tercera parte

White Lies || Under Construction ||

*green text are said in English


It was a Saturday morning but the new arrived Lee Byunghun was off to school. If he would be the one deciding, he prefers to lay down in his bed, his safe heaven but his grandma nagged him to go to his new school. He sluggishly walked in the school gates and decided to go to the open field, trying to find somewhere he can sleep. As he walks to the corridor leading to the school grounds, he kept on hearing gossiping girls and even boys.

"Kyaaah! Who is he?"

"Another blonde?"

"Whaaa! He's hot."

"Is he a transferee?"

He slipped on his headphones not wanting to hear the squealing and gossiping of the students. Then suddenly, a petite girl appeared in front of him. Then suddenly, the girl handed him a letter and he took off his headphones to hear what the girl was saying.

"D-daehyun-ssi, please accept my letter for you." the girl told L. Joe and he frowned

"Excuse me, but I think you are mistaken, I'm not the Daehyun you are talking about." He said and passed by the girl coldly putting his headphones on. *Tsk. So letters like that are still popular in this country huh?*

Arriving at the open field, he smiled widely and inhaled the fresh air in the green fields. He decided to stroll for some minutes and suddenly, "Daehyuniee!~" *I've got enough of the name already.* He didn't bother looking back and continued strolling until he felt someone hug him from the back. His eyes widened and immediately faced the person.

"Yah!" He said to the person and released her hands on his waist.

But when he faced the girl, shock was more evident in his face. *Lee Ji Eun?*

"W-who are you?" IU shockingly said at L. Joe who has shock seen all over his face but he regained his composture.

"Should I be the one asking you that?" he shot back not bothering to answer her question

"I...Uhm...Haha... Mianhe, I think I'm mistaken. Sorry." IU said in between her smiles and immediately ran back to Jiyeon.

*Lee Ji Eun! Whaaa! She hugged me!~* Byunghun watched as IU's figure slowly faded away and all he could do was watch. He then turned back again went at the back of the gym.


"PARK JIYEON!" IU ran to her best friend and smacked the latters head.

"Ah....Ah....Aw....Yah!" Jiyeon cried in pain while rubbing her head. "Lee Ji Eun! What was that for? Huh?"

"Yah, you didn't tell me it wasn't Dae!" IU pouted

"Huh. I was telling you, I'm poiting at the corridor at the third floor where he is but when I looked beside me, you were gone." Jiyeon said while munching her sandwich again and in cue, Daehyun appeared behind them. 

"Yah! What are you two talking about?" Daehyun appeared head-locking the two.

"This best friend of ours hugged someone." Jiyeon said casually releasing her head from Daehyuns arms. Daehyun then stiffened. 

"So?" Daehyun casually said *Is it a boy or a girl?*

"Boy." Jiyeon flatly said while looking at the now pouting IU

"What?! Who is he?" Daehyun then said loudly making IU flinch

"Molla." IU said looking down

"You don't know? Then why did you hug him?" Daehyun asked eagerly

"Tch. The last time I checked, you're the only one blonde in this school, I saw this blonde guy and of course, concluding that it is you, I back hugged him." IU confessed

"Ah right! Who is he, a new student maybe. He's blonde like you Dae." Jiyeon added

"Aigoo. You and your carelessness Princess." Daehyun said ruffling IU's hair

After their conversation, they headed to the school auditorium to listen to what the teachers are announcing.


Byunghun flinched when he felt his phone ringing. He was now at the back of the gym sleeping but his slumber was cut by the intruder. He got his phone and answered it.

"What?"

("Young master, the students are now heading to the auditorium, maybe you should go there already.")

"Arasso."

L. Joe hanged up and got up. He streched his arms then walked to the auditorium. It wasn't actually hard finding it, he just followed the students and Bingo. The auditorium. He walked inside and chose to seat at the last row on the left wing of the auditorium.

"Good morning students." the speaker in front greeted

"Good morning." All the students greeted and so as him.

After several minutes, he couldn't contain the boring atmoshepre so he just chose  to sleep while the lecture is going on. Fortunately, when he woke up, the teacher just ended her talk and allowed the students to go home already. He then sat up and walked to the exit with his hands on the pocket.

He went at the school gates and waited for IU to pass, he wanted to go home with her. Good thing his grandmother told him to be familiar with IU and they should go home together.

 

Flashback

L. Joe went down stairs to go to Seoul High when he was corned by his grandmother.

"Grandmother, I almost died because of shock." L. Joe said clutching his heart

"Byunghun-ah, I want you to get to know this girl." his grandmother told him straight to the point and handed him a picture of IU.

*Lee Ji Eun?* "W-who is this grandma?" he asked like he doesn't know IU

Grandmother smirked knowing that L. Joe knows Ji Eun, "She's your childhood friend Lee Ji Eun, she lives next door and I want you to go home with her."

Flashback

 

He was leaning on the gates with his headphone on his ear, he really just can't stand the wisphering and all by the girls surrounding him. He was looking at every student to make sure IU would not slip out of school. Then from afar, he saw the petite figure of IU with a blonde haired guy and the sight irked him very much so he went to the two figures and blocked them.

"You're Lee Ji Eun right?" he asked as soon as the two stopped walking

I nodded, "Oh, majayo, but who are you?"

"L. Joe" he said flatly, "Get in the car, she's waiting for you." he added which made Daehyun frown

"Who are you Mr. L. Joe, I'm afraid we've never met before?" IU firmly asked, she somehow got iritated by the cockiness of the person in front of her now.

"Grandma Lee, your neighbor, she wanted to meet you, I'm her grandson." L. Joe sighed

"Grandma Lee!" IU beamed. L. Joe nodded and grabbed IU's arm and IU didn'tbother freeing herself. She really wanted to see grandma Lee again.

"Dae! I'm going, I'm sorry if I can't go with you." IU shouted to Daehyun and waved at him.

Daehyun can't help but just to wave to IU also but deep inside, he wanted to grab her out of the mans grip. *Jung Daehyun, you'll find the right time.* he said to himself while balling his fist.


IU was lying on her bed, it was yet another day but she still wants to be with Grandmother Lee. They had a good time together with L. Joe, well although the guy is really a snob and really cold but although she must be angry at the guy for being rude to her, she can't help but like the guy, something about him that she really likes. *I know he's a warm guy inside.*


L. Joe was also lying on his bed, thinking about the moments he had with IU. He was really happy being with his childhood friend. But of course, he need to put up a cold exterior in front of IU because that is what he is known for, besides, he doesn't know how to act sweet with IU.

He was about to sleep when he decided toget up and got his phone from his bedside table. "Oh majayo. I almost forgot about Park, that girl didn't bother calling me since last month." he mumbled and scanned through his phone. After he found a name, he held it near his ears and then waited for someone to pickup.

("Yoboseyo")

"Park."

("Lee?")

"Who else huh? We lost contact you know?"

("Whaaa! It's really you. Heard you came back?")

"Yeah. What happened to you?"

("Haha...Bian Lee, I got my phonebook erased and yeah, I lost your number.")

"Ah. Accepted. Let's meet Park."

("Onje? I'm busy tomorrow.")

"Monday, at school. You're studying at Seoul High right?"

("Yeah. You enrolled there?")

"Oh. But I didn't see a dino a while ago."

("Ha! Dino your face.")

"What? But seriously, let's meet at school. I get goosebumps with all the stares of those girls."

("It's just right for you. But since you just came back, I'll be good enough to you. Let's just meet at the front gate on Monday.")

"Good."

("Tch. So how's grandma?")

"She's fine. Wanna meet her?"

("K. Monday? Ask her if it's fine.")

"You don't have to ask, she loves you more than me Park."

("There you go again. I'm sleeping already Lee.")

"So fast. I'll let you go this time. Jaljjayo."

("Oh. Night Lee.")

"Hmm..."

L. Joe smiled widely after the conversation. "It's been a long time since I saw Park. That girl is really something. She didn't even memorize my number huh? Such a bad (ex) yeoja chingu."

He then returned his phone at the table and decided to sleep already.