chapter 01

Can't sleep

 

It was late at night and Lu Han couldn’t sleep yet and they have schedule first thing in the morning. He was moving back and forward on his bed, rolling around, changing positions, staring at the ceiling, the wall, the lamp next to his bed, counting ships, deers, unicorns, but nothing, he just couldn’t go to dreamland. He sat upright, then looked at Kris sleeping like a dead man on the other bed, “he really knows how to sleep” he thought. After fixing a little his messy hair he got up and decided to go to the kitchen and eat something or maybe drink milk, since it is said that drinking milk helps you to sleep, who knows, he never actually tried it.

 

He was walking in the dark until a light illuminated his way, a light coming from the living room of the dorm, it seemed like the TV was on but he couldn’t hear nothing, he stepped in, saw the TV was indeed on but was in mute-mode, after seeing some drama on the screen he understood why there was no sound, the drama had subtitles, so no need to volume up. His eyes turned to the person on the couch, he could only see the back of his head though, but he can recognize that head anywhere, it was no other than Yixing. His lips curved in a little smile, he walked towards the couch and stood a few steps from his friend.

 

The main dancer’s eyes were glued to the TV screen but Lu Han wasn’t so sure if he really was watching the drama, since he seemed like hypnotized and with his mouth slightly open, the blonde tried not to laugh right there because he realized that once again Yixing was spacing out, he didn’t even notice Lu Han was there.

 

The elder stood there for more seconds staring at his friend with a huge smile, showing his teeth, he saw Yixing spacing out millions of times but everytime he sees it amuses him so much he can’t help but smile, he actually finds the younger cute when he has a lost face, he just want to pinch his cheeks or something, “so cute” he thought.

 

Lu Han took a look at the large couch where Yixing was sitting, the main dancer was next to one of the armrest, leaving plenty of space for the blonde to sit or maybe lay down, and he chose the last one. He wanted to surprise the younger, see his reaction. Slowly, trying not to do anything that could make the other comeback to reality, he laid down next to him, lifting his knees a little because his body didn’t fix entirely on the couch, and just as his head touched his friend’s lap, the latter woke up from his transition. Yixing widened his eyes before blinking several times and frowned a little at the TV.

 

“Can’t sleep?” Lu Han asked from his lap. The younger’s eyes moved from the TV to the place where the voice came. His eyes widened again when he saw Lu Han smiling at him.

 

“Where did you come from?” Yixing had his surprise face mixed with his lost face according to the blonde, who at the moment was fighting against the need of pinching both of the younger’s cheeks because of how cute he was being.

 

“This is a dream Yixing” He decided to tease his friend just because. “You are dreaming right now…with me” He sent a wink to the other, a grin on his face, he was having so much fun, seeing Yixing staring at him blankly with no reaction was pure gold, he assumed that the words he just said were being slowly processed in Yixing’s mind.

 

“What?” The main dancer asked still processing Lu Han’s words.

 

A chuckled escape from the blonde’s mouth, he was about to laugh when he felt a hand all over his face, tapping here and there, his forehead, cheeks, nose, even his ears. “What are you doing?” He asked smiling, he had to close his eyes for moments because his friend keep feeling his face. Yixing’s hand finally stopped moving, staying on the elder’s cheek, his thumb over the corner of his lips.

 

“You are real” The younger said as if he just discovered something, leaning close to the blonde’s face and moving his thumb over his lips brushing it softly. The smile on Lu Han’s face disappeared the moment Yixing’s thumb started moving, he just froze right there, that simple touch sent shivers down his spine and he could feel the heat in his cheeks, he couldn’t quite understand why he was reacting like that, it was only Yixing, his best friend. He tried to stay calm but the distance between their faces was short, he could feel the younger’s breath warm against his face and the fact that Yixing kept staring at his lips wasn’t helping at all. He suddenly felt the urge to kiss the other’s thumb that was still over his lips, “what the hell” he cursed at himself mentally trying to suppress those weird thoughts…and feelings, yes, feelings, because he was strating to feel things he wasn’t supposed to.

 

He lift up his hand removing the younger’s one from his face a little against his will because he was actually enjoying the contact “wait…what??” he shook his head and frowned at his own thoughts, “what the is happening to me??” he hissed mentally.

 

“You are real” Yixing repeated and once again his hands were on the other’s cheeks, playfully pulling them in different ways, though he still had the blank look on his face.

 

“Of course I am real!” Lu Han said taking Yixing’s wrists and throwing his hands off from his face, he was just regaining himself from the last “touch” and the younger was all over him again, well, this time a little more violent. He found himself smiling stupidly at the whole situation.

 

Yixing sighed and rested his head back on the couch. “So you can't sleep either right?” He asked closing his eyes.

 

“Nope” Lu Han responded, then his eyes went wide with surprise as he looked up at his friend. “Wait...you are not in your little trance anymore?”

 

A smile appeared on the younger’s face almost like a smirk, he opened his eyes and met the blonde’s ones. 

 

“I wasn’t spacing out since long time ago” A full smirk was plastered in his face. Lu Han’s mouth hang open and a deep frown made his way on his face. 

 

“He wasn’t spacing out since long time ago? What’s that supposed to mean?? Was he "awake" when he was eerr...staring...at my...” Lu Han felt his cheeks getting red when the image of what happened appeared in his mind, an unexpected slap snapped him out to reality.

 

“You should close your mouth, something might get in there” Yixing said, the smirk still on his face. 

 

Lu Han glared at him, his hand covering his slapped cheek. “You didn’t have to slap me” he hit Yixing’s arm with a fist.

 

“Ouch, calm down Lulu, it wasn’t even a hard slap-ouch!” Lu Han hit him again.

 

“Ok, ok, next time I’m going to caress your cheek then”.

 

Lu Han flushed, but he managed to glare again at the other.

 

“What?” He asked smiling. “Ouch!” Lu Han attacked his arm again, this time with more strength.

 

“What is going on with you?” Yixing whined while rubbing his poor arm. “You seriously need to sleep, you are getting violent”.

 

“When did you stop spacing out? Lu Han asked directly ignoring the younger’s comments, he needed to know, know if Yixing was in all his senses when he stared at his lips, come on, he even touched his lips, it was a big deal for Lu Han, of course they would sometimes send flying kisses to each other but it was all for fun, this was different. They weren’t playing, well, maybe Lu Han was because he wanted to tease his friend when the latter was supposedly "spacing out", and Yixing looked like he was about to kissed him any minute from the way he stared at his lips, and that made the him feel things, weird things, a part of him was actually anticipating the kiss, he wanted to feel the younger’s lips on his just for a moment, he was a little curious or maybe it was something else, but he would never admitted it to the other, never. 

 

“What?” Yixing looked confused almost nervous at the sudden question. 

 

“Answer the question”

 

“Repeat the question”

 

Lu Han rolled his eyes and sighed. ”When did you stop spacing out?”

 

“Does it matter?”

 

“Answer the question”

 

“Why are you asking that? “

 

“Yixing...”

 

“You’d never asked that before”

 

“Yixing” Luhan sighed again, his patience hanging by a thread. 

 

“Why can’t you sleep?”

 

“What?”

 

“Answer the question”

 

“I asked you first!”

 

“Why can't you sleep?”

 

“Yixing” Lu Han brought his hands to his face in frustration.

 

“If you don’t answer my question I won’t answer your question”

 

“What?”

 

“Answer the question”

 

“Ugh!” The blonde growled, his patience was long gone, he couldn’t understand why the younger was acting like that. He sat up leaving Yixing’s lap, a deep long sigh made his way out of his mouth. 

 

“Goodnight Yixing” He had enough of the younger avoiding the question, and it was a simple question, why he couldn’t just answer it. His legs started moving to leave the couch but he couldn't even put a foot on the floor as two arms wrapped themselves around his waist, he flinched at the contact, why?, he didn’t know, he usually doesn’t feel anything when Yixing is in "skinship-mode", but right now everything the younger does seems to affect him, and not in a normal-just friends way. Yixing hugged him tightly pressing his cheek against his back, shivers filled Lu Han’s body, he just couldn't understand what was happening to him, oh yep, he remembered now, the "let’s touch Lu Han's lips and stare deeply at them because that is just normal" thing, yep, all these weird feelings started from there.  

 

“Stay here Lulu, sleep on my lap” Yixing blurted out, he almost sounded pleading.   

 

Lu Han stayed in silence, he couldn't even move from all the feelings roaming his body, and just hearing his name from the younger’s mouth made him blush, he felt like some school girl, he wanted to slap himself with no end. This couldn't be happening to him, not with Yixing from all people, he was his best friend not some random girl or something.

 

“I wasn’t going to kiss you” The main dancer calmly confessed. The elder’s eyes widened almost falling from his face and before he could even protest his friend pulled him down on his lap again.

 

“I'm sorry” Yixing said looking down, one of his arm rested on Lu Han’s stomach as if preventing him from running away. 

 

Lu Han kept looking at the person above him, he was literally making a hole in the other’s face, he just couldn't believe his ears. Yixing was "awake" when he did it. He flinched for the second time when the younger’s thumb started caressing lightly his stomach through his shirt, he could feel the heat on his cheeks but he tried to control himself.

 

“Stop looking at me like that” The main dancer said meeting the wide eyes of Lu Han.“I told you I’m sorry”.

 

Lu Han pointed at him with his point finger. “Why did you do it?”

 

“I just did it to play with you, I knew you wanted to troll me because I was spacing out so I decided to do the same...stop pointing at me” He slapped the elder’s finger. 

 

“The same??” Lu Han frowned. “I only said you were dreaming but you...you almost kiss me what the Yixing!”

 

“And you should have seen your face” The main dancer started laughing.

 

Lu Han looked up at him in disbelief, Yixing was laughing at him, what the hell?!, did he do all that just to make fun of him??, it wasn’t funny at all, he literally felt violated, well, the younger didn’t actually kiss him but still, his personal space, his personal air and breath were violated.

 

“Shut up Yixing!! It’s not funny!! Stop laughing!!” He started hitting the other on the arm nonstop, if it was possible he wanted to break his arm, he was so pissed, the temperature on his face rising every second.

 

Yixing didn't pay attention to him, he was having fun, he knew he was being mean but he couldn't help it, Lu Han was so cute when he was all angry and embarrassed. He easily stopped Lu Han's attacks by grabbing his wrist and then leaned down pressing their foreheads together, he couldn’t erase the huge grin on his face. 

 

“What the hell are you doing??” Lu Han shut his eyes, he was about to explode, he felt super embarrassed, he wanted to disappear, fly to another planet, another galaxy, he knew his face was pure red and he kept blushing making it redder if that was even possible. 

 

“You are so cute Lulu” Yixing started rubbing their foreheads together playfully, smiling all the time with his eyes closed. 

 

Lu Han was on the verge of collapsing by now, he couldn’t take it anymore, he used all the strength he had and pushed the younger off of him, he just wanted to go to his room and buried himself under the covers and forget all of this ever happened. He shouldn’t have come here in the first place, he should have gone straight to the damn kitchen and drink the damn milk.

 

Unfortunately luck was not on his side, as soon as he tried to escape the main dancer stopped him, his arms around his waist once again. He sighed running a hand through his hair, it seemed like all this wasn’t going to end. 

 

“Let me go Yixing, I have to dig your grave” He stated coldly despite feeling completely the opposite, the heat was forever traveling around his body because of Yixing’s closeness and actions. 

 

“I'll find a fork and stab it in your stomach while you sleep” He threatened again but forgot everything in a second when the younger started rocking him pulling him closer to him, he closed his eyes, oh no, he couldn’t enjoy this, he was mad, well, he was supposed to be mad, he snapped his eyes open. 

 

“Yixing. Let. Me. Go” He tried again. 

 

“I'm sorry Lu Han I won’t laugh at you again I promise”

 

The blonde sighed again, he was sighing a lot, and he was liking more and more when the younger said his name.“What is wrong with me?” he smacked his forehead. Yixing pulled him down on his lap once again, the arm on his stomach was there again as well. 

 

“I'm sorry, don’t be mad anymore please” The younger looked down at him biting his lower lip, he looked like a lost cute little bunny, and Lu Han can't resist that, he couldn’t be mad at Yixing for too long, he just couldn't. 

 

“Fine, but with one condition” He declared. 

 

“Anything” The main dancer said, determination in his voice and eyes. 

 

“Good. Sing something”

 

“What? why?”

 

“I need to sleep”

 

“You want me to sing you a lullaby?”

 

“It doesn’t matter, I’m sure that whatever you sing will make me sleep”

 

“Are you saying my voice is boring?”

 

 “Of course not, your voice is…soft and sweet...calm, I don’t know, I like it very much” The elder replied with a sincere smile, he looked up at his friend and noticed the flush on his cheeks.

 

“Is that a blush I’m seeing Zhang Yixing? A smile full of revenge almost creepy appeared on Lu Han’s face, yes, he couldn't help it, he wanted to tease the other, he deserved it after all, he made him suffered with no end because of his damn blushed cheeks and embarrassment, so now he was going to make the younger paid for it, at least a little. 

 

“No it’s not” Yixing was looking anywhere but Lu Han.

 

“Of course it is, aren’t you cute Xing Xing” The elder lift his hand and poke the other's cheek laughing a little. “Cute~ cute~” He saw Yixing rolling his eyes and blushing more, oh sweet revenge. 

 

“Stop it Lu Han or I won’t sing” The main dancer slapped the blonde’s hand finally looking at him. 

 

“If you don’t sing I’ll be mad at you for a year” Lu Han stuck out his tongue at him then crossed his arms over his chest. 

 

Yixing chuckled and shook his head. “Ok then I’ll sing”.

 

“Go ahead” Lu Han motioned him with his hand to begin. 

 

The younger started to sing and as soon as he did it the elder snorted. 

 

“Excuse me?” Yixing raised a questioning eyebrow to his friend. 

 

“What was that?” Lu Han asked between laugher.

 

“Happy Camp’s song?” (*)

 

“I know, but why are you singing that?” the blonde was still laughing.

 

“You told me to sing anything!” Yixing retorted, confusion written all over his face.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t know, something from a random artist, not a show’s song”

 

The main dancer rolled his eyes. “You are unbelievable, just pick a song and I’ll sing it”

 

“You know more songs than I do”

 

Yixing chuckled, the other members were right about them, he and Lu Han always quarrel for stupid and childish things, they always quarrel until one of them give up or apologize, and they were noisy too, the others always left them alone as soon as they start arguing, it seems that they can’t stand them. Yixing didn’t mind, he likes his relationship with Lu Han, he likes the way they are with each other.

 

“Close your eyes” he ordered.

 

“Why?” Lu Han looked at him suspiciously.

 

The main dancer rolled his eyes. “Just close your eyes Lu Han”

 

“You’re not going to attack my lips?”

 

“What? Of course not…”

 

“Ok”

 

“Not when you are awake”

 

Lu Han glared furiously at him, he could almost see laser beams coming from his eyes.

 

“I’m kidding ahaha I won’t do anything” Yixing assured him.

 

“You better not” the elder warned him before closing his eyes.

 

Yixing noticed Lu Han had both his hands over his chest, fingers intertwined, and now his eyes were closed. He looked like some dead person inside a coffin, he laughed mentally. He realized the TV was still on, taking the remote control that was laying on the armrest next to him he turned it off. The only source of light now was the one coming from the entrance of the dorm which wasn’t too far from where they were. He took a deep breath, finally getting serious, he decided to sing a random love song. He closed his eyes and began.

 

 

(*) Happy Camp's song if someone doesn't know it XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8jnlgFRgxc