more focused on what is more important and it also means that she, her number one supporter, is relieved seeing the sarcastic queen growing personally.

Despite feeling a little agitated to be left in the dark. She respected her decision. It is also not her place to reprimand her, because The Beauty Princess also did hide things from her. So they were at an impasse. At least, for now.

She doesn't mind at all, tightly-bonded relationships always need some personal space and privacy to work. Well, eventually they will have to talk about it when the time is right.

And one of that time is now.

She squinted her eyes at the runaway Choi that has been weighting her mind for years. The taller girl has the audacity to carefreely slurp her macchiato in peace. "Cho" Kyuhyun donned that khaki linen shirt of hers and short blue jeans. The more fashion-literate person in the room internally sighed some relief as she relished in her success to knock some sensible fashion sense to the brunette's "I-only-wear t-shirt everyday" and "I-only-own-jeans" mentality. She really got into her role as broke-as- uni student. Where did The Ice Princess throw her classic high-fashion style back then?

Stretching her legs, her mind wandered to the first time they met. She remembered that the ice queen had donned brand names which she styled casually and effortlessly elegant. The style back then, it almost evaporated into nothing within the span of a year. The chestnut haired girl did find those clothing articles sometimes ago being ransacked into a neon green luggage at the deepest corner of their storage room. Buried for good.

However, what is the use of her well-proportioned body if she does not flaunt it? Krystal made it her life-mission to make sure the taller girl showcases her regal beauty in subtle way.

The Caramel Macchiato-lover had her hair in ponytail. The wavy curls fell around her shoulder in way it gives emphasis to her slender neck. The KUBS's student started a small conversation with smile in her eyes. "You have more free time lately."

The renowned socialite hated to break that smile soon. But she will play along.

"Hmm, 'Sica is grounded after that chaotic party where she fought with that actress," she paused as if she was trying to find the perfect explanation. "Heec? Queen H? She made a few headlines okay?" The younger occupant put her bag on the wooden table before slouching her tired neck to fluffy folk blue cushion. She snatched an eclair from the table. Damn she is angry, and hungry.

"Your dad grounded her? Really?" The statement did sound incredulous. Even Krys was almost sure her father's spoiling Jessica rotten because she looked a lot like their mother.

"Oppa lent a hand on inciting dad's wrath over her unseemly behavior after Hwasa-eonnie gave him an earful. Good riddance." Distaste seeped into her every syllable.

"He managed to pull that while being a rebellious party guy himself? I have to applaud him." The girl in linen shirt snickered as she laid lazily on the rug.

"He gained a lot of respect back from dad after the success of his business empire." The girl in lilac sipped her caffeinated drink. "I swear dad could almost let him get away with murder now. This put me on so much pressure to be the perfect daughter, I also want to get away with a murder or two."

"Aren't you greedy little one?"

The caramel haired girl laughed heartily seeing her flatmate's distressed pout, it's proven a sincere emotion when that doe eyes twinkled in mirth.

However, Krystal Jung really wished to be able to get away with murder or two now, considering the plot she had devised with a certain black haired boy. The enchanting socialite bit her cherry lips.

It's now or never.

"By the way, Kyu-unnie." The law student inquired. Testing the water. Her flatmate's mood seemed jolly. It would be a shame to shatter it even if it was within her agenda today.

The law student might hated the idea,  but she had to trigger the wheel.

"Yes?" The smile still reached her eyes as the brunette locked eyes with her unconditional friend. The rich queen-bee felt her chest constricted a little at that. She had hoped this status quo would last...

it. It is now or never.

"Do you miss Minho?"

The brunette drop her favorite drink on the table. Shoulder stiffened. The straight-haired female could see as all humor evaporated from the taller girl's expression.

They could only hear the forgotten Umbrella Academy playing on TV as white noise as they fell into deafening silence.

"What the hell are you talking about, Krys?" The tone was harsh and raw. She sounded like a hurting animal. Carefully, she stood up back to their build-in pantry with small bar. Giving some space for the coalition to cause lesser damages.

The Jung was nervous, she could not help but feel like she was about to sacrifice their friendship right now. Deep inside, she knew it wouldn't cause even a dent. The scheming girl resolved her decision.

Damn, human emotions.

"He told me that the manor has never been colder."

She never saw Kyuhyun spin her head so fast in her life at her statement and how puzzles of realization clicked in her warm caramel eyes. "Are you implying something I think you are implying, Krystal Jung?"

"Mou~ Don't use that tone one me, Choi Khyuhyun." She did not mean to emphasize her real name. But it has the effect she was after. The after effect was quick. The atmosphere turned sour and heavy.

Sorry. I did not mean to.

"Don't say that name." Yes, the name you discarded the day you left Choi's manor.

Krystal flipped her straight chestnut hair off her bare shoulder. Her eyes straying away from the girl with auburn hair as she tried to swallow her guilt. "I am not sure how to tell you but I met him alright."

The older flat occupant kept her sharp gaze directed at her younger flatmate. Fear and anger flashed through her blanched face.

The one in lilac crop-top cannot help but feel pity. The fashionista's flailing her hand in surrender, "you can get angry at me later." Krystal continued. "He is your brother, the one you are in good terms with at least."

"I failed him." The thin girl interjected. She looked nervous. Anxious. Fear clouded those murky brown eyes.

The more sensible one in the ed-up conversation snapped at the deprecating statement. The Jung's tantalizing youngest princess might act prim and proper in public but she appreciates honest and blunt communication with her closest circle. "Are you still believing that bull?"

The girl in shirt slumped into her palms. Her long legs seemed to no longer can support her weight. "What do you want me to do?"

The fugitive Choi gave in. Just as the the leader of food-chain in KU had expected.

"You just need to attend The Jung's annual party. He will be there." She took out the lilac invitation from her pants pocket. With resolution, she strode across the room and laid the piece of paper on the bar where Kyuhyun slumped in misery.

I dearly invited Ms Choi Kyuhyun to The Jung's Annual Ball. - Krystal Jung.

"I am making sure my brother will not have that man on the guest list. It is easy task since they are not even on good terms." She sent her a reassuring smile. "Just this time? Please?"

"I will regret this."

She felt like a mother comforting her nervous child on their first day of school. The chestnut haired heir put her hands on the trembling form of the person she wished sincerely to be happy and flashed her genuine smile. A smile worthy more than her Queen-Bee title. "You will not, eonnie. Trust me."

Like I trust you.

"You see, please grant Minho his well-deserved peace, OK? I am worried he has been high-strung for too long."

The older female refused to answer.

The sunshine will let the moonlight contemplates her offer alone.

In solemn silent, the politician's daughter went to her room, leaving the girl in ponytail to think things over. She is confident the girl will relent. Deep down, Kyuhyun always sees Choi Minho, that hot lad, as one of her closest confidants. The sarcastic princess cared about that lone boy a lot.

The double-degree student felt a little unsatisfied having to play the guilt-card but she knew it is needed to trigger the event. They have to move fast.

She is already anxious enough with The Oldest Choi's aggressive attacks on her defense. Now, her sly brother is also sniffing her private business. No word can describe how antsy she felt. Her brother and his closest circle are all powerful figures. She can not withheld the thundering wave if they decided to deal with her with their full-force.

Minho had also disclosed some details that might rise the stake of her bet. She just hope all her meddling will end well because she is just a responsible model-daughter and all she wanted were peace and closure for her closest friend.

.

.

.

So, she will have nothing to regret and move on.


Shim Changmin's Apartment, Seoul.

It has been about four-to-five months since she had been employed by Seoul's most eligible bachelor. Cho Kyuhyun, for every sanity left in her blood, could not stand her employer.

Sure, the pay is nice. The work is not strenuous.

But.

She could not put two and two together with her bachelor boss' unpredictable behavior.

The business student had long given up to the sour fact that her boss is insanely handsome. The man is blessed with deer eyes. That unique feature grants him mixed charm of pure angelic face despite having the devilish personality (and body).

God, have mercy. She is just a normal girl that appreciates beautiful things (and hot man), not a nun.

Even with her brothers setting the standard high, she still finds that man's features pleasing to the eyes.

Personal problem with her smoldering hot employer aside, she had more pressuring issue at hand. Her flatmate has also started getting suspicious with her. The moment the Socialite Princess heard the sarcastic iceberg was disbanding her extensive list of part time jobs. The upper-class princess had been trying to coax her into detailing her latest and only job which she only replied with one sentence; housekeeping and assistant to a rich family with nagging children.

Yes, a personal assistant because somehow that womanizer forced her to do a lot of his company works. From compiling data to analyze some of his investor meeting documents. She had to bitterly admit the shrewd man has great business acumen that would put her older brother's to shame. She learned a lot of hacks and ways of thinking from him. Only when he's channeling his businessman mask obviously.

And she also noticed her contract said that she is a Personal Assistant instead of Maid. The NDA also included some aspects of Shim Company's normal employee. She liked that part of the deal, it is better than being freelancer editor and doing those menial works. She can brag it a little for her career advancement. It still does not undermine the hardship of being his slave though.

With hard sigh, she tapped her personal access card to the apartment of Seoul' most wanted man. Should she consider auctioning this card? The girl with wavy tresses would be filthy rich in no time if she did that.

Ah, nah, he would make her pay worse than what she owed him. She had to bury the idea.

​​​​​​On this dizzying sunny Sunday, she started early because winter holiday is around the corner and exam is knocking at her door with full-force. She just wanted to spend the rest of her day cramming in library. Not attending the demanding Seoul's number one revered playboy's whim.

She glanced at her out-of-place Blancpain's leather watch, a gift from her brother. A momento she refused to get rid. It was 11 a.m, if things had gone right she will be able to free herself from that lecherous business man in 4 hours. And the girl in comfortable navy sweater can set up a tent in nearby co-working space or library.

The scent of dizzying alcoholic beverages hit her nostril as the door flung open. After the first month she was very much aware of the playboy's abnormal fondness to alcoholic beverages. He even has separate cellars and refrigerator for his collections. The pale skinned, almost translucent, girl just hoped she would not have to deal with headaches today.

Her steps halted, her teeth gnashed at her chapped pink lips in frustration as her warm brown eyes spotted a woman's heel discarded on the rug. A pointed black heel with red bottom-sole.

Really? Again? Where is the other damned pair?

The brunette already knew what would welcome her innocent sight if she open that heavy white door to guest room. She will have to taint her eyes with another random girl's  derriere and she is not looking forward to it.

The student sighed. She should have expected her employer's tryst with women is a frequent occurrences from day one she signed the contract. She might be out of loop of high society's gossip circle but she should have expected as much.

Shim Changmin, like most upper-class population, lives a life of debauchery. A very public one at that.

The frequency has decreased lately though, from daily occurrences to bi-weekly, almost monthly. Yeah sure, a sly man with unrealistic handsome face, well-defined body, and loaded bank account like him has it hard rejecting women's attempt on him. The pale skinned girl really wanted to wring the neck of the Shim's heir.

What a load of bull. The man with that devilish smirk was just happy fooling around breaking every girl's heart and self-esteem in his wake.

However, she had to admit that the womanizer is an odd man. He liked bringing women home but none of them is allowed to enter the second floor where his bedroom and study are located. Especially his study, it's off-limits and installed with latest security technology on duty 24/7.

It was always the guest room near the front door and the auburn haired temptress decided to call the room `the pleasure room`.

She is none to judge. Maybe all of these playboy things are just a fad because she had seen first hand that the businessman-side of that perspicacious man is astonishing. Well, she never knew with that deceptively cute lopsided smile of his. Especially when he has been quite docile, for his lady-killer's standard, around her. At this point, the regal beauty is no-longer sure whether she wanted to insult or praise the man.

She tip-toed carefully to one of the spare rooms at the back that he had assigned to her for her personal use. It is basically where she kept most of her belongings and uniform and where she sleeps when she had to stay overnight. She loaded the desk with her laptop and manual book before changing into the black and white clothing article.

Yes, that cursed maid uniform.

As the quality soft piece of cloth touch her skin, she cannot help but think of how come such a racy outfit has high-quality fabric. But she was not keen on entertaining idea despite how interesting it might be.

The girl fell into the routine of cleaning the apartment while dutifully ignoring the occupied guest room.

A pair of sculptuous long legs was out from the confining jeans and flaunted its glory in black spandex. The transformed girl's efficiently gyrating around in the kitchen in moderate pace. The owner of said legs filled the carafe with cold infused-water while preparing a porridge. The fair brunette is still undecided. But preparing an anti-hangover herbal tea she had purchased a week ago might help her employee a little to start the day. She decided to become a model employee and prepare a tea set on dinner table instead. Bringing too many might have hindered her.

Her nimble fingers tucked her hair into the cursed ruffled white headband. She's glad it does not have a cat ear like the ones used in university festival.

Kyuhyun put a straight poker face as she strode her way onto the infamous pleasure room of Shim Changmin’s luxurious penthouse. Carefully balancing the tray filled with infused water and porridge. She was careful with her steps, making sure her Mary Jane shoes did not accidentally trip and kill her. As she reached opened the door, her eyes widened to the size of saucer.

Her lungs took a huge punch. She needs to sanitize her eyes. Quick.

Her large crystal-like orbs blinked several times as if it would erase the imagery burned in her brain. Apparently, she hadn’t prepared herself for something like this when she signed the contract back then and she is never getting used to this. The main source of her doom. At least, she is no longer freaking out now.

Inhale.

Oh my ing, don't tell her it was a wine stain on a ing white sheet.

Exhale.

Is that spillage on the rug? Bottles of liquors littered messily all over the bed, floor, some half-empty bottles on the nightstand and some on the low table. She would definitely have a hard time cleaning those wine stains from the white, emphasis that, rug and the god damned bed sheet. Thanks God there is an existence called laundry service in the world or she would probably consider murdering her employer and get over with this crap as better option.

She might have to give extra tip the the building's laundry lady though. She is not going to clean those on her own. No, she did not appreciate this. Her supposed to be peaceful, innocent day. was. ruined.

And she was indescribably mad.

The Ice Queen had a pensive look on her face as she stared at the mixed water with lemon and honey as if she was contemplating something.

Counting internally to ten, taking another deep breath.

She cannot suppress the skeptical tug at the corner of . Without even thinking she lifted the carafe glass from the tray and gave the two unsuspecting slumbering occupants a very freezing morning. As she dumped the whole iced water in the carafe to these sleeping beauties' head. Especially this brazen maniac of a billionaire.

"THE FUC- KYUHYUN!"

She is reconsidering. Maybe she really should have just killed this shameless man.

"Mind your language, Shim Changmin-shii. You have an image to uphold to our guest here." She glared at Changmin with her no nonsense expression she was sure he was extremely familiar with for the past months.

The nameless girl, her employer's bed partner for last night, looked confused and distracted after being abruptly woken up as she was cowering within the bedsheets. "Dear esteemed guest, after you clean up please check your belongings before leaving. Please be careful on your way back."

The tall maid tried to impose her best non-harmful business smile she had perfected during her short reign as the only daughter of one of South Korea's oldest families. "A quick pro tip, ordering a taxi from the lobby is highly recommended."

The girl nodded frantically at Kyuhyun's instruction. She was trembling a little at the venomous aura the maid was emitting to her while she cannot even compute what the heck was happening.

The taller girl stood in silent with her tray in hand as she observed the other girl scrambling around looking for her scattered clothes and ran out of the room. She heard the front door being slammed shut. Indicating the guest had hastily left the apartment. Completely traumatized.

The cynical red-lipped girl just hoped the pretty lady somehow managed to find the missing pair to the Louboutin near the sofa. It was a nice pair of shoes and she hoped she did not have to mail any left-behinds. She is not fond of cleaning up after her playboy employer with his historically-proven ed up dating life.

Now, with the his night-conquest gone, she needed to deal with her difficult employer that had been staring at her with astonished expression from his sitting position on the bed.

What is with the flabbergasted expression he has? She thought he had been getting used to this.

"I think," Kyuhyun paused, "I will just serve the porridge on the table later." A soft thud echoed the room as she laid the tray on the bed-side table. She was only a few inches from her bare-chested playboy boss. She can act indifferent outside, while the normal girl inside her had to give two thumbs up for his otherworldly sculpted upper torso. How could the ebony haired man managed to maintain his muscles with his abnormal drinking habit? She needed to know the secret.

Before she did something stupid or trapped in an impossible rom-com situation with the chaebol, she pulled back and made a disgusted expression at the messy haired man's appearance. "You can take a bath yourself as I clean up this mess. I have cleaned up the second floor." Changmin was about to open his mouth. The Ice Queen had to cut that off. "And the real breakfast is ready on the table so don't you dare disturb me."

Kyuhyun ignored him and started gathering the trashes loitering the room.

"Are you saying that... I smell?" One of his eyes slanting a little as he asked her incredulously.

Her shoulders stiffened at the unexpected statement. It was funny. A bit. "Yes." She answered curtly and stopped her task picking up empty bottles and cans midway as she glared ominously at the heaven-sent eye-candy.

Unconsciously, she held the bottles a little tighter in anticipation at the playful glint beaming from his charming eyes. She knew that look. She had been the receiving end of it countless time already. He is up to no good.

"Am I?" He tousled his dark brown hair, exposing his forehead. A look she had to admit made him seemed much more mature. The tall man stood up and stretched a little, the rubber to his boxer peeked from underneath his ripped blue jeans. He strode lazily into her personal space. She was glad he was not like last time. It had been very awkward.

The short skirt rode up her thighs as she bowed down picking up a wine glass on the stained rug. She plastered her best poker-face as the man crouched in front of her. His face was just so close she can almost taste the alcohol in his breath. Playful lopsided smile graced his handsome feature with mischief as he stared up on her.

But the fiery beauty was not going to back down anytime soon. She just needed a peaceful day. She had zero to give to her employer today.

"Get out. You are hindering me." She stab her finger with brute force to his rock-hard chest. Ouch, that hurts.

What is he made of?

Whatever he saw in her angry eyes backed him a little as he stood and took several steps back with hands swatting in front of his chest. He made a bowing gesture while raking his lean fingers through the soft strands of his hair. "Alright okay."

"You are giving me headache." The girl spat in loatheful tone as she grab the white rug with her unoccupied hand.

He confidently winked his hypnotizing eye. "But you like me, Kyuhyun-ah~"

The round melted-caramel orbs widened in disbelief at the derogatory statement went through that sinful lips. “Don’t get cocky just because you are a little better in the eyes, spawn of devil.”

The man almost seven years her senior chortled with glee at her slip of tongue, As if he was glad she found him attractive.

"So, I do look handsome in your eyes, Kyuhyun-ah."

This simple act triggered the girl, her cheeks burns. The girl with brown mane could sense that much. The sane part of her mind told her that she had to get rid of the stinky chaebol fast.

Without further ado. she dropped everything and stomped her killer heels to the white floor as she strode to the impossibly tall man with lightning speed.

"Now, out!" Her long hair flew from hiding her  as she screamed her lungs. Then with torque she had generated with her body weight, she threw him out of the room and locked the door behind her.

.

.

.

The bachelor is really the pinnacle of human evolution. She just hoped she can spend the remaining time paying her debts in peace.


Private Club, Itaewon.

​​​"Yow, Changmin-hyung!" A small man with light chestnut hair merrily jumped from the couch. The boy next to him, has colder and calmer stature, toasted his glass to his direction. The business magnate threw them the infamous social smile.

The sport cars collector felt bored with his favorite maid currently on leave because of her exam. He decided to just randomly accept a boy's night out invitation from his friends. To lessen his dull life a little.

Seeing the latest addition to the group, a VIP frequenter at that, the waiter professionally added one more wine glass and poured a bottle of wine Changmin usually orders without asking anything. The luxury of being in the VIP guest in one of the most prominent club in Seoul. Where only the richest can attend by invitation.

​​​​​​"Hey, Minseok." He acknowledges the happy-go-lucky man calmly as the light haired rich kid struggled slinging his arm to his shoulder due their height difference. The older man affectionately ruffled the rather cute man in cream suit, his other hand rested in his perfectly-cut gray trousers pocket.

The black-haired occupant sipped his  fine aged wine as he observed the tangled men, his charming grayish eye tingled with curiosity. "Where have you been, Hyung? We have not seen you around lately! We thought you are dead already."

"Aish, c'mon!" The tallest man in the room dragged the bubbly dongsaeng as he took a seat on one of the club's fancy leather couch. The gray-eyed man in olive shirt and black slacks prompted to validate some random gossip about the business powerhouse, slash, Seoul's most promiscuous playboy. The playboy was always mysterious since his teenage years, but never to this extent.

"Are secretly married or something, Changmin-Hyung?"

Or something.

The occupant in olive shirt seemed to notice how his previously lax shoulder tensed slightly under the dim light. A dark look passed the misleading deer eyes. Sipping his wine quietly, he was sure he had just seen the real sinister nature of Shim Changmin beneath his well-cultivated mask.

Noticing the ominous tension. the man next to the Shim's heir put on defensive mode as he tried to calculate the best way to return the comfortable atmosphere. "Don't joke around, Suho. You still believe the bull that those people spew?" The more facilitating and compassionate among the three tried to bridging the hard-headed ones.

As fast as it came, Changmin's lurid aura disappeared into his usual charming handsome kid persona. He sipped his Cuvée Cathelin carefully. "Yeah cut the crap, Suho. Impossible." Changmin waved his pale fingers in dismissive gesture. "Work has been quite demanding. That's all."

Well, not really. With his maid's extra hands work has been very manageable.

The younger men were not convinced at all at his half-assed excuse. They had been growing together, after all the upper class is pretty stagnant in term of growth and density. Hence, the circles tend to overlap here and there.

It seemed they had decided on a thing, they were not going to force MIA guy to speak, since they have already learned from their more than a decade of friendship, Changmin will tell them when the time is right. Maybe indirectly through a gossip source.

The two rich young masters decided to tag along and switch the conversations to lighter one, the issues and updates of upper society he had missed during his absence. Some business and fiscal situations were spicing up the conversation along the way. While listening to the Kim cousins blabbing the latest information of South Korea's upper 1%, the long-legged devil realized, Suho and Minseok had been pestering him for months now, to join one of the elite's socializing parties, which he had blatantly ignored. He had been hanging out with closer friends and smaller circle lately. While in the past, he was a wild party animal.

The corner of his eye twitched. He just realized he had been avoiding socializing events quite dutifully. It is not like he was particularly avoiding anyone. His relationships with women have been very shallow anyway. Nothing to be concerned with.

It was no wonder his childhood friends were getting worried over his recent change in behavior.

He was acting unusual but he did not care.

He did miss the boys though. Even Yunho has been uncharacteristically quiet, except for some multiple appearances on gossip news with a certain famous actress. And the Forbes' 30 under 30 did not want to meddle with his friend's personal affair. Especially one belonging to The Jung's future patriarch.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Since it has been very hard to get a hold of you. Yunho-hyung entrusted us with this." Minseok scrambled over his suit's pocket. An elegant lilac paper of finest material with silver ribbon was presented to him over the black marble surface.

Kim Minseok raised his thick eyebrows while shrugging his well-defined shoulder at Changmin's inquiring stare. "Invitation to his annual party, Yunho-hyung told me to give this to you."

"It's mandatory." Suho chipped in. You cannot go MIA on us for this one.

"Sure."

He eyed the yin-and-yang dongsaengs before shifting the gaze to the lilac invitation, it must have been The Jung Sisters' idea.

The moment he touched the paper realization dawned upon him. Like a kick in the gut. The idea he had known but refused to accept the degree of severity of.

He did skip a lot of parties and gathering since he acquired a new personal assistant. To the point going to one was very painful.

However as a businessman and friend, he cannot reject one of Yunho's invitations. Despite the fact he'd rather stay in his apartment egging his personal assistant.

His assistant. The center of his deteriorating debauched lifestyle.

He messed his puffy dark brown hair unconsciously. What the hell is wrong with him.

The gray eyed one, Suho, was always the perceptive one and he was fully aware that Shim Changmin was frustrated about something now. "Hyung, we really have not seen you around lately." Suho toyed with the newly served martini, eyes on his older cousin. "You are not into your crazy conquest anymore. I thought you had gone impotent from the amount of you has had."

Kim Junmyeon aka Suho the geeky genius stated with flat expression. The older two just had to accept his foul language and antique behavior as they have been the receiving ends for decades.

The Shim's heir observed the situation unconsciously as he was quite taken aback with Suho suddenly going strong om him.

And the hard fact he stated.

The older Kim Cousin held back a groan. Aren't we have unspoken mutual agreement not to bring this up, Kim Junmyeon? was written all over his expression.

Minseok glared at his Yin counterpart which was disregarded as the younger one threw his gaze away. Now, the older Kim will have to follow the flow. Hoping that Shim Changmin would cut them some slack.

"Yeah, you have not been sleeping around too, not that we are unhappy about it, really we are glad you are finally seeing enlightenment!" the software company's heir explained in defense. "It's just unlike you, hyung, when was the last time?" A month ago? Or two?

Shim Changmin flushed his well-sculpted body hidden beneath gray suit to the couch. He had to force down a disbelieving glance over his half-full wine glass. "Aish, you too Minseok, are you keeping tab on my ual life?" Aren't you guys too nosy even for the society's standard?

Minseok was flustered at the remark. "HECK, NO!"

Suho snickered at his cousin's aghast expression.

"Not really, the girls have been talking about who will be your next girlfriend since you have not been taking one for a while." Minseok chugged his wine in a go to flush his embarrassment over the weird topic. From the corner of his eyes, the tall man could see Suho was still trying to swallow his impending chortle despite feeling a bit worried himself.

A quiet, awkward silence filled the spacious dim-lit private room with only four men dwelling in it. The professional bartender was the only one generating sound as he was preparing Minseok's order.

"Really?"

The man with high cheekbones seemed distant as he questioned back the cousins. As if he was both contemplating and registering what The Kims had just said. Like, he had not even thought of it before. Like, he had been slapped with hard fact.

The image of a girl in shabby shirt and jeans flashed inside his closed lids. He remembered the hurricane of headache and emotions she made him feel at her presence alone. Secure, invigorating, and comfortable.

, he had fallen too deep, hadn't he?

The game is no longer a game. At least, for Shim Changmin.

He did not hate the feeling. The richest man needed to reflect upon what his wants and needs but not now with two men prying his private life.

But one thing he was sure of, he quite liked where things are heading off.​​​​


Minseok got his clue that Shim Changmin refused to elaborate as minutes passed the room in stillness. However, Kim Minseok recognized that driven look he always donned when he solved a hard puzzle. Seoul's number one bachelor had realized something and he is determined to have it.

The man with lighter complexion shrugged in acceptance. After all, he would not dare to tell his respected mentor that the man had been taking fewer girls with similar features before stopping altogether.

Upper class people are not blind.

Suho is not blind.

And Minseok, the heir to the biggest IT software company in South Korea, is not ing blind.

Minseok can distinguish that Shim Changmin is building uncanny preferences upon pale skinned, wavy-haired brunettes. And too often, he noticed he took home ones with taller stature.

"You are being weird of course people talk." Suho cut him from consoling their favorite hyung. "Now, do you know that Choi Minho is actually running the Choi's department store business."

His younger cousin had decided to steer away from probing Shim Changmin's private life. While they might have been very curious, both his geeky cousin and him were not going to be caught in between Shim Changmin and his existential crisis. And they were sure it is about woman, because the gradual change of preference is too specific. It was very obvious that something has changed with the playboy, maybe he had finally tapped his unknown dormant gentlemanly nature. The younger men were obviously intrigued but he would not speak his mind outl oud yet in respect to their long-running relationship.

Both Kim Minseok and Junmyeon have been following the older man since they were in their diapers.The boy in light cream suit never saw Shim Changmin acted like this over his usual nonchalant attitude over dating life. He was always acting blasé with countless suitors flocking around him. Has the undivided attention tired him out? Minseok had to sort out the possibility of him being gay since he had zero interest with men. So, the younger man knew that the older man was rather flummoxed by one of his relationships with a female.

The two cousins would let the playboy took things at his own pace. And when the time is right, based on his personal experience, the most sought after (possibly ex-)bachelor might not even tell them what the hell is wrong. So, tonight they were going to get wasted together.

.

.

.

 

 

Being a caring childhood friend to an apathetic stubborn man is hard.


It seems The Jung's famous annual party is coming to town. Who is not invited? We all knew the best party has the best shows and The Jung always delivers. If I were you, K. With so many big names involved, I will just quit attending it altogether and enjoy my personal Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Cookie alone while writing an essay on why true love is a myth.

It seems Simba must have an unfinished feud with The Emperor. Did Simba snatched a girl from our Charismatic emperor? Or is it the opposite? We do realize that most goody two-shoes act might be hiding the wild man underneath. We will wait and see how our Simba will bloom.

Spotted leisurely playing expensive sport, our latest addition to the scandalous Seoul's elite. We do not realize that our smoldering hot Little Choi is childhood friend with our rock star heartthrob, JH. So polarizing, we did not see that coming. They spent a very sweaty weekend together in private elite's golf club. I would volunteer to be the caddy for these two striking young men.


"You can feel the light start to tremble, washing what you know out to sea.
You can see your life out the window, tonight."

- If I lose myself tonight, One Republic.


A/n :

Happy Wedding Changmin! Yay, so glad it is finally going to happen!

The first part should have been a part of The Black Tigers so I removed it to previous chapter (so, please check black tigers again if you have not read the Minho-Jonghyun part). Sorry.

 

It seems everybody has nothing better to do than keeping an eye on an university student. Ikr my logic, people just have flair for drama right? just enjoy the show.