Eight

Academy Of War

Before me was a small boy with blonde hair. He was the same height as I was, and I recognized him as the other Omega boy. What had he been named? Ah, yes. Taemin. He stood just outside my doorway, looking everywhere but my face. First, the ceiling was his target, then, he decided the floor needed some attention. A few seconds passed like this before I realized his mouth had been moving.

". . . otten your schedule?" I tuned in just in time to hear his final sentence. Luckily, I had spent some time starring at his lips before, and he looked at me strangely while I pieced together what he had said. It didn't take very long, so I didn't think he suspected anything.

"Oh, no, I haven't gotten anything yet. Have you asked the other two who came with us?" I said as calmly as possible, considering I only knew about half of what he had just said.

"It's strange, I haven't seen them around. And, they got led away by a different guy than us." He was still looking at the ground, but at that moment he glanced up into my eyes. "Your name, It was Kayleigh, right?" He said quickly, his cheeks turning red.

"Yeah. Taemin?" I answered in the minimum amount of words possible, not really wanting to talk right now. To Leeteuk either. Definitely did not want to talk to him. Where was he, anyway? I noticed I hadn't been paying attention again when I saw Taemin starring at me.

"Can you repeat what you just said?" I asked casually, leaning against the door frame and placing my hand against my head. He had said something, hadn't he? I was just bull ting. I didn't really know.

"Who was your advisor?" He asked, obliging me.

"Oh? Leeteuk. Wasn't he yours?" I was suddenly interested in the conversation, and I stopped breaking the door frame and leaned in closer to Taemin. Wow, he looked like a girl.

I wasn't aware I was reaching out to touch his hair until someone cleared their throat from behind Taemin. I continued to reach out until my hand touched his hair. I rubbed his head.

"Wow! So soft." I complemented him and smiled, watching him blush madly. This was entertaining. But who was behind him? Still rubbing his abnormally soft head, I tilted my head to the side.

What I saw was not pleasant.

__________________________________________

Leeteuk sat awkwardly on my couch, his hands on his lap. He looked slightly nervous as he looked around my room. I could tell when he spied my underwear on the floor, because I was watching his eyes, and he stared at that one spot for a long time. A very long time.

Why had I carelessly thrown my clothes down on the floor the night before? I mentally cursed myself for being so stupid. I should have known that they wouldn't just leave me alone. I needed to develop some new habits. And maybe get some new underwear that didn't have flowers all over it. Yes, that was a good Idea.

Then again, why had I invited him anyway? He hadn't even asked! It was all my fault! I banged my head against the TV, causing him to glance over in my direction. I remembered a moment before. . .

Taemin had jumped up and bowed as soon as he realized that a teacher was behind him. He ran away almost immediately after, and I had laughed, trying to act normal. When Leeteuk hadn't laughed back, I had sighed and invited him into my room. An invitation he had accepted without a word. And here we were. Such a short chain of events, yet so. . . dramatic.

I stood just behind the large TV, hiding from his gaze. The silence left me thinking. Why was he here? Was there a punishment for being weird? Okay, that was a little out there, but nothing else could explain his sudden appearance. But he was an advisor, right? Advisors could pop in and check in on their students, I reasoned. Nothing unusual here.

Or! Maybe he had come to tell me they had made a mistake, and that I could go home. The thought would have made me scream with joy yesterday, but today left me with a strange feeling of emptiness.

But that probably wasn't it either. I had won, hadn't I? Until now, It had never occurred to me how strange a test I had to take. Swords? I had never seen a real sword until yesterday, yet it felt so. . . natural. I lost myself for a moment in yesterdays memories, and Leeteuk chose that moment to speak.

" I brought you your MP3 player." He said quietly, holding his hand out toward the TV. Ahh, so now I had a reason. A real reason. Nothing I had made up. Did I have to go get the thing, though? I didn't want to, but eventually, I had to.

I walked, taking at least twenty seconds to cover that small space. I assumed I was being painfully obvious about. . . something. Maybe he thought it was hatred, but it was probably just embarrassment. I had the odd feeling to sit down, but ignored it. Slowly, I reached my hand out, not looking at the thing in his. I was looking at his eyes, that were looking back at me, checking for a reaction.

I was so engrossed in his eyes that I didn't even notice when he grabbed my hand.