The Accident

The Vow

 

Tiffany’s POV

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

My head hurts was the first thing that I noticed when I gain consciousness.

I opened my eyes but had to close them again because of the excruciating light that invaded the room. I was lying down on an unfamiliar bed and the beeping sound was the only sound that could be heard.

I opened my eyes again and let them slowly adjust to the brightness of the room. After they adjust to the light, I looked around noticing that I was surrounded with pale white walls and that besides the bed were machines, one of which made the beeping sound.

I shifted my gaze to the white ceiling and tried to remember how I got here. I’m on a hospital. Why am I on a hospital? I tried to remember but I couldn’t.

I heard someone enter the room and looked at the door, where I saw a girl. She looked at me and stopped for a second, then quickly came closer to me and took my hand.

“Tiffany?”

 I looked at her trying to remember who she was. She had light brown hair that was tied on a messy ponytail, her face was pale and coupled with her dark eyes that were surrounded with dark circles showed how tired she was, but nonetheless she looked beautiful.

She smiled at me and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. I didn’t say anything.

“I was so scared. I thought I lost you” she whispered as she kissed my forehead.

I tried to talk but my voice didn’t come. She noticed this and hand me a cup of water that was previously placed on the table near the bed.

“Take this” she angled the straw to my mouth and helped me drink it.

My throat was really sore and when I spoke my voice came out hoarse. “Who are you?”

She frowned. “You don’t remember me?” she asked.

I shook my head.

“I’m going to call a doctor” she said and left.

A few minutes later a doctor came into the room but the girl was nowhere to be seen.

“I see you’re awake. I’m Doctor Shang, I took care of you” he introduced himself offering his hand for me to shake.

“What happen?” I asked.

“You came in last week after having a car accident. For what I know someone hit your car from behind, the force of the impact made you fly out of the windshield. You had an internal bleeding on your brain, so we had to operate to fix the traumatic injury, after it we were forced to put you in an induced coma to help decrease the swelling on your brain. Now, I’m going to need to perform some test on you, ok?” I nodded, still in shock about what had happened to me. I was in coma.

“Do you have any pain?” he asked while checking my eyes with a flashlight.

“Only in my head” I respond.

“That is normal to feel a little pain after such trauma. I’ll prescribe you some painkillers so to help you with the pain” he walked to the foot of the bed and uncovered my feet.” Can you move your toes?”

I did as he asked.

“Ok, everything seems fine down here.” he said while tacking some notes.

“Where is Yuri?” I asked.

I hadn’t seen her yet. Yuri was my fiancé, she had asked me to marry her a month ago. It surprise me that she wasn’t right beside me as I woke up.

“Who’s Yuri?” the doctor replied looking at me.

“My fiancé. Didn’t you call her?” I frowned.

“Do you know which year we are, Tiffany?” the doctor asked.

“2009” I answered.

The doctors frowned. “We have to make more tests, but it seems like you’re suffering from some memory loss.”

At that moment, the girl from before entered the room. She came to my side and asked the doctor to leave us for awhile.

“I’ll give you some time. I’ll send a nurse in an hour so we could make more test.” He nodded and left the room.

“Where’s Yuri?” I asked again after the doctor went away. Why does no one tell me where she is? I was starting to get nervous from all the secrecy.

The girl took a deep breath and sat on the chair that was near the bed, folding her hands on her lap. Her gaze was turned to her hands and her blonde hair cover around her face.

“You’re last memory is from 2009?” she asked. Her voice was soft and controlled but I could detect a certain anxiety and nervousness in it.

“Yes” I replied.

The stranger looked at me. “We are on the year 2014”

My heart stopped.

“What?” I was in shock.

 I was on an accident and lost 5 years of memories. This must be a dream… That’s it I’m dreaming and all I have to do is close my eyes and when I open them again I’m going to be on Yuri’s arms and she’s going to hold me and tell me that it was all a bad dream.

I closed my eyes… took a deep breath… and opened them again.

Nothing. This wasn’t a dream.

I looked at the girl. She was still looking at me.

“Who are you?” I asked.

She gave me a sad smile, her eyes full with tears and answered. “I’m your wife”