segunda parte

White Lies || Under Construction ||

History class was now ending and IU wasn't really focused in listening to class. She was thinking of who could be their visitor. Her mom texted her a while ago saying that someone she wanted to see for so long already came back. But no matter how hard she tries, nothing came to her mind and she's the kind of person to be easily bothered if she can't remember things. So as soon as the bell rang, she immediately packed her things to go eager to know who their visitor is. Jiyeon and Daehyun on the other hand approached IU.

"Yah! Ji Eun, what are you bothered about?" Jiyeon said with a hint of worry for her best friend

"Ah. Haha, Ji, I'm just thinking who could our visitor be." IU said sheepishly smiling

"Ah, the person aunt told you that came back." Jiyeon said nodding her head

"You going home with us?" Daehyun then butted in

"Aw. Dae, Ji, I'm sorry, I really need to go home to satisfy this curious mind of mine you know." IU said sadly, she loves going home with Daehyun and Jiyeon but she is just really curious who the person could be.

"Aigoo. It's fine Ji Eun, besides we are the class cleaners, you'll take time to go home if you wait for us." Jiyeon said patting the latters back.

Daehyun just nodded, sad that he cannot take IU home. He just watched her walk out the door to the school gates.

*Jung Daehyun, if I were you I'll really confess now. You're confident bickering and teasing her and you're afraid confessing? That's new from the Busan Wonbin.* Jiyeon shook her head looking at Daehyun who was watching IU until he cannot see her anymore.


"Welcome home!" they warmly greeted the two who just came back from Oregon.

Grandma Lee warmly smiled seeing the housemaids, her son and daugther-in-law, and Mr. and Mrs. Lee welcoming them with love. She then faced her grandson who was just at the corner watching tham.

"Joe, greet your parents." she commanded her grandson and the latter followed suit.

Byunghun isn't really in good terms with his dad due to the argument they had a few weeks ago about him inheriting their company. It wasn't really his passion so accepting the said position was really hard for him. He knows that many people wanted that but he cannot pull himself into something that wouldn't satisfy him.

"Appa, umma." he nodded to his dad and went to hug his mom who he really missed a lot. Though he wanted to stay out of the wings of his parents, he cannot deny the fact that it was hard dealing with things that he cannot consult to his mother.

"Aigoo Byunghun-ah, you have grown so much. Your mom really missed you." his mom told him and hugged him again, how he missed this kind of hug from his mom.

He then faced Mr. and Mrs. Lee and bowed ninety degrees, "Annyeonghaseyo, uncle and auntie."

The couple smiled, "You really have grown-up Byunghun."

After that, they were led to the living room to talk things about their long parting. L. Joe was also their anticipating someone to come, he wanted to go up now, because he flinched everytime they mention his Korean name Byunghun, he wasn't really fond of it, but he still waited for this certain someone until he realized that she wasn't coming so he excused himself and went upstairs to rest. *Aigoo, I thought I'm going to see her this day.* He thought and gloomily walked to his room upstairs.


IU was now sprint walking to their house eager to know what was happening at home. But when she arrived home, her hopes flew aways seeing nobody was home but then, she was a paper at their door step.

"Honey, if you read this letter, go to our neighbor, the one you used to play when you were still a child." ^^

-umma <3

IU read the letter and went to the neighboring house beside them, as far as she remembers, the people residing there was the Lee's, the owner of the Lee Corporations, their family were close friends but she had stopped going there a long time ago. She then rang the door bell and a maid greeted her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, is mom and dad here?" sh asked politely and the maid smiled at her sweetly, "Yes, Miss Ji Eun, in fact they were waiting for you already. Please come in." IU smiled and the maid opened the gated widely for her.

As soon as she stepped at the house, memories shot back to her, a child her playing with another child who was about her age. She then was shot back to reality when someone called her. "Ji Eun-ah."

The familiar voice of a woman shot her back to relaity, blinking her eyes many times, she looked at the old woman in front of her and upon realization, she attacked the old woman with a bear hug. "Grandma!"

"Aigoo, Ji Eun-ah, I also missed you but my body isn't really for bear hugs now." Grandma Lee said jesting, and at the same time hinting that her body is weak already.

"Ah, mianhe grandma, I was just really excited." IU said and smiled sweetly at the latter and then retracted her attention to the house owners, "Annyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Lee." the couples smiled sweetly, "Oh yes, it's been a while Ji Eun-ah."

IU also went to her mom and dad and gave them a peck on the cheeks.

"It's okay, by the way, if you came earlier, you could have seen your childhood friend Byunghun." Grandma Lee said

"Byunghun?" IU was a little confused who the person was.

"Aigoo umma, they were so young back then, Ji Eun may not remember him anymore." Mr. Lee said

They talked more about each other during dinner and sadly, L. Joe didn't went down again, not knowing that the person he wanted to see the most is there. Just a few meters from him.


IU was now lying on her bed, happy for the day because she saw Grandma Lee again. Thruthfully, they weren't blood related but they are really close to each other and IU treats her as her own grandmother. She can't really go to sleep due to hapiness to she decided to look at her window, but when she looked out, one of the rooms of the Lee family still had it's lights on. *Huh. At this time someone still awake. Well except me. Maybe it's that Byunhun they were talking about.*

She got a piece of paper from her table and wrote down a question.

'Annyeong!~ Lee Ji Eun-imnida, I'm just from your neighborhood. Are you Lee Byughun-ssi?'

She made the paper into an airplane and luckily, it flew at the open window successfully, wanting a reply, she waited eagerly but a few minutes pass and the lights was already turned off. *Tch. A snob maybe. Not even bothering to relpy. Is it that hard?*

She then closed her window and went to bed again but before she could close her eyes, her phone vebrated for a message.

 

From: Jiyeoniee

To: JiEuniee

IU-ya, the teacher announced a while ago that we are needed at school tomorrow. It's for an outreach program I think. They said we could also gain extra curricular points from it. And we can wear anything. ^^ See you at school then. Good night!~

 

To: Jiyeoniee

From: JiEuniee

Arasso Miss PArk. hehe ^^ Goodmight also, see you in my dreams!~

 

Satisfied, she turned her phone off and went to dream land. Tomorrow was another day indeed.


On the other hand, at the exact neighborhood, L. Joe isn't really asleep yet, in fact he can't sleep because of his broken hope of seeing this someone and on cue, a paper plane dropped in his bed.

'Annyeong!~ Lee Ji Eun-imnida, I'm just from your neighborhood. Are you Lee Byughun-ssi?'

He was smiling from ear to ear reading the message and got a pen to reply but when he was about to throw it, his courage drained and just turned off his lights pretending to sleep already. *Aigoo, Lee Byunghun, gain up courage will you?*


The church doors opened widely, revealing the beautiful bride wearing her white dress. She was elegant that the whole people's attention in the church was only at her. She confidently walked down the aisle with a happy and bright smile while being accompanied by her parents to the altar. All her friends were present at the important event in her life, wearing all their smiles and gratitude for her, she was more than happy. In the altar, was her soon-to-be husband beside her best friend Daehyun who was the bestman. She was close to seeing the face of her husband when-.

"Kring...Kring...Kring...Kring"

IU's alarm clock rang and she sluggishly walked down her bed to the bathroom. "Aigoo, I keep having that same dream again and again but it's always cut at the exact point when I'm going to see my husband." She wisphered sadly and turned the shower on. After her short bath, she took out a sweat shirt and a faded jeans and slipped then on. In a short while, she was done and went down to have her breakfast with her mom and dad.


IU was walking at the school grounds with Jiyeon looking for Daehyun. It took them an hour already and still no shasow of their best friend, Jiyeon looked back and saw the figure they were looking for. But IU who was looking for a blonde guy saw someone from afar and thinking it was Daehyun, she ran to himand gave him a back hug. Jiyeon was pointing their best friend already but IU already ran to the blonde haired guy whom she thoguht was Daehyun.