The Beginning

Wish

 

Maybe it was fated for them to have met.

Lay was a songwriter and a composer. Luhan wrote and took photos of his travels for a segment in a magazine. Lay would have his notebook open and his pen in hand composing a new song. Luhan would go through and edit the photos he took and write captions to go along with the photos.

They were just two of the billions of people in this big world.

The first moment they laid eyes on each other both of them took interest in the other but neither of them said or did anything about it. They were just strangers who would visit a certain café, at a certain time, on certain days.

This cycle repeated over and over until one day.

.

.

.

.

 

The sound of cars driving past and the rain falling down could be heard. Every individual were carrying on with their daily lives.

It was just a normal day.

“Why was the meeting so long?! It never took that long to buy the rights to my song!"

Lay didn't even know why he was so frustrated as he hurried on through the pouring rain. He could care less about how long it took for them to go over the contract for his song. So why, on this day, at this time, was Lay frustrated about this insignificant occurrence?

It could have been because he was in a bad mood or because it hurt his pride that they took longer than usual to decide whether or not to buy his song.

But none of that mattered to him right now. All he could think about was the cafe. Yes the cafe!

Before... Before he leaves. Before he left the cafe.

But why did it bother Lay? It wasn't like they ever talked or had any type of interaction. Lay didn't even know his name.

Would it even matter?

Even though Lay was contemplating whether or not to go, his body just continued to hurry to the cafe as if he wouldn't survive if he didn't get there fast enough.

 

'Closed'

 

 

'Closed,' that was what was said on the entrance to the cafe. It had long passed the usual time Lay would be there but long ahead of closing time. The only thing Lay could conclude was that the café had been closed the whole day. If the store was closed the whole day then he would've left long ago.

Maybe if Lay had gotten there earlier he could have at least seen him. Lay turned and was ready to head home. That was until something caught his attention.

Out of the corner of his eye Lay saw someone who looked awfully familiar under a white umbrella.

Lay thought it was impossible for it to be who he thought he saw. It couldn’t possibly be him… It didn’t make any sense.

Why, why would he be there? Outside the café, even though it was closed the whole day? Even though there might have been the possibility that he was waiting for someone, Lay held some hope that maybe; just maybe, he’d been waiting for him.

But… It couldn’t possibly be, could it?

Luhan looked up, turning towards Lay, and said “Why aren’t you using an umbrella? Could you have forgotten to bring one?”

All Lay could do was stare at Luhan in shock. When Lay finally spoke he stuttered and couldn’t find the words to continue what he was trying to say. “I-I, its n-not that… I-I…”

“You could catch a cold without an umbrella, it’s raining pretty hard.” Luhan said whilst smiling.

“I don’t suppose you would mind sharing an umbrella with me till I get home would you? You go the same way after all.” Lay thought he couldn’t possibly believe that angels existed but right before him was one smiling at him while offering to share an umbrella.

“Should I take this silence as a yes or a no?”

Lay was shaken out of his daze and replied, “Uh-uh, i-it’s a y-yes.” With this, Luhan and Lay started to walk home silently sharing an umbrella together. Lay was still shocked that Luhan had been there and offered to share his umbrella.

On the other hand, Luhan wasn’t too sure why he had waited for Lay in the pouring rain just to share his umbrella. Luhan had hoped Lay would still go to the café even though it had been long after the usual.

Maybe it was because of Lay’s serious expression when he composed. Maybe it was because of the beautiful pieces that Lay had composed and played on his guitar. Maybe it was just because it was Lay.

They reached Luhans house. Luhan opened his door and handed the umbrella to Lay while smiling. “Since I’m already at my house you can keep my umbrella and go home. It would be a problem if you got any more rain on you and caught a cold. Just don’t forget to bring an umbrella the next time it rains.” With this Luhan closed the door and Lay said a silent “thank you” before heading on home.

This was the start of their relationship from stranger to acquaintances, and in the near future, even more.