Phone Calls

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The five brief days of paradise were followed by five dragging days of preoccupation.

With shows to film, songs to record, ads, photos and commercials to shoot, the boys were once again lost in their busy selves.

Hyo Min was stuck in front of her computer screen, setting up the online shop she’s been working on the past 2 months. Her goal was to open it to the public as soon as possible.  Fingers at work on the keyboard, codes passed in front of her eyes in a continuous blur.

While her friend absorbed herself in this, Hyun Hee chose to stay inside her apartment and engage in the passivity of waiting.

She didn’t know what exactly she was waiting for; just that she was waiting for something.

Anything, for that matter.

She remained expectant for the calm before the storm; a reassurance that everything was back to normal. In the midst of those instances, she learned not to grow impatient.

Nothing came.

In those 5 gruelling days, the two-bedroom apartment in GungJang Residences seemed bigger and time just seemed to pass slower. Seldom did she stray away from the containment of her room. Rarely did she step out to breathe in the atmosphere besides that of her apartment.

For the first day, she was confused; a huge Why, accompanied by What now, stuck in her head. This period was spent pacing around, stopping only for meals and pacing once more.

After two days, she was hopeful; her positivity shining through the gloom that was beginning to cloud her perception. Her faith in some kind of lucidity was preserving itself.

Come the fourth and the fifth days, this faith cracked and crumbled into fractions that increased with time. She assumed she would be able to feel better, but she just felt bitter.

At this moment, her ego walked inside the room. Her feministic self convinced her she should get up, dress up, go out and forget about it; this warm summer day was too beautiful to waste.

She really had no other choice but to oblige.

She sang Goodbye Baby to herself as she was getting ready; it helped a little in raising her spirits. It seemed like a perfectly sunny day to drive around in her Beetle without a particular direction. So, donning her best summer dress, she clutched her bag and headed for the door.

Just as she reached for the door knob, a sound broke the silence that had become keen to her.

Her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter