Chapter 4

Love Is Blind

80150068339944145_ZEXe6K1g_c.jpg

You mustered up all your self-control and push his hands away from you gently.

There were no way you could talk to him further with him gazing at you and touching you like this.

Sure you were disappointed with him for what he had done, but his words knocked sense into you somehow.

You two were not a couple to begin with, and so, you were in no position to stay angry with him at all.

You shoved past him and quickly reached over to press the open button.

However, just before you could reach it, you felt a grab on your arm and he turned you to face him again,

"Look, I'm really sorry for what I have done. Forgive me girl, won't you?"

Yesung said and lifted your face to look at him.

You could feel yourself melting the moment he called your nickname he gave you once again.

He hardly call you by your name before, and he always addressed you girl, as if you were his girl.

"I'm...I'm not angry with you...so there is no need for you to apologize Yesung-shi..."

You stuttered unclearly and your eyes still refused to meet with his.

"You are still angry with me...if not....you will never call me that..."

He added on and stated seriously.

Just before you could continued, the lift gave a sudden jerk before it went pitch dark completely.

*************************************************************

"What...what happened...?"

You asked and looked around in panic.

"I guess the lift had broken down..."

You heard his deep voice before you felt him moving away in the darkness.

He started pressing on some buttons but all didn't seem to function now.

"Then....then what are we going to do?"

You added on worriedly and you were on the verge of breaking down again.

Firstly you were never a bold person to begin with and you had always been afraid of darkness since young.

And secondly, you never forget the horror story Yesung once shared with you about the legend whereby a ghost will appear to haunt you whenever a lift broke down.

"We just have to..."

Yesung's words were cut off when you hugged him suddenly after he turned around in your direction.

"Are we going to die in here, oppa?"

You asked stupidly and buried your face in his sturdy chest.

"Of course not....what made you think of that?"

He pulled you closer to him and tried to calm you down as he carassed your back gently.

"Is the ghost coming to get us now, oppa?"

You continued and shivered at the thought of something horror appearing in front of you anytime from now.

It then struck him what made you so afraid, and it was the story he made up to make fun of you previously.

"No...nothing is going to get anywhere near you....you know oppa will always protect you right?"

He gave a soft chuckle as he rested his chin above your forehead and assured you.

Somehow, he was glad to have the old you back in his arms right now.

*************************************************************

"Are you asleep, girl?"

Yesung's voice broke the silence in the darkness after a while.

He made you sit in between his legs and embraced you from behind.

"Amost....."

You stated as you nearly slipped into a slumber as you lied on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I'm really sorry for hurting you...."

He whispered as he rested his chin on your right shoulder.

The action was so intimate and you were glad that he could not see you blushing at the moment.

"You don't have to keep apologizing to me oppa...you did not do anything to me...."

You replied softly.

"Yes, I did. You deserved a thousand apologies from me. Sorry for shouting at you whenever you were trying to tell me about her. What I wanna say is I never once doubted you when you told me she is seeing someone else...I just did not want to believe it is true...and I guessed my stubborness had hurted a lot of people in the process..."

He continued.

"Then is your heart still hurting now?"

You asked in concern.

You did not know how much warmth a simple question like this filled Yesung's heart the moment he heard this.

"It used to...but not so much when I forced myself to face the reality...."

He answered and ended with a small smile.

*************************************************************

Some rumbling outside made you stood up and Yesung followed suit after a while.

It was not long before the lights inside the lift came on, and it seemed like it was working again.

The initial awkwardness seemed to occur when both of you could see each other face to face in person under the bright lights.

"Whatever I said earlier came from the bottom of my heart. I don't expect anything from you. I just hope that we can be the same like what we used to be..."

He cleared his throat and made out just before the door of the lift opened.

*************************************************************

Last chappie up next......