-21st November 2007-

Lost Brothership

He was sitting at the desk, back bent and head lowered. The work wasn’t even near done, and all he wanted to do was sleep. He really should’ve had that coffee this morning, however late it would’ve made him.  His eyes felt heavy and when he spoke, it sounded slurred.

It was only the day after his 21st birthday. The previous day, he’d spent at his mother’s house. YoungSuk had been there as well. She’d been as attention seeking as normal.

His mother had gotten him a new watch, which was still in its box on his desk at home. And his sister had gotten him a cheap pair of socks.

“Jang! I need that report on my desk by tomorrow morning, got it?” called his boss from across the room who had his head poked out the door of his office.

GeunSuk was startled at first, and when he finally realised, his boss had a concerned expression. “Y-yes sir.” He said, rubbing his eye.

“No slacking off now! You can sleep when you’re dead.” He disappear back into his office, shutting the door behind him.

GeunSuk stretched his arms above his head, hoping it would at least brighten his eyes a little, but he was still nearly falling off his seat. So this was what no coffee in the morning felt like…

Hell.

He walked over to the water machine, taking the long way around so that he could pass Kim Hana’s desk. He’d had a crush on her since his first day working at this office, but he’d never had the courage to actually talk to her.

Her hair was long and wavy, and it was the darkest of browns. It was always so shiny, and it looked so soft that sometimes GeunSuk fantasised about running his hands through it. Her face was slim and her eyes were the most beautiful colour of blue.

GeunSuk almost walked into the wall because his stare was set on her. He sighed, and turned to the water machine, taking a cup. Thinking about Hana made his mind wonder to his sister. He thought how they’d get on. Go for girly outings and have tea.

But that also brought SeungHyun to mind. GeunSuk had never really liked how he treated his sister. She could be annoying at times, but GeunSuk loved her. He was his baby sister. And even though his sister would jump in front of a bus for him, SeungHyun had never truly ‘loved’ YoungSuk. He took her for granted thinking that she would always dote on him.

GeunSuk never really approved of them dating in the first place. He remembered exactly when it happened. And he always sort of knew that YoungSuk had liked SeungHyun.