Hallucination

Hallucination

 

Flashing red lights filled the dark streets. Sirens are blasted throughout the still neighborhood. People who have been woken up by the sudden disturbance look out their bedroom window. There they see a pair of police cars and an ambulance rushing through and then pulling up to a small home just at the end of the street. Some decide to go back to bed while others continue to watch the scene unravel by the seams.

 

A young girl stands outside of the house with blood smeared over her clothed body. She holds a blood-drenched knife loosely at the palm of her hands. The young girl wears an almost neutral expression as she sheds unending rivers of tears. The knife falls and the clattering is unbearably loud to the ears of the traumatized girl. She looks at her trembling hands covered in blood that was not her own. A cop tells the girl to put her hands up, but she does not. The outside voices are being drowned out as a crippling buzz makes its way to the girl’s ear way. Suddenly, events that happened just a few minutes ago flashes through the girl’s thoughts. The images are unbearably painful.

 

Saya falls onto the ground. Unconscious and mentally crippled.

 

~*~*~

 

15 years have passed and everything has changed. It is still unknown to what triggered Saya to behave in such a violent way that night. To leave three dead and one in critical condition astonishes me to this very day. It has taken me a whole year to forgive my once friend for doing this murderous act for I believe that she was not in her right of mind at that time. I’ve forgiven her and yet whenever I see her, a sort of bitter feeling surges through my body.

 

My relationship with Saya has dissolved into nothingness as the years passed on. It took a second for me to realize that she no longer remembers me when she introduced herself at our very first meeting after the incident. It seems that Saya locked up a part of her memories that pertained to that event… including me.

 

~*~*~

 

I’ve noticed that the nurses working in the institution often inject Saya with this clear liquid. I later found out that it was a type of hallucinogen that prevents Saya from going “berserk” like last time. You can say that she is living in a world of… hallucinations.

 

 


Sorry for the short and crappy ending. Maybe read some of my other stories for a better ending or... whatever.