Damn Jiyong

I'm Your Cup of Coffee

Chaerin taps her fingers on the smooth surface of the counter. She has served a total of twenty two customers and not one single one of them was Dara. Chaerin sighs as the remaining customers in the coffee shop collect themselves and leave as she grabs the spray bottle and rag. She proceeds to wipe the table, tossing the empty coffee cups into the trash bin. A burst of cool air enters into the shop making her shiver. She looks up and sees that the door has opened. Two figures walk inside, studying the interior of the shop, both stopping in their tracks to stare at her.

"Hello, Chaerin." smiles Dara warmly, waving her hand.
 
"Hello, Dara," smiles Chaerin, then looking at a bitter Bom, "and hello to you too Bom."
 
"Hello, Charlotte." says Bom bitterly.
 
"My name is actually Chaerin. . ." corrects Chaerin.
 
"Hello, Chaerin. Happy now?" says Bom, glaring and throwing a fake smile.
 
Chaerin ignores Bom. "So what would you guys like to order? Two more lattes?"
 
"Yes, two lattes please." says Dara, winking at Chaerin making Bom roll her eyes in disgust.
 
Chaerin sets the spray bottle and rag on the table before heading back behind the counter. As she makes the lattes she can't help but listen to Dara and Bom's conversation.
 
"Bom, she's incredibly friendly. Why do you dislike her so much?" Dara reasons with Bom.
 
"She crashed my party." mutters Bom, crossing her arms and looking away.
 
"You're really going to hold a grudge because she crashed your party? She didn't even do anything wrong." Dara says, shaking her head.
 
"Fine, it's not that. You wouldn't understand if I told you the truth." Bom says, her cheeks turning bright red.
 
"You like her?" asks Dara quietly.
 
"What? No, Dara!" Bom blurts out, her face turning even more red.
 
"Then what Bommie? Hmm?" asks Dara, twirling a finger in her dark long locks.
 
"I saw Chaerin hanging out with Seunghyun." murmurs Bom, looking down, blushing.
 
"Ah, Bom. You like Seunghyun. Your jealousy got the best of you huh?" teases Dara, chuckling softly.
 
"Dara, it's not funny. I really like Seunghyun, like you liking Chaerin so much." says Bom, now it was her turn to laugh.
 
Dara blushes, her face turning into a deep shade of pink. She glances at Chaerin who pretends to be focused on making the lattes when she herself looks at Dara from the corners of her eyes.
 
"Aish, Bom why did you say my secret out loud." mutters Dara.
 
"Did you see Chaerin's face? She was blushing too, and she was looking at you." says Bom.
 
"Sure." says Dara, rolling her eyes playfully.
 
Chaerin feels all warm and fuzzy inside as she replays the words that Bom said.
 
". . .like you liking Chaerin so much."
 
Chaerin decides to keep the ball rolling by writing her cell phone number on Dara's coffee cup. From the corner of her eye she sees Bom and Dara have seated themselves at a table.
 
"Here are your lattes." says Chaerin, smiling, placing both lattes in front of them before going back to cleaning the table.
 
"This is yours." says Bom, pushing the latte with the number scrawled on the cup towards Dara who glances at Chaerin before blushing again.
 
"You have beautiful hand writing." compliments Dara, smiling at Chaerin making her blush.
 
Chaerin smiles to herself, wiping the table with the rag, creating fantasies in the crazy imagination of hers. Dara and Bom continue to talk when the last thing Chaerin wanted to happen was Jiyong appearing. Jiyong walks past the shop but walks backward, recognizing Chaerin and enters. He shakes his head when he studies the shop and looks at Dara and Bom who turn silent.
 
"Hello baby and hello Bom." smirks Jiyong at Dara and scanning Bom's body.
 
"Don't call me baby Jiyong and stop staring at Bom's body. You're making the both of us uncomfortable." Dara says, irritated.
 
"Dara, why can't you accept the fact that you still have feelings for me?" laughs Jiyong, pulling a chair and seating at their table.
 
"Jiyong, why can't you accept the fact that I don't have feelings for you?" Dara imitates Jiyong, changing some words to match her position.
 
Jiyong smirks and turns to Bom who looks uneasy. "Hello, babe. You haven't introduced yourself to me yet."
 
"You know me Jiyong. You went to my party last week." Bom replies coolly, frowning.
 
"Oh, I know you alright. But you haven't introduced me to your y body. Why don't you your shirt and introduce me to your s." says Jiyong, leaning closer to Bom making her uncomfortable.
 
"Aish, stay away from me Jiyong, please." says Bom, zipping her jacket but Jiyong swats her hand away.
 
"No," says Jiyong, pulling the zipper down, "we're going to not zip."
 
"Jiyong stop! You're such a damn ! Let go of her zipper." screams Dara, prying Jiyong's hands off of Bom's zipper.
 
"Hey, I can do whatever I want and what I want is for your friend to show me her s." says Jiyong, glaring before starting on Bom's shirt buttons.
 
"Jiyong, leave my coffee shop." says Chaerin, surprising everyone.
 
Jiyong spins his seat to get a better look at Chaerin. "Jiyong, leave my coffee shop." Jiyong repeats in a high pitched voice, "I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon babe but thanks for trying."
 
Chaerin is flushed but continues to snap back. "There is no loitering here Jiyong. Neither touching and forcing of ing. Either order something or get your out of here."
 
Jiyong looks back at Chaerin, smirking, challenging. "I'd like to order something."
 
"What would you like." mutters Chaerin, frowning.
 
"A coffee." replies Jiyong, coolly, keeping eye contact.
 
"Just a plain, black one?" asks Chaerin, surprised because black coffees aren't popular at the shop.
 
"Yes, just a plain, black one." says Jiyong, walking up to the counter.
 
Chaerin shakes her head and pours black coffee into a cup, while studying Jiyong who fishes for money in his pocket.
 
"Here." says Jiyong, smacking several bills into her hand.
 
"Here's your coff-" Chaerin starts, passing the cup to him, only to be interrupted when Jiyong pulls his hand away making the cup drop to the counter, spraying coffee. Chaerin is flushed and her hands curl into fists.
 
"What the hell was that?" yells Chaerin, fuming.
 
"It was coffee spilling on your counter and shirt." says Jiyong, dipping his finger into the coffee puddle on the counter and it, "Tastes bitter like your attitude."
 
Chaerin stares at Jiyong in disbelief, agape, as he exits the shop with a coffee stained shirt and a smirk etched on his face. Bom hastily buttons her shirt back up and zips her jacket up to her chin while Dara walks up to the counter.
 
"I am so sorry about Jiyong." Dara apologizes, looking down, obviously guilty.
 
Chaerin lifts Dara's chin with her finger, "Don't be hard on yourself. It wasn't your fault."
 
"B-but Chaerin, he stained your clothes." protests Dara.
 
"It's okay, I'll get it washed." assures Chaerin.
 
"Let me help you with the mess." says Dara, taking one of the napkins and starting to wipe.
 
"It's fine, Dara. I can do it." says Chaerin, looking at Dara which felt like minutes but in reality were seconds.
 
"Dara, we should get going. We need to head back to campus." says Bom, approaching them.
 
"See you Chaerin." says Dara, waving her hand goodbye.
 
"Bye, Dara." waves Chaerin, smiling until they were out of view.
 
"Damn, Jiyong that ." groans Chaerin in frustration as she takes a napkin and starts to wipe at the counter.