Five

Academy Of War

I was shocked to see him standing before me. I hadn't really thought he would come to explain things. I guess his promises were important to him. I had to think about that for a moment, and I decided I liked it.

After starring for a few moments, I realized that I was backed up against the far wall. The one next to my bed. The man was still in the door way, his hands raised in a gesture of peace. He must think that I was crazy by now. But I would have reason enough to fear him. He should have won the fight. Why didn't he? Did he let me win, as he had the last boy? Was it as obvious to the spectators as it was to me when he had fought the alpha boy?

"I won't attack you." He said, smiling and chuckling to himself. He reminded me of a Knight. The fact that he was wearing all black slightly marred that image, though.

"Ohthatsnotwhy!" I blurted incoherently while raising my hands to mimic his. Oops.

"Excuse me, I'm afraid I didn't catch that." He explained politely. I soon realized that we both looked ridiculous with our hands raised, and lowered mine.

"I'm not scared of you. You startled me, that's all." I said after taking a deep breath. "I never got your name." This made me slightly angry, that he hadn't wanted to tell me. He raised his eyebrows, and lowered his arms as I had.

"Me?" He asked incredulously "Are you sure you want to know? Or do you already?" How could I know his name? I just met him today, and he had refused to tell me. I glared resentfully, crossing my arms at the same time.

"I don't know your name." I said flatly. He pursed his lips, and I noticed that he looked slightly older than the senior students. Not old enough to make a difference, but old enough so that the more observant people in the world would notice it.

"Alright. Don't treat me strangely when I tell you, though. Okay?" He looked at me for conformation, and I nodded, still angry. "My name is Leeteuk." The name ring a bell, But I couldn't place in immideatly. All expression fell from my face as I thought. Leeteuk looked worried at this, and I grinned to reassure him. I was already over my anger.

It took me a few minutes, but Leeteuk waited patently while I stood in silence, his hands in his pockets. Then I remembered. Leeteuk. The combat teacher. My unicorn. I groaned, breaking the silence and Leeteuk's posture. He rushed over to me as I fell to the ground by my bed.

My head was in my hands and I felt him shaking me, muttering "I knew she would take it badly. . . " Anything I had thought about before now had to disappear. Teacher's were big NO-NO'S. It wasn't helping that Leeteuk wasn't wearing a shirt, just the chain mail.

I could smell him, and he smelled vaguely of the ocean. Not the salty seawater, but the cool, partially minty, ocean breeze smell.

Then everything went black.

________________________________________________________________

When I woke up, I was on my bed. At least, I thought It was my bed. It smelled the same, but it had sheets. They were the same design as the floor of the cage. How odd.

I rolled over, and noticed sunlight coming into my room through the window. It shone down, and I noticed my hair had taken on a faint blonde hue, like it always did in the sun. That was part of the reason why I generally tried to avoid going outside. It's not like I was pale though, my Asian side had prevented that.

Slowly, I got up out of bed. The sheets had been warm and comfortable, and the cold air was a shock. What should I do? I wasn't entirely sure, because I hadn't gotten a schedule or anything. I also didn't want to shower, because honestly my hair looked fine, and I was more of a night-showering person.

My mouth tasted funny, so I decided to go brush my teeth. It was that annoying taste you get when you have just woken up. It was also probably a good idea to wash my face, since I couldn't recall doing it last night, and it felt grimy.

When I thought of last night, I had a funny feeling. Now inside the bathroom, I began brushing my teeth. The brush made a soft swish noise against my teeth.

Last night. Last night I read that strange message on my computer. . .

swish swish swish

And I chose an MP3 player, because I don't think I could live without my music. I drifted for a moment.

swish swish swish

Ah! Right. My MP3 player never came, like they said it would. Oh well, maybe it's just late. Then again, why would they give me an MP3 player?

swish swish swish

Then my unicorn came! He said he was my advisor. That is odd. . . My brushing became harder as I tried to remember.

What happened after that? I think I ran into him. Oops

SWISH SWISH SWISH

And then He told me his name! What was it again?

Silence

By then I had stopped brushing my teeth, and was standing and starring intently at the toilet. Suddenly, my toothbrush dropped from my hand and made a tink against the sink.

Leeteuk. That was his name. My cheeks became red as I remembered how I had acted. How could i act that way? I wasn't sure If I was looking forwards to seeing him or not, because I knew I would have to. He was my combat teacher for god's sake!

A knock on the door made me jump. I sprinted towards the door, and nearly tripped over the TV in my room. God, was that always there?

When I opened the door, I was greeted by a familiar sight.