Confrontation

Hopes Die Last

 I was woken up by the soft piano sounds. Higher and lower notes jumped off the walls enveloping me in a sweet embrace. Soon tender violin cries could be heard leading the melody to a glorious masterpiece.
 My palm found itself on the nightstand, searching for the sleek device which was emitting the angelic melody. I blindly tapped the surface but my skin never came across the familiar rectangular shape I had been searching for quite a while now. The sounds continued to play from afar making me want to fall asleep again. Eventually I found my phone laying flat on the white rug beside my bed. 
 I groggily rubbed my eyes open and slid out of the bed sheets. As I passed the couch I noticed that YuKwon was nowhere to be found. The only thing left on the cushions was a pile of messy bed sheets. I quietly tiptoed to the bathroom for a morning refreshment and as I was finally out I changed into a pair of plain jeans, a thin lilac pullover and flower printed high-heels.

 My stomach let out a loud rumble so I jumped to the kitchen for a quick snack before I went out. As I neared the room a sweet and mouth-watering scent crept in my nose. On the dining table was a plate piled with eggrolls. There was a tiny sticky note beside it, which wrote "I made some breakfast for you!". I chuckled at the cute message and popped one piece in my mouth. Just like the smell, its taste was amazing. I could feel each flavour melting in my mouth and bringing me an endless pleasure. I quickly ate two more and took the others with me in a lunchbox so I could enjoy them a bit longer.

 I started subconsciously to wonder where he could be while I was waiting on the bus stop. Perhaps out for a walk? Back in the nightclub? After declining the most ridiculous assumptions I gave up on pondering on this topic, since it would bring me to nowhere, and put my headphones on. Not three minutes later, the bus came and I crushed on the first free seat which my eyes saw. It happened to be a double seat and I realised I had sat next to a slumped man with a black hoodie looking through the window.

 I was in unusually high spirits and felt like I had to cheer the man up. "Hello, mister!" I said with a smile.

 "Sup." he answered curtly. There was something incredibly unique in the deepness of his voice. Such beauty could hardly be found anywhere. The man barely threw a glance aside and turned his head back to the window. I saw his dark blonde hair peek under his black hood and my lips curved in a smile. He got some style going on. Then why did he look so upset?

 "My name is Lee Jihye! Nice to meet you!" I said cheerfully and stretched my hand for a handshake. He turned his head halfway towards me and hesitantly took my hand. His skin was surprisingly soft and warm.

 "Pyo Jihoon." he uttered.

 "Jihoon-ssi…" I had already prepared myself for a random question when his body suddenly snapped and fully turned to me.

 "Look, I don't mean to sound rude or anything but at the moment, I don't have the desire to talk about anything with a stranger..."

 I had definitely not seen this coming, I was at loss of words. I knew these dark almost black eyes. I was not sure if this man was the same Pyo Jihoon that used to play around like a child and smile foolishly. But now there were no traces of a smile on his face. The darkness around his eyes contrasted on his pale skin and his long blonde hair. He sighed and got up. His posture was humped and somehow he looked extremely tired and...sad.

 I got off the bus on the next stop and walked to the university. During the short walk I thought about Jihoon's words. Where did that flame into his eyes go? I remember how happy and lively he used to be. Where did all that cheerfulness go? When I looked at his eyes, all I saw was nothing but the ashes of a once burning bonfire.


 On the university entrance I was welcomed by rushing students, their eyes staring blankly in their books. They strangely resembled robots, which received all the knowledge they had by learning everything by heart. Was it something else than meaningless words formed into thoughts in their brains? I strongly doubted that.

Most people thought that managment in university was extremely boring but I found it exciting and it was really the thing I wanted to study; what made me happy. And that was shown in my results - I was an excellent student with one of the best grades among my coleaugues.

 After all my classes had ended I headed to the nearest café to refill my energy stockings before going on with my day. I could feel a knot forming in my tummy, which was a sign for me to be cautious. I had the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

 I sat on a table by the window, crossed my legs and waited for the waitress to come.

 "What a pleasant surprise." I heard a familiar voice mutter behind me.

 My blood froze, knowing exactly who was it. He, on the other hand, did not seem any bit bothered by my uneasiness and took the seat in front of me. He cleared his throat and bore into my eyes with his own.

 “I thought about what you said a couple of days ago.” He spoke eventually and the atmosphere became even tenser. The awkwardness was interrupted when the waitress came and I ordered melange coffee, Minhyuk ordered an espresso. "So I wanted to talk to you."

 “Am I in trouble?” I asked, still unsure of his reasons. I had actually pushed the thought about him in the far back of my mind until it was time to face him again but I guess faith was merciless that time and our next meeting was held sooner than expected.

 “Depends.” He cocked an eyebrow and continued after taking a small sip from his hot drink. "Firstly, I don’t want you to have a wrong impression of me. But my past is not a pleasant topic for me so I don’t want other people to discuss it, less trying to dig in it.” He paused for another sip to let the information sink in and went on with his sharp words “I admit that there are things I would want to change but I’m not able to anyways so why bother worrying about it?”

 I took a sharp breath ready to speak up but not really sure what to retort and this was enough of a sign for him to take up his speech again, not letting me utter a single word.

 “So please let the relationship between us grow no more than a lecturer and a student.” He had obviously misunderstood my intentions.

 “That’s not what I intend, don’t get me wrong, Mr. Lee.” I knew I had to resist the knot in my throat and not let my voice tremble from all the frustration and anger that had built up during his speech. If I had shown him weakness, he’d never take my words seriously even if I repeat them a thousand times. “Sometimes people who like what you do, don’t think of you in a romantic way. They just love your other selves; the personalities you show them. And this got nothing in common with real relationships.” By that moment all insecurities were gone. None of my words was ingenuine, I spoke what I really meant and didn’t actually care about how he would react. I downed my cool cappuccino and stormed out of the café, heading to the park, where I could think thoroughly over my own words and maybe regret most of them.


 Author's note

 Waddup, guys! We finally got to see some more of B-Bomb's character and he's pretty badass! I like him that way tbqh xDD. Just the way he es around with literally everyone just makes me feel.....satisfied lol.

 And on a side note, I'm finally in summer break! Woah, that school year was soo stressful and hectic for me I don't even know how I passed with excellent grades at almost everything! Geography, I genuinely hate you. Summer means hot weather, which means I stay all day at home, which means sooo much free time and more updates! I don't know what has come to me recently but I almost all the time I feel like I want to write something. The bad part comes, when I don't know what exactly I want to write... And it drives me crazy. Has it ever happened to you, guys, or is it only me? Anyways, thanks for reading this crappy chapter!

Until next time, I love you!

Oh, and before I forget, I am grateful to those who really takes their time not only to read this ty story but also write nice comments!