One more promise?...because of a hoodie!?

Orphans Under the Mistletoe

You and Yoseob kept mostly to yourselves for the rest of the day, you were planning for tomorrow and you had already received Mrs Lee’s consent for your trip. You were really excited! Because of Yoseob, the kids at the orphanage could finally have a Christmas, you were really starting to get along with him and it turned out (just as you thought) that he was the total opposite of the cold and rude new boy from yesterday. He genuinely made you smile and you both felt comfortable around each other. By the end of the day you had made a list of all the kids in the orphanage (21 in total) and little things you knew they would like, Yoseob looked over your list and smiled, he had never really done this before; trying to make people happy. But this time he wanted to make everyone at the orphanage happy, he wanted to make you happy.

Once it got to lunch time, the heater wasn’t working so well and Yoseob was getting cold. He was helping Mrs Lee make lunch so he asked you if you could go grab his hoodie, “It’s purple with white writing on it” he told you and you nodded before heading upstairs to get it. Finding his suitcase you carefully opened it, there on top was the purple hoodie you were looking for and you picked it up. You stood up and a photo fell out, you picked it up and knew you shouldn’t look so you picked it up and put it back. When you stood up again, Yoseob was standing in the doorway and frowning. You panicked “I didn’t see it…” he just stared and a sad smile formed on his perfect lips, “It’s ok, I should’ve remembered that I had it wrapped in that” he pointed at the hoodie, “You can look at it if you want, it’s just a picture of me as a kid with my parents” he said quietly “I was going to show you anyway” You smiled, he trusted you enough to show you part of his past, so you turned back to the suitcase and picked up the photo. It was adorable, “Aww, little Seobie!” you chimed and he stuck his tongue out at you, causing you to giggle as you looked back at the photo. Yoseob was about eight years old and was being hugged by both his parents. They all had warm smiles, like the smiles you and your parents used to share.

You felt warm, bare arms wrap around your waist and you tilted your head to see Yoseob behind you. “What’s up Yoseob?”you asked, unconsciously leaning into his chest and he chuckled “You still have my hoodie, so I got cold” and you promptly blushed. “O-Oh sorry! Here” and you lifted the hoodie towards him “But, you’re warm. I don’t wanna let go!” he pouted like a little kid down at you and you smiled, “Can’t we stay like this for a little longer, I’m still cold” he whined, you looked up at the hopeless seventeen year old and sighed (hoping to disguise your now red face)“Ok Seobie, but afterwards you have to out your hoodie on straight away!” He beamed “Ok” and he continued snuggling you to his chest, his body heat radiating off his skin.

A few minutes later he was still clinging to you and you said “Ok Seobie, I think you’re warm enough to put your hoodie on now” (even though you wouldn’t have minded staying in his embrace) he frowned “But I like it like this” you giggled, “Fine, how about this; you put on your hoodie and from now on I’ll give you hugs whenever you want, deal?” The older stared down at you and smiled brightly “Ok, but that’s a promise right?” you nodded and for the second time that day, you linked your pinky’s together. He quickly put his hoodie on and you made your way back to the kitchen.

After everyone finished their lunch, Mrs Lee asked if you and Yoseob could prepare dinner. You spent the next few hours talking while making the meals for everyone and with two of you working, it was finished early. Dinner went down well and you went back to your room after Yoseob helped you wash the dishes. “So where are we going tomorrow?” you asked, “Sorry, you’ll have to wait and find out” he said gleefully. “Fine” you pouted and went to the bathroom to go get changed, leaving Yoseob in your room. *I can’t wait until tomorrow, I’m not sure why but I just want to make her smile. She’s been so good to me, who knows; maybe she’ll grow to like me” he thought wistfully while chucking on some sweat pants and talking off his hoodie.  A chill hitting his skin, but it quickly passed.

You walked back in and sat on your bed, you were wearing a pair of boxers and a tank top for PJ’s “Aren’t you cold?” Yoseob asked, you shook your head “Nah, I don’t really get cold” you shrugged and pulled out the book you were reading last night. “Besides, you can’t say anything! You’re shirtless” you laughed and stuck your tongue out at the cute boy. He let out a melodious laugh that by itself was enough to make a grin tug at the corners of your mouth. Half an hour later you were fast asleep, but Yoseob wasn’t. He was lying on the bunk above you tossing and turning, he just couldn’t get comfortable. Last night he had fallen asleep easily and he couldn’t figure out why, he lay staring at the ceiling *what was so different? How did I fall asleep so quickly last night? Ugh, this is frustrating!* he thought, but then it hit him. He sat up and climbed down the ladder and looked at you in the dim light before lying down beside you and enveloping you in a warm embrace. He chuckled softly when you snuggled into his warmth, but what he wasn’t expecting was for your hands to rest on his chest while you were sleeping, closing the gap between you two. He smiled; he was finally feeling relaxed enough to sleep and after wrapping his arms around you a little tighter he nodded off. His firm but soft hug didn’t falter the entire night, partly because he didn’t wake up until morning but mostly because he didn’t want to let go.