Do I Hear Complaints Ms. Park?

I'm Your Cup of Coffee

"I don't care about Dara, having with her is boring and isn't entertaining."

The morning alarm clock rings, echoing against the walls of the bedroom. Dara lifts up from beneath her bed sheets and rubs her eyes. Jiyong's hurtful words repeat themselves again.
 
"I don't care about Dara, having with her is boring and isn't entertaining."
 
Dara holds back tears as she prepares herself for class.
 
"Chaerin, why is your shirt stained with coffee?" asks Mrs. Lee from downstairs, shaking her head at the stained shirt.
 
"Some coffee spilled." replies Chaerin, slipping into her jeans.
 
"Some coffee spilled huh?" asks Mrs. Lee with suspicion, "Thought you already know how to hold a coffee pitcher correctly."
 
"Mom, someone spilled their coffee and it spilled on me okay?" groans Chaerin as she gathers her textbooks into her bag.
 
"Fine Chaerin." sighs Mrs. Lee, "But next time please be carefull. Getting rid of coffee stains isn't as easy as you think."
 
"Okay Mom." says Chaerin, the door shutting closed behind her.
 

"Everybody, settle down and find your seats please." orders the professor.

 
Everybody sits down, taking out their textbooks and writing utensils.
 
"Thank you for your cooperation." says the professor, smiling, "I am assigning all of you an assignment which will be due next week."
 
Everybody groans, rolling their eyes but the professor ignores them.
 
"You will all be assigned with a partner which I will choose myself. I don't want to hear any of your complaints." says the professor, walking across the room, partnering up students and lining them against the back wall, "Lindsay and Barry, Jason and Matt. . ." trails the professor as he approaches Dara and Chaerin. He eyes them and looks over at Jiyong who is flirting with one of his students. "Jiyong, please act responsibly. You're in my class and I absolutely do not tolerate imbeciles. Jiyong, I want you to partner up with Dara and Chaerin you may partner up with Minzy."
 
"B-but professor, I can't be with Jiyong." protests Dara, grabbing her professor's shirt sleeve.
 
The professor tugs away his shirt sleeve and looks at Dara. "Ms. Park, don't you remember what I've said earlier? I repeat, I don't want to hear any of your complaints. Five points taken away from your project grade."
 
"W-what?" says Dara, flustered.
 
"Do I hear another complaint Ms. Park? Would you like another five points taken away from your project grade?" says the professor, challenging Dara.
 
"N-no professor." says Dara, shaking her head.
 
"Good Ms. Park." says the professor, looking at the other students, "Everyone may begin working on their assignment."
 
The professor walks back to his desk at the front as soft murmurs are exchanged.
 
"You hear that Dara?" scoffs Jiyong, smirking, "I'm your partner for this assignment."
 
"I know that Jiyong, I don't need to hear it again." replies Dara, frustrated.
 
"Aren't you supposed to be happy? I bet you've been ually deprived ever since we've broken up." smirks Jiyong.
 
"I don't give a Jiyong and no I am not happy nor ually deprived." glares Dara, returning to her textbook.
 
"Ah, I see. You don't want to admit it." chuckles Jiyong.
 
"Jiyong you're ing irritating." says Dara.
 
"You-" starts Jiyong only to be cut off by the professor.
 
"Okay students, I expect your projects to be turned in by next week. You may head to your next course." nods the professor.
 
"We're still partners Dara." says Jiyong, lifting his bag over his shoulder.
 
"Whatever Jiyong." frowns Dara, picking up her textbook.
 
Jiyong walks out the door, shoving through some students. Dara shakes her head, still trying to process the fact that she has to work on a week long assignment with her ex-boyfriend Jiyong. She rushes out the door, knocking a girl to the floor.
 
"I am so sorry." says Dara, picking up the textbooks that fell and placing them into the other girl's hands. She looks up and sees that familiar smile.
 
"No problem Dara." smiles Chaerin, stuffing her textbooks into her bag.
 
"Hello Chaerin," smiles Dara, "You seem to be at a good position right now."
 
"Huh?" asks Chaerin, tilting her head.
 
"You and Minzy being partners." hints Dara.
 
"Oh yeah, yeah I guess I'm doing good." says Chaerin, rubbing the back of her neck, "You're partnered with Jiyong huh?"
 
"Yeah. . ." trails Dara, looking away.
 
"Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean it." says Chaerin trying to capture Dara's gaze.
 
"It's fine, it's only for a week." says Dara.
 
"You want to come over some time?" asks Chaerin.
 
"Sure." replies Dara with a smile.
 

"Jiyong can you please cooperate with me here?" groans Dara, looking at Jiyong who has fallen asleep.

"Huh?" says Jiyong, dazed from sleep.
 
"Jiyong, do you want a low grade?" says Dara, shaking his shoulders.
 
"I don't give a ." replies Jiyong before resting his head on his textbook.
 
Dara yanks him back up. "Well I give a . So help me with this project."
 
"Well, here's my textbook." says Jiyong, dropping his textbook in front of Dara.
 
Dara pushes the textbook aside. "I mean actually helping me."
 
"You do know that I hate doing work right?" says Jiyong, checking his reflection on his phone screen.
 
"We can't afford you not cooperating. It's really not that difficult." says Dara.
 
Jiyong slings his bag over his shoulder. "I'm going to Youngbae's."
 
"Jiyong-" starts Dara but stops as she sees that Jiyong is already down the street.
 
Dara sighs and presses several numbers on her phone keypad before clicking the call button.
 
"Hello?" answers a female voice.
 
"Chaerin can you come over?" asks Dara.
 
"Sure, I'm coming over." replies Chaerin before hanging up.
 

"I really appreciate you coming over." smiles Dara.

"I don't mind." smiles Chaerin. "Hey I saw Jiyong several blocks from your house."
 
"Yeah, he left me alone with our project." says Dara, shaking her head.
 
"Oh. . ." trails Chaerin, unsure of what to say next, "So why do you need me here for?"
 
"Can you help me with my project? If you don't mind of course."
 
"Of course I don't mind. Minzy and I are already done with ours."
 
"Okay, let me log into my laptop first."
 

Dara closes her laptop and turns to Chaerin with a wide smile. "Thanks so much for helping me with my project Chae!" squeals Dara, throwing herself on top of Chaerin.

Chaerin smiles and realizes that she is underneath Dara. She can feel Dara's body pressed against hers. Can feel Dara breathing against her face. Her heart begins to race at a fast pace and the air between them is suffocating. She looks into the other girl's eyes, a glazed look in them. She places a strand of Dara's hair behind her ear and leans in, capturing Dara's lips in a searing kiss. Dara kisses back, a soft moan muffled into the kiss, her hand pressed against Chaerin's abdomen. Chaerin wraps her arm around Dara's neck, bringing her closer to her. Dara parts her lips slightly, letting Chaerin's tongue slip inside. Their tongues touch and rub against each other leaving a thin line of saliva when Dara slowly pulls away.
 
"Chaerin," asks Dara quietly, "do you love me?"
 
"Of course I do, isn't that obvious?" laughs Chaerin, inching closer to her.
 
"I love you too." says Dara, her lips barely brushing against Chaerin's.
 
Chaerin grins and pushes Dara away lightly. "Lets do this somewhere private okay?"
 

A/N: Any comments neh? Should a ChaeRa moment spark in the next chapter? ;)