Four

Academy Of War

As soon as I was escorted to my new room , I noticed that it was different from my previous one. It was larger, for one, but the main difference was the furniture.

There was a desk to the left of the room, and perched upon it was a computer. It looked fairly new, and I was hopeful as to what I could connect to. There was a black loveseat on the right wall, and in front of it was a large flat screen T.V. Under the T.V and the couch there was a large white rug, outlining the territories. This place seemed to have a thing for black and white.

My bed was bare, and I wondered what I could do with a frame and a mattress. It looked large, and I assumed it was somewhere around queen size. Although I was happy about the large bed, I was curious at what I had done to deserve it.

The carpet was black and shaggy, and when I took off my shoes, my toes felt rough in comparison. I saw a door next to the computer desk, and decided to go look at what was inside.

The door had two separate compartments, one leading towards my walk in closet, already filled with uniforms, and the other leading towards a bathroom. The bathroom layout was normal, and apart from the oversized bathtub and Omega towels, nothing seemed odd.

Anticipating another wait, I went back into my main room and booted up the computer. It was surprisingly fast, and I could forsee no trouble coming from it. The desktop was bare, and had obviously just loaded with a new copy of windows 7.

When I moved the mouse, a message popped up. It was in an odd format, new to me, but I assumed that that was just an effect of using 7 for the first time. It went like this:

Kayleigh,

As a new student, you are permitted one of the following items:

MP3 Player

Cell phone

Laptop

Hairbrush

Stuffed animal

Please list your choice at the bottom of the screen when finished and re-boot the computer. It will be delivered shortly to your quarters.

We would like to further congratulate you on being placed with the Omega section of the academy. Although we like to think of ourselves as one big community, we have found that certain students have different needs. These groups have been tailored to fit all students.

You will report to the following instructors:

Gabriel Li(headmaster)- Technique and Style. This course is taken by both Alpha and Omega students, and encloses everything you will need to know about your future career and how to handle it. This course will be taken the first year, and the last four.

Rain-Talent and Development. This course will single out a students particular talents and will help train them. This course will be taken all years.

Sungmin-Strategic Placement. This course helps students analyze situations and decide how best to handle them. This course must be taken twelve out of fourteen years. The student will decide the years, but must take it the last two years at the academy.

Eunhyuk- Natural Sections. This course encloses all the knowledge you would learn at a regular school. It varies month by month what will be taught. This course must be taken all years.

Onew- Natural Remedies and Healing. This course is invite only. Very few students are capable of this particular feat, and an extra class is added onto your day. This will become one of your most important skills, and others will surely depend of you for it. This class is to be taken all years.

Leeteuk- Combat Training. This course covers training with the weapon of your choice, and is taken by both Alpha and Omega students. Students will choose how many years they take this course, but three is mandatory.

All of our teachers require no formal titles, and will be disappointed at any student who enforces them.

Again, we wish you well, and if you have any questions, your advisor will be along shortly to answer them.

-The Administrators

This mysterious message set me wondering, but I did as it told me. Once reading the options, I had immoderately chosen MP3 player. Music soothes the savage beast.

The classes sounded unusual. Healing? Was that like being a doctor? I didn't know If I was capable of that. Also, what was up with the Alpha and Omega thing the school had? They were everywhere! Somehow, I doubted it was only the school that used the symbols.

I pressed the reboot button and submitted my request. Even if all of the classes sounded terrifying, I felt like I could do it. I've felt differently since fighting my unicorn. I wonder who he was. He never did tell me his name, although he said he would.

While the computer was busy rebooting, and I was lost in my thoughts, I heard a quick tap on the door. I assumed it must be my advisor, just as the message had said.

While walking across my room, I looked outside and noticed it was dark. How long had I been on the computer for? It seemed like time had passed very quickly. As I automatically unlocked my door and begun to open it, I kept my eyes trained on the window. Somehow, I hadn't noticed it before. How strange. But there was something strange about this whole place. Strangely beautiful.

As a deep voice cleared their throat, I noticed that I was still turned around, and I jumped at the sudden noise. Quickly turning around, I ran straight into something hard and warm. It felt like metal.

As I pulled back, I noted that it was chain mail, and underneath, just like the caged man, there was nothing. Now I knew it wasn't a girl.

I slowly looked upward, embarrassed, and gasped. My eyes widened, and my hands found my head as I slowly backed away. I couldn't tell how I looked right now, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to.

"Ah!" I cried in recognition.

It was my Unicorn.