The Party II

Reset

“Kim Jeonghoon-sunbaenim…Annyeonghaesyo, what brings you here?” Heerin bowed at once, seeing him to her right.

“Annyeonghaseyo; It’s too busy and loud inside…”

Hearing this from him, Heerin chuckled. “I didn’t know you’re quite straightforward, sunbaenim.”

“Some of my friends tell me that I am,” the former smiled. “Are you perhaps avoiding someone?”

“Well, you can put it that way,” she answered, sighing after. “It’s my ex.”

“How long?”

“What do you mean?”

“How long were you together?”

“Roughly one year. We broke up on our anniversary day… Oh well, that’s life.” She smiled at the former.

Jeonghoon just nodded and looked at the streets again. “That guy must be very sorry now.”

“I bet he is.”

The two laughed, seeming closer after the conversation. From afar, Eunho was watching them, taking a drink from his wine glass.

“Sunbaenim, you’re quite a smooth talker.”

“Am I?” he smiled. “You know what, you’re pretty interesting. Where are you working now?”

“Hm…in SME, some sort of manager’s assistant. I’m having a crash course in Journalism in SNU.”

“It’s been awhile since I last visited the university.”

“You can always visit there if you’re free.”

“I guess… By the way, I still don’t know your name.”

“My bad…I’m Han Heerin, an 87-er.”

 “So you’re seven years younger than me, Heerin-sshi.”

“Jeongmallo? You don’t look that old though,” she replied.

“And talk about being a smooth talker, Ms.Han Heerin.”

“Well, guilty as charged,” she chuckled, but her smile faded when she saw Eunho looking at their direction so intently. “Here he goes again.”

Jeonghoon looked at the direction of Heerin’s sight. He started nearing her, slightly bending down to whisper into her ear. “Is he the one?”

Heerin was startled by his action. She tried to maintain her composure and smiled.

“He is.”

Kim Jeonghoon smiled back at her. “Just ignore him.” He turned to look at the sky. “I can feel his stare piercing through my back.”

“You’re fun to be with, sunbae. It must be great being your friend.”

“We can be friends if you want to,” he looked at her, offering his hand for a shake.

She accepted and shook his hand. “It would be an honor. You’re both talented and smart from what I’ve seen in the shows.”

“Nice meeting you, Heerin-sshi.”

“Same here.”

When she checked her phone, Heerin smiled while reading Donghae’s text message.

                Text me if you arrived home.

                Just enjoy… (But don’t talk with guys for long, aratji?)

                Take care. Chu~ <3

“Cutie,” she thought.

“You seemed happy.”

“Yeah, I just got a message from someone close to me. I think I will have to leave first.”

“Oh, sure,” he uttered regretful. “Be careful on your way.”

“Ye. Annyeonghikyeseyo, sunbaenim.”

 

After bidding goodbyes with her college acquiantances, Heerin went to the waiting area for the taxis. As soon as she closed the door, Eunho entered the car through the other door, seeming drunk.

“Yah, you smell reeks of alcohol,” she blurted annoyed.

“Ma’am, what should we do?” the taxi driver asked. “Do you know him?”

“Ah—yes. I think I will have to send him first. Ahjussi, to Apgujeong.”

“You really want me to suffer, don’t you?” she thought as he stared at his face.

 

The moment they reached the condominium unit with the assistance of a security guard, Heerin hesitated in front of his room’s door.

“…And what am I supposed to do now?” she hissed, trying to enter the possible passwords.

When she entered their anniversary date, it was accepted.

Seriously, you’re one bad guy,” she mumbled, trying hard not to let the guard hear.

The man assisted Eunho to his bedroom, while Heerin went to the kitchen to boil some water.

“Thank you, sir. I’m sorry for troubling you.”

“It’s nothing. Ma’am, are you perhaps Mr. Lee’s lover? He seems depressed these days.”

“Aniyo, I’m just a colleague,” she lied.

Heerin made a honey-water drink afterwards. She also prepared for a tepid sponge bath for him.

“I’m not even supposed to be doing this,” she muttered, while wiping his face. “You had your chance, but you’ve wasted it... Please, just let me go,” she whispered.

When she was done, she just covered the food that she prepared on the table and left shortly after. Unknown to her, Eunho was watching her leave and ride a taxi from his glass windows.

“I'm a fool, mianhae.”

 

Upon arriving home, Heerin didn’t forget to inform Donghae. Not too long after, he called.

 “Yeoboseyo?” she answered with a sweet voice. “Did you already miss me that much?”

“Of course!” he replied chilidishly. “Did you just arrive now? It’s a little late.”

“Ne. I just had some matters to take care of. Do you want to know the details?”

“Anya… just knowing that you’re safe is enough for me. By the way, did you enjoy yourself?”

“…well, I did enjoy myself there. I met with my old friends and colleagues and I got to meet Kim Jeonghoon-sunbae.”

“You mean the one from U.N. and the actor, Kim Jeonghoon?”

“Exactly!”

“You sounded excited. Is he that good-looking?” his voice has hint of jealousy.

“Are you jealous?”

“I’m just feeling sulky.”

She chuckled. “Hae, chu—” she made a cute kissing sound on the other line. “That’s for you.”

He laughed at her cuteness. “Goodnight babe. See you tomorrow. Chu~”

“Ne, annyeong!”