Chapter 5

Love Is Blind

yesung-1210182.jpg

"Take a rest dear,,,you had a long day.."

You finally came back to earth the moment you heard his mother's voice.

"No problem Auntie Kim...just a couple more to go.."

You turned to the amiable lady and gave her a small smile before you continued to wash the dirty cups in the basin.

A few months passed since the last encounter and both you and Yesung were back to normal.

Normal as in you and him went back to close friends like before.

It did not bother you too much in the past, but lately, most of your friends of your age were getting hitched one by one and it finally set you thinking of your future.

You felt more than good friends for him obviously, but then, it seemed like Yesung did not feel the same way for you.

He seemed to be comfortable with the friend stage he was currently sharing with you.

*************************************************************

"Excuse me...."

You turned around when you heard an unfamiliar deep and husky voice.

You recognized the tall and charming man standing in front of you at once, as he had been coming to Mouse & Rabbit Cafe for a few days continuously.

"Yes, can I help you Sir?"

You turned off the running tap and walked up to him curiously.

If he had wanted to order a drink, he should be joining at the counter quene in front.

"Erm...I was wondering if I could get a cup of warm water from you..."

He let out a pleasant smile and requested.

"Oh....of course...hold on for a minute..."

You bowed politely and wiped your wet hands with the apron you were wearing before you poured him a glass of water.

"Here it goes..."

You passed him the glass and you stared at him oddly when he did not seem to have any intention of leaving.

"Well...I know I sounded rather imprudent here...but I would like to make friend with you if you don't mind..."

He scratched his head shyly and you noticed the faint blush on his face after he finished his sentence.

You were kinda taken aback by his sudden request and you avoided his eyes in embarrassment.

So was he trying to make a move on you now?

"Don't get me wrong...I'm not a bad guy going around asking girls like this....it's just that I find you nice and friendly and so I was hoping to make friend with you..."

He added on quickly and explained himself.

"Allow me to introduce myself...I'm Lee Dongwook....."

He bowed a little and passed you his namecard quickly.

*************************************************************

Two weeks passed and Dongwook had been coming to the cafe every night without fail.

You decided to accept his friend request as you could feel that he was not a bad guy.

And just as you had expected, he turned out to be a really nice man and you did enjoy chatting with him.

"So I will pick you up here at 7 tomorrow?"

Dongwook doubled his confirmation just before he was about to leave the cafe for the day.

You nodded and bidded him goodbye before he walked out of the door smiling happily.

"Are you going on a date with him?"

You turned around and saw Yesung's mother looking at you rather worriedly.

"No...it's not a date Auntie Kim, it's just a simple dinner..."

You quickly explained.

"Did Woon made you angry again?"

She took your hands and asked.

"Of course not...nothing like this Auntie Kim...what made you think this way?"

You quickly explained and shook your head.

"Then why are you going out with a guy? I thought you and Woon are doing fine...?"

She added on.

"We still are.....I mean we are friends...close friends..."

You stated and you started to busy yourself with the table.

"You know your relationship with Woon better than anyone else...I think it had way past beyond close friend stage isn't it?"

She said and you could feel her stare on you all this while.

"No...we have always been close friends...that's all...that's what he thinks too I guess..."

You gave her a small smile, a bitter one.

"Then are you seriously going to date the man you will be going out with?"

She probed further anxiously.

"I don't know...I might just consider if he is a good man...I mean....I'm not getting any younger...."

You replied with a heavy heart.

*************************************************************

"What are you talking about?"

You heard Yesung's voice before he popped himself down on a seat near the back counter a while later.

"Nothing....just women's stuff...and why are you being so nosey?"

You joked and gave a soft chuckle when you saw him pouting a little.

"Anyway...I'm done for the day...I'll get going now...Auntie Kim...I'm leaving..."

You announced after you removed your apron and leave it neatly on the table.

"I'll send you back..."

Yesung stood up and offered immediately.

"It's okie...you better leave some time for all your fans here....see you..."

You stated before you took your bag and left the cafe.

*************************************************************