Same room

Orphans Under the Mistletoe

The door closed with a click “Aish what is that woman thinking??” you sighed and turned to Yoseob (doing you best to ignore his very, toned abs) and said “You get changed in here; I’ll go to the bathroom ok?” You didn’t even wait for a reply before grabbing your PJ’s and walking out. Yoseob ran his hand though his bleached hair *I’m rooming with that girl! You’ve got to be kidding me, I’m staying on the same room with a girl around my age and she’s pretty…well !*he paced back and forth and them remembered he was supposed to get changed by the time you got back. He finished just before you walked in and noted that you were in shorts; he gave a sideways glance and blushed profusely when you caught him. You realised he still hadn’t put a shirt on and you said “You get the top bunk and also you should out a shirt on” he straightened up and replied “What if I don’t sleep with one?” you rolled your eyes “Whatever smartass” you laughed and crashed on your bed. What he did was his choice, so you pulled a book out from under the bed and started reading. You felt your mattress sink a bit and you looked up from your book to see Yoseob sitting on the edge of your bed.

“What is it Yoseob?” you asked unfazed, looking straight at him. “Is it always this hard on your first day?” he sighed, you knew he meant the first day at an orphanage, “I guess, my first day wasn’t so great either” you said, sitting up to make space for him. “…I only found out yesterday” he murmured, you gave a weak smile “Well your doing a lot better than I was the day after I found out” he looked at you, “How? Were you bawling your eyes out or something?” you chuckled “Nah, I was unconscious for a week” His eyes went wide and you couldn’t help but laugh “I’ll tell you sometime ok? Just not now, I’ve never told anyone at the orphanage because they’re too young” Yoseob was confused, “Aren’t their fourteen year olds here?” you shot him a look “There are…but I wouldn’t want to tell them, it would only scare them. How old are you?” you asked, “Seventeen” he replied and a smile broke out on your face “Finally someone older than me!” you said in triumph. Yoseob watched you *She’s got a gorgeous smile* he thought. On the outside he didn’t look so bad, but you could tell; on the inside he was a wreck. “You should get some sleep” you say as you slowly lay back down and he throws you a final thankful look before getting off your bed and climbing up to his own.

You woke around midnight to the sound of sobbing and it wasn’t your own. You sat up and listened, it was Yoseob and you could hear faint whispers of “omma…appa” you fisted some of you blanket beside you and then got up off your bed. Quietly climbing the ladder, you saw Yoseob’s sleeping face wet with tears, there was just enough space for you to sit on the edge and you squeezed in beside him. You leaned over and gently wiped the tears from his flawless face, his eyes fluttered open and he saw you “What the hell are you doing?” he sounded slightly hostile but you ignored it “Yah, you were crying in your sleep” you replied and weren’t surprised when his shining eyes widened. “How would you know??” “You woke me up” you replied, but then softened at his pained expression. He looked ashamed of himself and he rolled over so he wouldn’t have to face you, he almost flinched when he felt your hand tenderly pat his head.

“Don’t look at me” he sniffled, he sounded so embarrassed. But you didn’t move, “Why are you being so nice to me? I’ve been a total to you” you shook your head and he rolled back over to face you, “Right now you need someone, everyone’s the same on their first night and sometimes long after. But they all did the same as you, they all cried themselves to sleep not thinking anyone would care” he gave you a quizzical look “Why do you care about me anyway?” you looked at him with warm eyes, “Because I was there too, except no one was there to help me after my parents died. Sure I had Mrs Lee, but I met her weeks after and so it was harder for me to regain my happiness…and I don’t want that to happen to anyone else, I don’t want it to happen to you.” You said quietly. You could see Yoseob’s eyes glistening with all new tears, shame took over and he tried to turn away but you put a gentle hand on his shoulder and told him “It’s ok to cry, there’s nothing to be ashamed of” He stopped moving for a moment and then sat up and hugged you, “T-Thankyou” he whispered and started sobbing into your shoulder. You slowly wrapped your arms around the older, one hand on his back and the other still patting his head, all the while silently comforting him. After a few hours of talking, you really started to become friends and when you fell asleep, Yoseob was leaning on your shoulder and your cheek was resting on top of his head. What you didn’t notice was that you had fallen asleep holding hands.