What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger - Yunho/Hana

The Jung Yunho New Year Drabble Fest Collection

    Secret was in a car accident after they promoted their recent song 'Talk that'. The one who was severely injured was Hana, better known by her stage name Zinger. She had to rest for approximately three to four weeks due to fractures on her ribs and a bruised lung. The other three resumed their activities as Hana was resting at their dorm. Sure, it wasn't the same without her but still, she is proud that her fellow members were still going on strong.

 

    Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard. Hana frowned a little because the girls and even the manager have the keys to the dorm. She made her way towards the door with careful steps and a little bit of hesitation. Gathering up all her courage, Hana decided to ask who it was. Well, she was alone, anything could happen. "Who is it?" she asked in a loud voice. "Hana open up, it's me" "Yunho oppa?" Hana opened the door and it was indeed Yunho.

 

    "What brings you here?" she asked as she let the guest inside and locking the door in the process. "I saw the news of your recovery and I wanted to see you before you start to perform again" Yunho smiled while taking off his coat. "So, are you excited to perform again?" he asked. "I guess. Let's see if after the accident I'll be more relevant to the public" Hana answered in a dull tone of voice. "Come on Hana, I expected you to be more excited than this. The girls can't wait to perform with you again. You were dearly missed, especially by me"

 

    "Yeah right" "What's with the sudden change of attitude?" Yunho was serious now. "Oh nothing, just all the hurtful comments that I read when I had the accident" Hana crossed her arms and turned her back to him. "Most were happy that I was the most damaged one and some were mad because I actually made it alive" "And you are upset because of that?" "Why shouldn't I be upset? I'm the least favorite and the ugliest one of the group!" Hana yelled out in pure frustration. "Hey hold up. The four of you are equally beautiful and talented. You know very well that Changmin and I don't play favorites" Yunho stood up from the couch, obviously losing his patience a little bit.

 

    "How do you do it, oppa?" Hana asked, turning around to face Yunho with her tears falling. "How do you keep going strong after all the bashing you received when the lawsuit happened? How can you be so nice despite in almost being killed? How can you keep your smile on even though you are practically dying inside sometimes?" many questions escaped from and Yunho sighed, trying to find the right answer.

 

    The brown haired man got close to the dark blonde, embracing her inside his strong arms. Hana got surprised at first but returned the hug. "I know it's not easy" he started, caressing her back soothingly. "I may not have all of those answers by words, but you had seen my actions. Hana, the best way to deal with those haters is to kill them with kindness. Holding grudges are not good for you" he broke the hug and held Hana's face, his thumbs wiping her tears away. "Look at me, nine years as a member of DBSK and despite all the things that had happened along the way, I'm still standing here. Just don't say that stuff about yourself, you have to move forward because there's nothing when you turn back" he finished, pecking her lips.

 

    Hana never felt so special before. And listening to Yunho's speech made her realize a lot of stuff. "I get it oppa. I will do my very best to move forward and make everyone proud despite of the things that might happen in the future" she smiled and took Yunho's hand, guiding him to her room. "Where are we going?" "Just a little something I've been missing for a while" and with that being said, the door was closed.