Lie Detector

SAW 14: The Mysterious Mastermind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Hanna eyed the metal collar in her hands with an attempt to put it on her own neck. Little blinking red lights were seen on the collar which was enough to make her more nervous. She slowly placed the necklace-like material near her neck when a sudden voice hindered her in doing so.

 

“Don’t do it Hanna…” Yabu exclaimed, fighting the urge to rip off the metal collar on Hanna’s hand. He tried to stand up from his seat but his own collar chained down to the Lie Detector machine stopped him from doing any more unnecessary actions. Because of this, he suffered consequences – Yabu’s collar tightened a bit even before the questions started.

 

“BAKA! Don’t move! The more you struggle, the tighter it gets!” Hanna heard herself say then put on her own collar, determined to depend her life on one guy she really cares about – Yabu Kota…

 

“As long as you answer truthfully… Everything will be okay!” Yabu heard Daiki’s voice from a distance when they were asked to step aside from the Lie Detector Machine. This time, only Yabu and Hanna are into the spot light which added to Yabu’s worry and hopelessness. He took a glance at the girl and felt the agony just by looking at her worried face.

 

 

Hanna felt her eyes quite teary as fear is now evident on her face. Her hands held the metal collar on her neck while she prays for both of their safety… “I’ll protect you. I promise…” Yabu proclaimed before hearing a loud buzz from the machine just in front of him.

 

“You better TELL the truth YABUTA or else…” Hanna managed to say which helped a bit in making the boy relaxed. Then, a click was heard.

 

 

“Round Three will start… Every lie spoken cause consequences…” the voice spoke deeply and soon enough started the question.

 

… Have you ever stolen anything?

 

“No…” Yabu quickly answered. He took a deep breath after feeling his own sweat dripping slowly from his face before the GREEN light brightly in the machine. He sighed in relief, knowing that he indeed told the truth. Another click was then heard making Yabu wonder what that is for.

 

Hanna smiled in relief and looked at the boy opposite her. She gave off a facial expression as if saying ‘you-can-do-this’ to the latter. However, their temporary joy soon ended when they heard the mysterious voice say the next question.

 

 

… Have you considered someone as important as your parents?

 

By this, Yabu thought for a while. His gaze then landed on Hanna who’s now relying her own life to him. He took a deep breath before whispering the word “Yes…” and once again the GREEN light glow, indicating the truth. The people in the room continued to cheer to every true answer Yabu gave and every time he does, a click is heard.

 

“Just a bit more Yabu-kun! GANBATTE!” Amu shouted across the room along with the cheers from Yuya, Kim, Ryosuke, Daiki and Yuki.

 

-

… Is that important someone in this room?

 

Yabu remained silent. All the people in the room waited for his answer but he decided to keep his mouth shut. This question somehow let him off guard as he doesn’t want everyone to know that that ‘someone’ is indeed with him right at this moment.

 

“No…” he lied without even thinking. Within seconds, the RED light the machine and the collar started tightening up. Yabu felt the metal slowly pinching his skin and soon enough reached his Adam’s apple. He tried speaking normally but having a bit of metal made it more difficult for him.

 

“Ughhhhh…” Yabu heard Hanna struggle in pain as her collar started tightening up as well. Without further ado, he changed his answer to a “Yes…” as he cannot bear the most important girl of his life suffer.

 

 

… What is the best thing about your life right now?

 

“Being with my friends…” Yabu then watched the RED light glow once again. His eyes widened as soon as he felt his collar tightening in a faster rate which was enough to make him struggle to breathe. He never intend to confess anything to Hanna… in fact, he has no intention in confessing to her at all. This wasn’t helpful enough to make him answer the questions honestly.

 

“YABU! ANSWER TRUTHFULLY!” Yuya and the others shouted.

 

“Being the captain of our soccer team…” he shouted in panic before feeling another tight movement from the collar. Seeing Hanna struggling to breathe didn’t help to make him relax - this even made him struggle more. By then, he answered with one thing... "Being with that someone special… being with her is the BEST thing…” he shouted and heard a soft ring from the machine that lit the GREEN light.

 

Yabu sighed quickly and tried his best to relax before hearing another click from his collar.

 

 

“Hanna-chan!!” he managed to say after seeing Hanna’s reddening face. It was obvious that just now, she was struggling to get some oxygen.

 

“You trying to kill us both? I trust you! So trust your own senses!!” Hanna managed to say while feeling a slightly relieved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter