The First Time We...

The Vow

Tiffany’s POV

“Are you ready to go?” Taeyeon asked me.

I nodded.

I’m leaving the hospital today. After so much time in those four white walls (much of that time spend asleep) I’m finally leaving. The outside seems almost like a mirage. I could see it every day from my window but I couldn’t reach it. Until now.

I’m going to stay at Taeyeon’s house… my house.

It’s all so strange. I’m going to be living with a girl that I barely know and that in my mind is a stranger but that in reality (or in what I think is reality because this all still seems like a dream), is my wife.

I still can’t wrap my head around that idea. I said it so many times in my head but it all still seems so surreal. I have a wife. I married someone.

I still don’t know what happened with Yuri, I guess I don’t have the guts to ask Taeyeon about it.

After signing some papers I am finally free to leave.

The first steps on the outside are like heaven. I could feel the sunrays and the wind blowing on my face. How I miss it.

I smiled.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah” I said directing my smile to her.

Her skin is really pale like it hadn’t seen the sun in a while, maybe it hadn’t. She probably didn’t left my side since I was here.

“Thank you”

A small frown appeared on her face. “For what?”

“For being there for me” I answered, not straying my gaze from hers. “For not leaving my side”

She seemed like she didn’t know exactly what to say. She looked at me. “It’s the least I could do.” Because you’re my wife. She didn’t say it out loud but I could see that, at least in her mind, she wanted to.

Taeyeon never pushed me. She always said for me to take it slowly and my memories will come again, that it only needs time. But I often think What if it doesn’t? What if I never remember again? What will happen? To me? To us?

I must admit, Taeyeon is a really nice person and I sort of understand what attracted me to her.

We approached a car.

                                                          

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I saw the logo. Wings with Aston Martin written on the middle. Aston Martin?

“Isn’t that from James Bond?” I unconsciously said out loud.

“Well …yes” she answered smiling. “When I was little I wanted to be a spy.”

She formed a gun with her fingers and started to act like she was following someone, using the car as a cover. I tried to stifle my laugh.

She’s such a dork.

 She approached the passenger’s door and opened it.

“Mademoiselle” she said giving me her hand to help me enter the car.

“Why, thank you” I said accepting her hand.


We travelled for about 10 minutes and in that 10 minutes I didn’t stopped looking at Taeyeon.

I studied her.

Is what I’m use to do. I stare at her, trying to remember her. Trying to see if something in her can spark some kind of memory.

“You’re staring” she said not taking her eyes of the road.

Instead of diverting my gaze like I did in the hospital each time she caught me staring, I asked “Does it bother you?”

“Not anymore. I got use to it.” She glanced at me. “You use to do it all the time”

I shifted my gaze to my lap and for some minutes the drive was silent.

“I’m going to be living with you, but before I do that I want to know more about you” I stated returning my gaze to her profile.

She didn’t answer for a few seconds.

“You can ask me anything” she finally said.

“Ok…” what should I ask first?

I tap my finger to my chin in thought. How long have we been together? How long are we married? Do we have kids? What does she do for a living?

A few seconds of contemplation I decided to that it was best to start from the beginning.

“How did we met?”

Moments later I felt the car pull over on the side of the road. She stopped the car but stayed with her hands on the steering wheel looking forward.

A smile started to form on her face.

“I first saw you on an airport. I was flying from Los Angeles to Seoul and I was running late to my flight. I was running at full speed when I bumped into someone.”

“Was it me?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

Taeyeon let out a laugh. It seems like she didn’t change that much, always interrupting my stories.

“I swear sometimes you look like a kid” Taeyeon said teasingly.

Tiffany huffed and crossed her arms in front of her chest in fake annoyance “Look who’s talking, dork.”

Taeyeon laughed causing Tiffany joined her.

Only a few moments later could we regain some sort of composure and Taeyeon continued with her story.

“I bumped into Sunny. She was so mad because by bumping into her a caused her coffee to spill all over her shirt, so she started to scream at me in the middle of the airport.”

Taeyeon let out a laugh. “I was so scared that all I could think was to apologize repeatedly and bow. After bowing, when I straitened myself I saw another person next to Sunny.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany. “And that was you. You looked so confuse and so… beautiful. That was the first time I saw you, but we didn’t talk or introduced ourselves that time.”

Tiffany frowned. “Wae?”

“I was late to my flight. So I just bow and apologize a last time and run off to catch the plane.” Taeyeon answered.

“When did we meet again?”

Taeyeon got a faraway look on her face and a smile return unconsciously to her face.

“We only meet again a few weeks later.” 

Flashback (3rd person POV)

Pabo Taeyeon.

It had passed a month after her run in against the furious blonde woman and a month since she saw the mysterious woman, the same mysterious woman that had such an impact on Taeyeon to the point of affecting her dreams.

Pabo. You don’t anything about her why can’t you just forget her. Taeyeon thought.

You only saw her for a minute… but the way that she smiled. That eye-smile.

“Taeyeon” a voice invaded her daydreaming waking her from her musing.

“What?” snapped Taeyeon, irritated by the interruption.

“Whoa, calm down will you” the other girl said putting her hands in the air in surrender.

“Sorry. It’s just… I don’t even know”

“You have been weird lately. Is something wrong?” Sooyoung asked putting a comforting hand on Taeyeon’s arm.

They were on one of the agency’s parties, one that Taeyeon always refused to attend but this time was forced to go because Sooyoung had dragged her.  

Taeyeon was one of the most successful singers of the agency, while Sooyoung was one of the choreographers. They had known each other almost since birth.

A minute later Taeyeon broke the silence that had enveloped them after Sooyoung’s question.

“I think I’m going crazy” she stated, looking at her friend’s eyes.

“What?”

Blowing a puff of air, Taeyeon started to tell her best friend what had occupied her mind. “I met a girl a month ago” she said “I mean I saw a girl a month ago” she backtracked.

“You saw a girl a month ago?”Sooyoung asked skeptically.

“Yes”

Sooyoung went closer to Taeyeon and whispered on her ear “I think I’m going crazy too… because I see girls everyday” and burst out laughing.

Hearing this Taeyeon smacked the laughing girl in the back of the head, action that had little impact on her, making the smaller girl sulk.

“Jerk” mumbled Taeyeon.

A few moments later, the laughing subsided into a few giggles from time to time.

“I’m sorry” giggle “I’m sorry”

Taeyeon sighed.

“I only saw her once for a minute but she had been invading my dreams” she said in a small voice causing her friend to almost miss it.

“Did you talk to her?” Sooyoung asked excited.

Huffing Taeyeon answered. “No”

“Why?”

“I was late to my flight”

Hearing her friend’s reason, Sooyoung hit her on the back of the head making Taeyeon to lose her grip on the glass of sujo that she had on her hand, spilling all its contents on the bar and on herself.

“What was that for?” Taeyeon asked outraged since she still had to perform in front of all of the company’s employees and now her dress was ruined.

“One: that was a lame excuse; you surely had another plane if you had lost that one. Second: you will, probably, never see her again. And third: you’re a PABO.” Sooyoung reasoned, still sited on the bar stool like nothing had happened.

“You ruined my dress. I have to perform in like…20 minutes” Taeyeon almost yelled.

“Relax; I got a dress on my car. I pick it up from the dry cleaning before picking you up” Sooyoung stated calmly, throwing the car keys at Taeyeon.

“If Jessica comes looking for me, tell her I’ll be right back.” And with that she left her friend on the bar and run to the exit.

Once at the door, Taeyeon hurriedly made her way to the parking lot not really paying attention to the path that she was taking. A few steps into the parking lot, she felt herself hitting something.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t…” she started to apologize but soon her words got caught in as she saw the person that she bumped into.

“I see you’re still in a rush” said the other girl, an amused smile on her face.

It’s her...

I thought I was never going to see her again but she’s…here.

Speechless Taeyeon stayed looking at the other girl.

 “Hello?” the girl said waving her hand in front of Taeyeon’s eyes, trying to wake her from her state.

Speak your idiot.

“I’m… I’m sorry”

The other girl smiled showing her eye smile that instantly made Taeyeon melt.

“It’s ok, and I see you have bumped into someone else besides me” she said mentioning Taeyeon’s ruined dress.

Taeyeon looked down to her dress, seeing the stain that had ruined it; she remembered what she had come to the parking lot to do.

“Oh… my friend made me spill my drink on my dress, that’s why I’m here. To change my dress”

“Ok” the other girl come closer and offered her hand “I’m Tiffany, by the way”

Accepting her hand and looking to her eyes, Taeyeon replied. “I’m Taeyeon”

And they stayed like that, holding each other’s hand, lost in each other’s eyes until a voice broke they trance.

“Taeyeon” Sooyoung shouted from the entrance of the parking lot. “You’re up in 10 minutes and Jessica is freaking out”

Not bothering to reply to her best friend, Taeyeon squeezed the hand that was holding hers for a last time and let go.

“I have to go” she said.

Tiffany accepted and started to take small steps backwards. “Then I’ll see you around” she replied, smile in place.

“Wait” Taeyeon stopped Tiffany from leaving by closing, almost completely, the space between them and holding gently the other girls arm.

“I’m going to perform in 10 minutes. If you don’t have anywhere else to go… Would you like to watch? And then… after, we could… maybe… have a drink… together” Taeyeon shyly invited.

Tiffany stayed quiet just staring at Taeyeon’s face for a few seconds, then the biggest eye smile that Taeyeon ever seen appeared on her face making the shorter girl almost faint.

“I would love that but… don’t you have to change your dress” Tiffany said.

“Oh right. Wait here I’ll change in the car.” And with that she walk away to the car that was just a few meter away, smiling like she had won the lottery.

5 minutes later, Taeyeon left the car and as she was making her way to where she left Tiffany a few minutes earlier, she couldn’t find her.

Frowning, Taeyeon started to call the girl only to be met with silence.

“Afraid that I had left” she heard as she was about to leave the parking lot.

Turning around, Taeyeon was met face a face and almost nose to nose with the girl that had been troubling her dreams ever since she first saw her.

She’s really close. So close.

“I thought you had left” Taeyeon whispered because she felt that the space between them didn’t required a louder voice.

“You took forever so I was waiting for you sitting on that bench” she explained pointing at the bench that was placed at the entrance.

Not waiting any more time, Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and lead her to the building where the party was being held with a an only “I’m late”

End of flashback.

3rd person POV

 “You bumped into me?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah” Taeyeon answered feeling a little embarrassed.

Shaking her head Tiffany said. “You are so clumsy.”

“I’m not” the shorted girl replied. “I just… had a lot on my mind… at that time”

“Like what?”

“Like…” you. Taeyeon finished on her thoughts. “I’m not clumsy; I just, sometimes don’t pay attention to where I’m going and end up bumping into people.”

 “Ok, if you say so. Moving on… when was our first kiss?”

Smiling Taeyeon turned to me and answered. “On that same night.”

“What?” Tiffany almost shouted.

That’s so not like me. Kissing a girl on the first day we met. I and Yuri took almost a month to have our first kiss. She thought

“Yeah”

“That’s so not like me” The taller girl said still shocked.

“That’s so not like me too” Taeyeon said back. “But at the time it seemed like the right thing and I guess the results show that it was”

“Results?” Tiffany asked.

“We end up married. I think that was a positive result” Taeyeon replied.

Someday I’m going to get used to that sentence. Tiffany thought