01

Until Now

4 Years Ago

She stepped off the limousine and headed towards school gates. “Ah, school again!” She exclaimed while yawning, “What a bore!” She made her way into her homeroom and plopped into her usual seat, “Nara, you seem extra tired today?”

Nara opened one of her eyes to see who had just spoken to her, “Mina, my dad made me stay up all night helping him pick designs for the new jewellery collection we’re having; so tired..”

“Woah really! Does that mean there’s going to be an opening party for the new collection?” Sora chimed as she strolled into the room. “Nara?”

Mina shrugged at Sora to see that Nara had already fallen asleep. “Just let her be until homeroom teacher comes?”

~

“You haven’t answered my question yet.” Sora whined to her friend while eating her rice in the cafeteria, “What question?”

“Whether there’s going to be an opening party or not!”

“Oh there is, why do you want to come?” Both her friends heads nodded in unison, “But it’s not actually that fun..”

“As if! Cute guys that have money~ Woo, not fun my !”

Nara chuckled at them, “If you insist then!”

~

“Cho Jewellery proudly presents their new collection, ‘Nara’. Tonight will be an official opening ceremony to celebrate this lovely new collection that has been named and created based on Mr. Cho’s daughter, Nara Cho. Please join me in welcoming them tonight.”

Nara struggled up the stairs in her killer heels and mini dress as she followed her mother’s footsteps. “Thank you everyone for joining us today. Not only will it be a celebration of the opening of ‘Nara’ but also the celebration of our daughter’s engagement to Mr. Lee.”

Nara’s eyes widened as she stared horrifically at her father. “But father –“

“Mr. Lee will be following up with our Cho Jewellery business and replace me in the future. I hope you will all welcome Mr. Lee as much as I do.” The room filled with applauds as Nara found her friend’s with shocked expressions.

“Father, how come you’ve never said of this before?” Nara exclaimed in disagreement.

“It is a tradition for companies as big as Cho Jewellery to arrange their children’s marriages in order for their business to carry on efficiently, you know that Nara.” Nara felt tears filling her eyes; it was too sudden for her.

“Father, I’m still only seventeen!”

“Age does not matter, business does. Trust me Nara; Mr. Lee is a good man. He is of a similar age with you and you will not regret marrying him, I reassure you.”

“But father, I don’t need you to tell me who to love!”

SLAP

Tears dripped from Nara’s face as she glared at her father, “You have no choice but to follow on with this arrangement.” He stormed out, leaving her all alone in her bedroom. She was too young for this. She hadn’t even had her first kiss yet; how could she allow a stranger to steal her entire happiness?

~

Nara sat in agony as if she were waiting for her death. He was going to arrive any minute now; any minute. What could she expect of him? Being of similar ages was all she knew about him besides his last name; Lee. Lee who?

“Mr. Lee and his family have arrived.” She heard the maid call out to her parents as she sat still as stone. She closed her eyes and counted to ten, hoping to calm herself down.

She felt people sitting around her and knew that they had finally arrived. Her eyes continued to look down until her mother nudged her uncomfortably.

“Mr. and Mrs. Lee, it is a pleasure to meet you. This is our daughter, Nara.” Nara looked up upon hearing her name and saw her fiancée sitting opposite her. He wore a cold expression and piercing eyes that sent shivers down her spine.

“It’s definitely a pleasure. This is our son, Lee Byunghun.” Nara attempted to smile politely while as Byunghun did the opposite. He only glared at her and smirked.

“When is the wedding?”

“In two months,” Nara’s mother said politely. “Why the rush?” Nara accidentally exclaimed out loud. Her father glared at her and she immediately shut .

“It’s really no rush, since Byunghun needs to learn how to manage the business.” Mr. Lee informed her. Nara nodded to everything they said, as she knew she had no say either way.

“Preparations begin next week,” her mother told everyone, “Looks like you two will get plenty of bonding time.”


A/N: hiiiii ^^ btwwwww IU isnt actually in this fic, i just used her because shes pretty LOL and cause i couldnt find another girl T__T so just pretend IU is Nara!

Also, please comment because silent readers make me sad T___T