Friends

You're Our Beautiful Nerd

Chapter 6

 

It was time to go home but you needed to stop by to the library for a while to borrow books for your assignment, people already scurried outside the class but as usual L’s table was crowded with girls and his expression wasn’t so bright. You could see he was really annoyed and wanted them to go away, but of course they didn’t. Shaking your head in pity you put all your books inside your bag and walked outside the class, making your way to the library.

L noticed you walking outside the class and he wondered where you would go, he stood up immediately as he giving the icy glares to the girls around him to tell them not to follow him. He made his way outside and looked around when he was already in the hallway, his eyes stopped at the familiar back and he smiled when he knew it was your back. He followed you quietly and he saw you walked inside the library, his mouth curved into a small smile and walked in after you. He could saw you walking through the racks of books, he was watching you from a far and chuckled when your face turned into a small frown because you couldn’t find the books you were looking for. *Come on Kim Myungsoo, you can do it. You need to talk to her. Move your feet.* L encouraged himself inside his mind and finally approached you.

“What books are you looking for?” You turned your head and your eyes widened at the sight of the ice prince, you blinked your eyes not really sure if he really was talking to you. “And yes, I’m talking to you, Jaehee. If you don’t mind I call you that, I’m Myungsoo by the way. Kim Myungsoo.”

“A-Ah yeah, annyeong haseyo Myungsoo-ssi.” You bowed in 90 degrees made him laughed at your cuteness.

“Don’t need to bow and you can call me Myungsoo if you want, we’re in the same age after all.” L smiled, an actual smile. You couldn’t believe what you see, from the information you knew. L was an ice prince and he didn’t smile much and wait, he just introduced himself as Myungsoo not L. That was rare, you thought.

“A-Arasso Myungsoo.” You stuttered made him chuckle.

“So, what books are you looking for? Maybe I can help you.”

“Well, I’m searching for English dictionary for my English assignment.” You answered.

“Ah…then you need to come this way.” L dragged you the other direction, pulling your hand making you blushed by the contact.

“Here it is, I usually borrow it a lot so I know where the place is.” He grinned and handed you the dictionary.

“Thank you.” You said with a smile. *Her smile is beautiful.* L thought inside his head.

“You’re welcome.” L grinned.

You walked to the librarian and gave her the dictionary so she could put a data for a book you just borrowed and bowed and said thank you. You just wanted to go home but you remembered the guy next to you, you turned to him and bit your lips nervously didn’t know what to say.

“Jaehee-ah, are you free?” L asked.

“…Yeah, I think so. Why?”

“Do you want to eat ddokboki with me, I know a good place for it, my treat.” L said, looking at you with hopeful face. You couldn’t say no to that.

“Okay…”

“Great! Let’s go.” He beamed happily then pulled your hand outside the library gaining some attention, many girls looked at you in envy and anger because you were walking with their kingka.  L gave them a deathly glare and they looked away immediately then he turned to you and smiled. You didn’t understand why he was being so nice to you, but at least you got yourself a new friend.

~~~

“Eomoni, two portions of ddokboki please!” L ordered with a smile on his face, the middle age woman turned to L and she smiled when he recognized him.

“Oh, Myungsoo-ah. You come again?”

“Ne eomoni.” L grinned and pulled you inside and took a seat on the middle of the restaurant. The restaurant wasn’t that crowded but it seemed nice, the owner realized L wasn’t alone and she was looking at you in interest.

“Ah, who is this young lady? Your girlfriend?” Your eyes widened by the words and L took a glance at you and chuckled when he saw your flustered expression.

“Aniyo, she’s my friend.” He answered and the owner just smiled with knowing expression but you didn’t realize it because you were looking down on your lap shyly.

L stared at you when you were still looking down and he raised your chin up with his hand. “Hey, don’t think about it. Relax.”

Your cheeks turned redder by the contact but you just nodded in response.

“Good.” He chuckled. “Jaehee-ah, do you want to be my friend?”

You looked up and blinked confusedly at him. L scratched his neck awkwardly then continued, “I meant, we never talk before so I want to ask properly if I can be your friend or not. I think you’re a nice girl and all, so can I?”

You looked at him and chuckled noticing how cute he was, he wasn’t a ice prince at all. He was kinda adorable actually in your eyes.

“Of course you can, Myungsoo-ah.” You answered. L looked up at you and his face brightened by the response he got.

“Really? Thanks Jaehee-ah!” He beamed happily made you giggle.

“You’re welcome.” You smiled.

“Friends?” He gave his hand to you, you took it and shook it with a smile.

“Friends.”

 

*A/N

Please do comment and tell me what you think, don't be a silent readers. ^^

Thanks for reading and suscribing and especially commenting.