03

Until Now

Their relationship stayed the same. In front of their parents, he would be nice and friendly, but when alone, he would be cold and arrogant.

Despite the way he treated her, she never blamed him but instead hoped that he would one day accept her and change his attitude.

If he didn’t have such an attitude, Nara would’ve considered him as a candidate for love. Byunghun was actually better looking than a lot of the population. He had a sharp jawline, nice pastel pink lips, cold but luring eyes, a crooked but cute nose and beautiful glowing skin. His hair was soft and shiny despite the damage being done to it, and regardless of his bony figure, he didn’t have a bad body.

Sometimes she wondered how such a flawless man could have such spiteful personality. She wondered whether she was the only one he treated this way.

He grew on her and sometimes she’d find herself stupidly worrying about the fool.

Like, whether he had eaten, whether he could sleep, whether he was happy or upset but would always end up gloomy to remember that he would never take time to think about her.

And with these confused feelings, Byunghun and Nara were married.

Nara was no longer Nara Cho, but Nara Lee.

On the wedding day, Byunghun didn’t touch her lips, but her cheek. When they exchanged wedding rings, Nara discovered that he had bony but feminine fingers.

Nara learnt things about her husband every day, but he would never even consider looking at her.

That night was their first night together. Byunghun sat on the bed immediately and glared at her.

“I take the bed, you take the floor.” He coldly told her.

“But we don’t have a spare mattress –“

“Do I look like I give a f—k? You’re no one to me.” He threw her a pillow and immediately went to bed. A gush of wind swept through the window, leaving Nara shivering in the cold.

She’d forgotten that it was winter. She lay on the floor, staring into the blank ceiling. “Maybe he will give me a blanket during the night,” she hoped to herself, “Or maybe, this is how I’ll be living the rest of my life.”

~

Nara was woken up by a gush of cold wind. She slowly sat up and observed the room; Byunghun didn’t give her the blanket after all.

“Achoo!” She sneezed out loud, again and again. Byunghun threw a pillow that aimed at her head and told her to be quiet. Nara got off the floor and found a warm jacket to wear before heading downstairs. As soon as she reached the kitchen, a chef had already begun cooking breakfast.

“Good morning Mrs. Lee,” he greeted her, “Breakfast will be ready any minute now.”

Nara sat down at the table thinking. She was not yet used to being called Mrs. Lee. A maid began to lay the foods out on the table, and the smell spread everywhere.

“Wow, it smells so nice!” She told both the maid and the chef.

“Mrs. Lee –“

“Just call me Nara.” She smiled as the maid nodded at her command.

“Miss Nara, will Mr. Byunghun be eating breakfast with you this morning?” She thought for a while before answering.

“Um –“

“I won’t be.” And with that Byunghun suddenly walked out the door, all changed.

The door slammed as Nara looked down at her plate in sadness. Somehow, she had hoped they would eat their first breakfast together, even if it were in silence.

And that was the first day after being married, and their first breakfast – which she ate alone.


A/N: Ahh this story is so unloved still T__T oh well~ who writes for popularity anyway hehe.

@nawachan: aww thank you ^O^ yes i think this story will be a touching one because of ljoe :3

@Dark_Seraphim: yep yep CAP and Hyuna are both in it, but just havent appeared yet >< they will appear soon i promise!!

@SHINee_Baby: Hyuna's coming soon :D

Once again, please comment ^^ because whenever i see a comment, i feel more motivated~ when i see no comments or hardly any i feel like no ones reading it and it's not good enough T__T but nonetheless, enjoy~