cuarta parte

White Lies || Under Construction ||

"Yeoniee, Dae!~" IU screamed her lungs out calling for her best friends. It was a Monday morning and she's happy seeing her two bestfriends again.

"Euniee!~" Jiyeon also beamed to her bestfriend ans they hugged each other. Daehyun on the other hand just nodded at IU telling the girl that he knows of her presence.

"Yah! Stop your lovey dovey now, it's almost time." Daehyun said looking at his wrist watch.

"Uh-oh, we need to run, it's already 6:50 and our class starts at 7:00 and to more, our classroom is at the fourth floor!" IU said grabbing Jiyeon and Daehyun's hands getting ready to run."Hana, du-" IU started her countdown but she was cut off when Jiyeon talked.

"Euniee-ya, bian, I'm waiting for someone here, I'm really going to get killed if I don't wait for him." Jiyeon said pouting.

"Jeongmal? Who are you waiting for then?" IU asked like she was not in a rush but Daehyun suddenly tightened his grip on IU and dragged her to their class. Jiyeon just smirked at the scene. *Enjoying moment with our Princess Daehyuniee? Haha.*

Jiyeon then fibbled on her phone waiting for a sign of her bestfriend but after 10 minutes, she heard their bell rang but to her frustration, still no sign of her bestfriend. Getting annoyed, she got her phone and decided to call him but before she could press the call button, an incoming call appeared and she answered it.

 

"LEE!"

("Yah! Are you planning on making me deaf?!")

"I'M PLANNING TO KILL YOU LEE IF I DON'T SEE A SIGN OF YOU IN A MINUTE!"

("Chill okay! I'm here already.")

"Where?"

("Back.")

 

Jiyeon looked at her back and to her surprise, she saw Byunghun at her back leaning at the bricks near the school gate. She then ended the call and went near Byunghun.

"Lee! Do you know what time is it?" Jiyeon nagged to her bestfriend who was just smiling at her

"7:10." L. Joe blurted out like he wasn't llate

"And, what time do you think does the school bell ring?" Jiyeon asked

"7:00. Look Park, you can't blame me if we're late, you know that school in Cali starts at 8:30 right?" L. Joe reasoned out to Jiyeon.

"Argh. Be thankful I'm a good bestfriend or else, I'm gonna skin you alive, I'm really gonna get killed if I'm late, I'm gonna fail Lee." Jiyeon said making the latter know his mistakes.

"Tch. Still a late comer? Back then in Cali you're always late." L. Joe smirked seeing Jiyeons now angered face so before the dino could errupt, he got the latters hand and dragged her to the office.

"Park, let's go to class." L. Joe said while dragging Jiyeon

"You're not going to get you schedule at the principal?"

"No need, we have the same classes, Grandma made sure that because she wants someone to look after me." L. Joe said with a lame tone while pouting. "Why does she need to do that? I'm not a chils anymore.Tsk."

Jiyeon just smiled at the childish side of L. Joe. "Aigoo Little Joe." Jiyeon teased and patted the latters hand with her other hand.

L. Joe sent her a glare, "Not because I'm not getting angry with you calling me that doesn't mean you could call me that freely. People might here it Park."

"Aigoo. Neh Lee sajang." Jiyeon said saluting to L. Joe


IU glanced at her watch every second waiting for Jiyeon to come inside their classroom. Their teacher was now currently calling their names to see if anyone is late or absent. Unfortunately, this teacher was the worst teacher ever and to add more, IU is aware that the teacher is strict when it comes to Jiyeon because she's really lame and not participating in the English class which is the said teachers advisory class. *Jiyeon, why aren't you here yet? If this witch see that you're not yet here, she'll have a reason to fail you. You know that you were always late in class the past quarters right?*

"Lee JiEun."

"Present." IU raised her hand still looking at the door

"Lee Minji."

"Present."

"Oh YoonJi."

"Present."

"Park Sunyoung."

"Present."

"Park Jiyeon."

No answer, the teacher then looked at Jiyeon's empty seat and shook her head. "Is Ms. Park absent or late again?"

"S-she's-" IU was about to answer because she can feel the teachers gave at her when they heard a knock on the door.

"Get in." the teacher said and an exhausted Jiyeon and Lee Byunghun was revealed.

"Ms. Park, you're late again." Jiyeon flinched and got ready for another nagging from her teacher when L. Joe went infront of her and bowed to the teacher.

"Annyeonghaseyo Ms. Kim, Lee Byunghun imnida, I'm a new transferee here and I asked Park to wait for me at the gate for I am still not familiar with the school. I was the reason for her being late." L. Joe said making their teacher stand up straight and cleared her troath.

"Okay. You may sit now Ms. Park. I'll let you off this time. Mr. Lee welcome to Seoul High, you may sit beside Ms. Lee." Mrs. Kim said and motioned the two to sit.

As they went on their way to sit, students were gossiping about the two.

 

"He's the guy last Saturday right?"

"Woah. Another blonde I see."

"Hey. Are they in a relationship?"

"Look at how the guy hold Jiyeon's hand."

"They suit each other."

"Aw. The guy is so sweet standing up for Jiyeon."

"He's handsome."

 

Jiyeon and L. Joe didn't mind those gossips and just went to their respective seats. L. Joe glanced on the person beside him and smiled without the others seeing it. His seatmate was none other than Lee JiEun. He didn't imagine being close to her again. How he wished for this moment to last forever.


Lunch came and IU and Daehyun was waiting for Jiyeon at the cafeteria and a few minutes after they saw the running figure of the girl dragging L. Joe. Then Jiyeon stopped in front of them and smiled at them.

"Guys. Sorry if I took time. I still took care of something." She sweetly said and then threw a death glare at L. Joe. "And you! Yah! Can you please stop making girls cry."

Daehyun and IU looked at the two who was obviously quarelling. After some more minutes, Daehyun decided to cut their scene that was catching every people's eyes at the cafeteria. The two then looked at him and chorused, "Shut up!" Daehyun then rolled his eyes and decided to drag the two already to their seats.

"You two, we can't even eat because of your noise. What is the matter with you two huh?" Daehyun irritatedly asked.

Jiyeon sighed, "Bianhe, I just really can't control myself because of this unlucky man."

"Yeoniee-ah, who is he by the way?" IU then butted in

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. He's L.Joe, one of my friend back then, feel free to call him Lee Byunghun though." Jiyeon said hiding her laugh while earning a death glare from him for mentioning his korean name. Jiyeon then munched onto her food making L. Joe smirk at the dino beside him. "Tch. Same old dinosaur."

L. Joe then just nodded at the two and Daehyun returned a nod. "Annyeonghaseyo Byunghun-ssi" IU said and smiled.

L. Joe's heart fluttered at the simple smile from IU but he held it inside before the sneaky Park Jiyeon could realize how he feels. The four then started eating but Daehyun cannot take his eyes off L. Joe, he can feel that the guy is a competitor for IU's heart.


L. Joe went back home early and went directly to his grandmother's room to check if she drank her medicine already.  He fiddled on his phone first to check if there was any messages but there was none so he put it back on his pocket but he didn't know that he pressed the record button. When he was nearing, he heard voices from the study room so he headed there and was about to knock when he saw the door slightly opened and his name was mentioned. Though it is bad, L.Joe decided to eavesdrop what the elders were talking about. In there was Jiyeon's mom, his mom and his grandmother.

"I know I couldn't last long anymore and all I wish is for Byunghun to find someone he would love and cherish forever. Ji Eun is the one I want for him and I know that they will make a good match. Before I die, I want to see them together so please help me to match them up."