Stranger's Lollipop

Hopes Die Last

 Come on, Jihye, you can do it. Don’t be a coward.

Again, only one thing lingered in my empty, slightly sleepy head. I had to try again. Nothing could really stop me and I didn’t have anything to lose. Besides Lee Minhyuk did not seem like a man who would expel a student only for asking questions. It wouldn’t hurt, right? No, I am not a coward. I am going to do it. Just one question. Only one simple question that required as simple answer.

 I woke up really early in the morning. How comes I wake up early only on weekends and I am like a zombie in weekdays? I let out a deep sigh and got up from my messy bed. I tiptoed on the cold floor to the bathroom with my eyes half-closed. I looked in the mirror and all I saw was my blurred reflection. I managed to wash my face and teeth properly and my sight became normal again. I made my way to the kitchen and prepared myself a mug of tea. Drinking green tea was one of my favourite activities; it was refreshing and had a bitter yet nice taste. Still dressed in my baggy green pajamas, I sat on the cushioned couch and turned the TV on the music channel. My head swayed in the rhythm of the song; it was one of my favourites. I toned the volume up and went to dress up. The lyrics of the song quietly escaped my lips as I was picking out my clothes for the day.

After a walk to the supermarket, I went back home again. An idea flashed across my mind and with a sly grin on my face I pulled out my phone.

 "Hi, Jihye!" A cheerful voice sang in my ear after the third ring.

 "Shinnie! I was wondering if you want to go clubbing tonight? You know, like besties do?" I had called ShinSoo, my best friend.

"Okay, let me think a bit...uuum" she hummed incoherent words to herself and  I couldn’t help but chuckle at her cuteness. "Oh, right. I can't come this night. I'm having a dinner at my parent's house and you know my father..."

 "Have no worries, then. We can go next week, I'll be okay." A drop of disappointment crept into my voice and she immediately sensed it.

 "I'm really sorry but I'll make this up to you, I promise!" ShinSoo ended the call and I flopped on my bed, frustrated.

 Then I guess I’m going single-handed tonight. I thought.

 After taking a long refreshing bath, I rummaged among my clothes wondering what to wear. I had half a mind to a mini-dress and more casual but still sassy tight jeans. Eventually I chose the black tight jeans and paired them with a fitted hot pink coloured vest and black leather jacket. I still had half a day, though.

  I had nothing else to do than stroll around the neighbourhood. I liked taking long walks alone with my thoughts. It was not loneliness to me, it was freedom. Free to think what I wanted and free of unwanted stress. For a few hours I was able to forget reality and savour the surroundings of the busy city and the grumpy people, who were deep in their own worlds. Yes, I liked being free by being alone.

 There, on the sidewalk was a sulky man with black coat and a phone probably permanently attached to his right ear. He was most likely a businessman who cared for nothing aside his career. There was also a short woman with a crying infant in her arms. She was swiftly taking long strides, probably late for an appointment. And there was me – a girl with long wavy brown hair, her hands tucked in her jacket pockets, just walking on the pavement, observing the passersby. They had no clue how interesting they were. Not saying a word, only watching. It was utterly intriguing to me.

 Hours and hours and hours had passed. Faces and faces, I could have never counted, passed before my sight. And without realizing, the sun was already nearing the horizon signaling the end of the work day and the beginning of the nightlife. I jogged back to my apartment and changed my clothes with the outfit I had chosen before. It was time for clubbing, time for getting wasted, setting our desires free. I put on my hot pink laced-up pumps and went out again, heading off to the nearest club. Fortunately, it was not big but famous club in Seoul and for me it was one of the perks of living in the center of the capital.

 The club itself was nothing but a spacious room with an illuminated bar in the corner, a few tables for the visitors to have their drinks, a DJ deck and, of course, dance floor in the middle. The place was dimly lit, which made people’s faces hardly recognizable.

 I seated myself on one of the high stools beside the bar and ordered a cold daiquiri.

 "Hey, Jihye, long time no see!" The barman shouted trying to outvoice the blasting music.

 "Shut up, Kiseop!" I laughed and took a sip of the glass he handed me. “You sound like I come here every night.” He just laughed it off and took the orders of the other customers. “Hey, can I ask you a favour?  Can you place this somewhere because it's too hot here!" I passed my leather jacket to Kiseop who rolled his eyes and took it without saying anything.

 As I was sipping my cocktail, enjoying the wonderful diversity of sour and sweet, a tall boy rested his hands on the free place beside me. “Two tequilas, Kiseop. One for me and one for that beautiful lady.” Great, now I had company.

 “Hello.” I said casually as I was eyeing him, although I couldn’t really see his face; it was too dark.

 “Why are you alone here? It’s not a place, where you go to enjoy only yourself.”

 “Because I wanted to have some fun all by myself.” I said cockily. Yes, it was a lie but who cared? I didn’t know him, neither did he know me. He leaned down to say something and I sensed the sweet aroma of his perfume swiftly before I cut him off by  downing my tequila, slamming the small cup on the bar and heading straight for the dance floor. I had burning fire in my veins, so I had to let it free. Once I set my foot on the floor and squeezed my way through the mass of people, I already felt gazes directing to me. I smiled to myself and took in the beat. My hips started to sway slowly and my hands wandered around my body. A pair of big palms s around my waist from the back and pressed me against a strong body. I felt somebody’s warm breath on my exposed neck and cool goosebumps ran up and down my spine. I recognized the same sweet perfume and a smile plastered itself on my face. After a few more rocks of our bodies I grew quite curious and tried to turn around to face him but to no avail; he held me too tight and didn’t let me.

 The music suddenly stopped and the DJ took the microphone. "And now it's time for our dance shoow~! ARE YOU READY~?!" He shouted and everybody responded with shouts and encouraging whistles.

 When my partner heard that, he neared his lips to my ear and whispered "I'll be right back, wait for me." He disappeared in the crowd, leaving me clueless about who he was.

  The banging music started again but now there were two bodies on the little stages on each side of the DJ dock. The boy on the left started effortlessly moving his limbs, making his body a part of the music, part of the magic. The other one stood there and nodded his head, engulfing the beat, like he was waiting. The dancer, however, he was incredible! I was stunned at the way he moved his body. The way he danced like he was all alone in a dark room, only surrounded by the magic of the music, touching his soul.

 No, the other guy wasn’t a rapper. He was actually a singer and I realized it after he opened his mouth and started to hit beautiful notes, totally contrasting to the beat of the song but also merging with it and becoming a whole. His voice, it sounded so smooth like he had many years of vocal training and he was clearly not just a club performer.

 "People, are you having fun?" The DJ spoke again after the two boy’s performance ended. "I'm sure you do! Now the real entertainment begins!" These were his last words before putting his headphones on his head.

 A warm hand rested itself on my back and I instinctively turned around. The person embraced my hands with his slender fingers and guided them on his shoulders then he placed his hands on my waist.

 "I told you I will come back." He flashed his bright smile. My heart instantly warmed at the sight of his cheerful smile and made me smile too. There was something familiar with this smile… It might have just been the alcohol. I crossed my arms around his neck bringing my body closer to his. His hands s around my waist. We were dancing face to face but I still wasn't able to see his face features. Maybe he had put something in my tequila or I was becoming blind.

 "I haven't seen you here before." He tried to initiate a conversation, whispering in my ear.

 "I’ve been busy lately and I didn't have enough time to relax. But I'm here now, dancing with a mysterious guy." I whispered back.

 "I see. And do you want to have some more fun?" Before I could react somehow to the question, he smiled again. Now the lights got brighter and I could finally see his face. He looked me straight in the eyes and came closer to my face. I didn't complain and closed my eyes ready for the following scene. A second later, a pair of warm lips were kissing mine. He my lower lip, deepening the kiss and smiled, probably tasted my cherry lipbalm. I got a taste of his lips and it was like sweet lollipop. I love lollipops.


Author's note

 Hey, again! I really had fun writing this chapter, it was like a break from all the work that I have to do. And what is an AFF story, without at least one scene in a club? :D I actually enjoy writing these club scenes because you can make them hot and blame everything on the alcohol lol. I hope you like this chapter and it's longer than the previous two, wow. Thanks to those who support me, even when I don't upload. I love you, subbies!! ^___^

P.S I think I will post an oneshot story with somebody of EXO but I'm not sure who to choose yet. I have it already written but I have to translate it in English. Are you guys interested? If you are, I will post a link in the next chapters when I'm done and do send me suggestions of who you want it to be!