The Transparent Glass

The Butterfly Knights

The transparent glass

 

Dara standing in front of the campus gate, she feel reluctant to stepped. The moment she embarrassed because of her failure with Seungri creating a song really distract her mind all night. She shook her head many time, just want to make sure that there's nothing happened, but failed. She then convinced herself that she don't want to join Kwon Jiyong class again because of embarrassment, but choosing that option would make her life more miserable than before. Seungri convince her over and over that they can make a better song in the future, he blamed Dara because her broken heart experience with Minho is the reason why they failed. Dara rub her eyebrow with desperately, still standing on the front gate.


She knew that her life going to be different since that Kwon Jiyong appeared in her life. The way he protested that she skipped his class really suspicious. Even Professor Park or other lecturer never do that to their students if they skipped the classes. Dara narrowed her eyes just like a curious detective who wants to solved puzzled on their cases "Damn! this won't help me!" she closed her eyes again, inhaled... exhaled....she brace herself once again to start the day and try to move on "Oh lord, help" she's trembling.


Seungri already at the class. She's glad seeing Seungri there, at least she have friends who won't let her down alone. Dara fasten her step and take her seat, Seungri is reading something, ignoring Dara's presence until Dara wave her hand in front of Seungri's face "Helloooo??? What did you read?" ask Dara.


"Oh, Hi Noona.. you're here! Well... I'm reading this, this is the bible of composing song" he showed the book cover proudly


Oh... Great! the topic that Dara won't discuss this early, why oh why? she hold her breath "Well.. we gonna make it right!?" said Dara not sure


"Of course! I'll show him that we can make a good song, trust me!" he smiled and start reading again


"I hate him!" said Dara in a sudden, makes Seungri almost jumped from his seat and turned her face to Dara again


"No.. No.. don't hate him, He's doing right! We have to accept that we failed Noona, because in our failure we will have a chance getting better, I believe that" Seungri proclaimed 


Dara can't believe of what Seungri just said "Daebak Ri.. Daebak" somehow, Riri become wise lately, well she thought it maybe since Seven left them. "I wish Seven Oppa is here" she sighed 


Seungri closed his book and and now turned all his body to faced Dara "I thought that too yesterday. So how about him? Did he reply your email?" he asked in a whisper


"No.. He never reply my email, he doesn't even active in his media social account and damn.. it almost a week. Last time he sent me email saying that he's busy and tired so he told me try to understand him if he can't reply my email" Dara rest her chin on her palm, pouting.


"Yah yah...look at those pout, you little kid! just relax won't you? everything will be okay, just trust Hyung, we can wait him to give some news okay?" Seungri pat Dara's shoulder and smile, Dara just nodded in silence.


After minutes past, Kwon Jiyong finally showed up, the class suddenly become quiet. The fuss that caused by Kiko and her gang suddenly disappear. Dara start pretend busy with her books. She's nervous, she hope the books can drowned her so that Kwon Jiyong, the lecturer assistant doesn't notice her existence, no she doesn't want to be famous in class anymore. Not like yesterday.


"Good morning" he rounded his desk and sit there, crossing his arms with elegance. Some students gasps because of his charm. So gothic but gorgeous at the same time. Thick eye liner, piercing all over his ears, cross mark on his left eye, latex pants and simple tee covered with leather jacket makes Dara almost breathless. Damn, he's too hot, maybe he's a detective who's doing undercover at the campus, who knows, said Dara to herself, but then she start to massage her eyebrow again.It still doesn't help her.

 

The class running smoothly, Kwon Jiyong doesn't even allude to yesterday incident. Dara felt so relief, but Dara admire the way he tutoring. He has that brain and ability to teach, he's young but all that he gave to his students is so beneficial and important. Dara admitted that the reason why he become lecture assistant because he has the capability, Dara tell herself that she won't missed his classes again, no.. not because he's hot (omg did she mention that?!) but his knowledge is so worthy. Yesterday was a lesson, that she can't mess with Kwon Jiyong. She drowned too deep during the class, Dara enjoy it.

 

Class dismissed half an hour ago, but Dara still stay in the class. Seungri who notice that Dara won't go anywhere until the next class start continue reading his precious book. Dara start to open her email from her smartphone, looking it over and over but there still no response from Seven. She miss Seven so much, she's wondering what happen to Seven now, did he eat well and have a good place to sleep. She worried and didn't want to think anything bad that Seven maybe don't want to communicate with her again. "No..no..no.." She beg to herself 


"Yah.. Why you keep shook your head?" Seungri voice woke her, some idea struck in her mind


"Ri.. Let's go to Japan!" ask Dara excited


Seungri now closed his book with an overwhelmed expression "What? Are you crazy?"


Dara bite her lips, looks so innocent "What if something bad happened to Oppa?"


"Aish.. stop being cute! He's a grown man, he has decide to be there and there must be some logic reason why he can't contact you or us for days" He shook his head 


"Let's give him surprise okay? Tell him that we're just on vacation and drop by just to see him. He won't mind... Oh come on Ri." Dara begged like a kid


"Hahahahaha... No! We have exams next week and remember, we have to finish our composing project, spend time to Japan before our task done is no!"


"Aigoo.. Then, let's go when we already finish the exams, how about that?"


"Done! I'll do whatever you want. By that time I'm sure, Hyung already contact you and forbid you to go there"


"Well I hope so..."


"Good, so stop mumble and let's concentrate on our project"


"Yes, Sir!" Dara saluted just like a soldier to their superiors


"Babo.." Seungri pat her head

 


After all day finished classes, Dara decide to straight go home, Seungri already left her because he has to visit YG Building for audition. Dara so happy knowing that Seungri  called for the audition, it's mean Seungri chance to join YG entertainment is getting bigger. Dara keep smiling while she reach the gate of the campus, unknown to her that Jiyong is watching her from behind the big trees near the gate, yes he's smoking right there, it's like his favorite spot since the campus have a policy that smoking is forbidden. While Dara passing the gate, Jiyong start to approach her and finally walk beside her, still smoking.


"Oh my god, you're shocking me!" Dara almost yell when she realize Jiyong beside her


"Chill, it's just me..! I don't want to eat you alive." he chuckled 


Dara hold her chest and sighed "What are you doing sir?" She look at Jiyong hand who holding his cigarette, his other hand stay in his pocket


"I saw you smiling like a freak, so I just want to make sure you're fine" he his cigarette deeply and blow the smoke to the air 


Dara's face reddened, damn he's watching her "Errr.... You came from that tree right?" Dara pointed the tree behind them


"Yup.." he played the cigarette with his hand "Aish, it's hard to enjoy life inside the campus" he added


"You should know that smoking is a bad habit and it's not good for your health, sir" Dara warned him, still walking on the side road, thinking why the hell Kwon Jiyong walk beside her


"Just call me Jiyong, we're not in the campus area anymore" he sugested


"I'll think about it. Sir" Dara smoothed her purse handles just want to look busy


He smiled and his cigarette again


"I hate smoking people" Dara frankly said "most of them doesn't realize it will end their lives" she added again


Jiyong smiled again and throw his cigarette and turn it off


"Im agree with you, but try to stop smoking never struck in my mind" he looked at her and still match his stride "so you're going home?"


"Yes, I'm going to the bus stop. Where do you go? I thought you have your own ride"


"I want to apologize" he calmly said


Dara stopped her step then turn her head to see Jiyong and raise her brows "Apologize??" she asked in a shock mode, did he really said that? but why? 


"Yes, about yesterday" he flatly answered


"But why? I think I have my own lesson" Dara start to walk again, Jiyong followed her


"Well... we know that you must be embarrassed and I think I'm doing it too much"


"Wow, that's very rare. Apologize accepted" she dramatically said, smiling and keep hugging her purse


"Good, since you have learned your lesson so the project must be perfect, okay" Jiyong simply said


"What? That's not fair" Dara complained but her smile still struck on her face


"I gave all the student the same project, but I think both of you got something more than others.. So trust me, if you let yourself blend with this project, I think both of you will make it"


"Yeah, Seungri told me that too. He have a good character, every time he lack something he always try to fix it and the result he finally did it, so lucky to have him" Dara finally opened her self


Dara smiled at him. It's comfortable talking with Jiyong. He's not that bad. The musician, great mentor, nice person and good looking, walk beside her and give an encouragement to her, she feel lucky somehow.


"So you and Seungri are best friend or something?" ask Jiyong in curious, right after they arrived at the bus stop


"He's my best friend and also one of my knights"


"Knights?" Jiyong furrowed his brow "What Knights? So It means you have many?" he asked in marveled 


"My protector, my saviors, my everything. And yup, they are many" Dara answered it with proud


"So it's mean that you were fragile woman who need to be protect?" he asked again


"W-well.. not a fragile but they always there for me just want to make sure that I'm fine. They love me for sure" she added


"So what's the benefit for them?" Jiyong smiled showing that he got some interesting talk


"They don't need anything from me, they just.. they just loved me." Dara answered in awkward, she felt her face reddened, damn she's too much talking, and why didn't he stop asking questions


"You think so? wow, it's so impossible, did ever crossed your mind that maybe your knights want you for other reason? like they want you for them, having you?" his eyes bored her


"Wha-What?? No!! of course not! And why did you say that? you don't know them.. and for your information, one of the knights are my little brother"


"Okay... sorry if you offended, just wandering" he smiled


"Stop wandering, and you're not even my best friend why should I tell you everything" she pout and upset for talking too much


Jiyong giggle seeing her cute face, what a good view to him


"And why did you end up being a lecture assistant? why Mr.Park choose you?" she asked and turned her body to face him


"Well.. we're actually close friend. He just trust me to give me this opportunity"


"You're doing it well"


"Really? I'm always doing things well, it runs on my vein since I was born" he proudly said


Dara then pretend to throw up but ended with laugh, Jiyong raised his brow and laugh with her too


"Did you know that you're so cute if you angry or disappointed? that's why I want to apologize to you. You express yourself easily, like a transparent glass, people can see what happened to you. I think that's the reason you have so many knights."


"Ooh... so you're psychiatry now? wow.. I'm starting to like you Sir" She smiled and still felt her face still reddening, damn she's so nervous.


Jiyong smiled at her and remained silent. Dara start to thinking about what Jiyong told her, it's like Jiyong knows her character well. She admitted, she's actually a fragile woman because lot of tragedy in her life. This Kwon Jiyong, suddenly appear in her life, stole her attention and now, telling her that she's like a transparent glass. Who is he? why he's doing this to her? of all students in the campus, why did he put attention to her. 


While busy with her own head, suddenly a woman start screaming and crying out loud, she's pointing at something, Dara and Jiyong try to find where the woman's gaze fixed. Dara's heart almost stopped when she found two little kid, a girl and a boy who doesn't notice the bus approaching them uncontrollably with the high speed. Dara throw her book nonchalantly and start to run but Jiyong grab her wrist and nod his head asking her to stay. 


Jiyong run as fast as he can to reach the kids and when he finally got them he pull the kids away from the streets, the mad bus finally can stopped right in time. But too bad, another car came from the opposit road and Jiyong doesn't notice it, Dara realize that this is a bad sign. She run as fast as she can and when she finally get closer to him, she push Jiyong with all her strength, she's not thinking that the car would came toward her instead,her body don't gives a reflex to move, she's too shock screaming hysterical and close her eyes with her palms.


Jiyong try to get up, his body's aching because he hit the lamp street pole, his eyes bulging when he saw Dara lying there covered with blood, "No" he try to stand up and catch Dara but unfortunately his leg is broke, this make his body trembling so hard.


"Daraaaaa....."