Chapter 4

Still Learning

"He told you huh," Yoochun leaned in and whispered in my ear. I turned around and found him smiling widely. 

"He told you?" I asked him. 

"Duh of course. Besides from you, Junsu and I know everything about that man. We knew for a long time already," Yoochun smirked.

"How long?" 

"Years. It's obviously the reason why he couldn't keep a girlfriend for more than a few months at a time," Yoochun explained. I looked across the room and watched as Jaejoong and Junsu were screaming and laughing at each other during their ping pong game. 

"I don't believe it. I still think Jaejoong is crazy," I told Yoochun. 

"Oh believe it Rika. You know a few years ago, I made a random comment about how I thought you were pretty and that I wanted to ask you out on a date. You know what that bastard did?" 

I raised my eyebrow at Yoochun suspiciously. "You wanted to ask me out?" 

"Of course I did. Any male in a 10 yard radius wants to ask you out. Anyway, I only just casually mentioned it in front of Jaejong and he nearly punched me in the face. I swear I've never seen him get so angry at me before. All because of you." Yoochun explained.

"I wondered why he never really liked any of the guys I dated," I told Yoochun.

"Well obviously," Yoochun rolled his eyes. "Don't even get me started on how bad of a mood he was in whenever you were dating people. We've been telling him for years he has feelings for you and he always denied it until recently. I don't know what happened but a spark lit up in his brain and at least he finally confessed to you."

"You're telling me," I said, thinking back to last night and earlier this morning. "What are my parents going to say about this?" I pondered out loud. 

"Are you kidding me Rika?" Yoochun asked. "Auntie is best friends with Jaejoong's mom. I'm pretty sure they'll be thrilled." 

"Ugh. Oh god," I rested my head on Yoochun's muscular arms and he turned around slightly, back facing Jaejoong, and enveloped me in a tight hug. "Let's just say, if Jaejoong wasn't my best friend, I might be the one you'd be dating now," he whispered. I pushed against his chest and looked up at his warm eyes, trying to figure out if what he was saying was real. Yoochun was a flirt too but this time, he was looking at me seriously. "The man is serious Rika, believe me," Yoochun smiled. I sighed and embraced Yoochun again, resting my head against his chest.

"Thank you Yoochun ah," I said. 

"And if things don't work out, hey, at least I'd be a pretty good back up right?" he joked.

"Yoochun!!" I gasped. 

"I'm kidding!" He laughed. "Now before Jaejoong kills me for standing here and doing all this skinship with you for this long, please let's just go play with them so he won't pick a fight with me later" I threw him a large smile and we walked over to the other two to play alongside them. 

The rest of the afternoon involved us lounging around Junsu's house with his brother and cousins playing all sorts of games. All of us knew each other for a long time already and we were even able to drag Junsu's mom and dad to play a few rounds of ping pong after Christmas lunch. 

"You ready to go?" Jaejoong asked as he walked towards me. I was sitting on the couch playing with my phone, too pooped by now to engage in anymore crazy activities. 

"I'm tired," I yawned. "Auntie Kim's cooking was too good." Jaejoong sat down next to me and patted my thigh. "Let's go home then?" he asked. "We can rest at home," he suggested. 

I nodded my head. Jaejoong pulled me off the couch and we waved our goodbyes and gave our thanks and Christmas blessings to the rest of the family before walking out of their house together. The minute we were seated in the car and Jaejong had the engine, Jaejoong grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers, once again shocking me by his sudden moves. I still wasn't used to all this, knowing that these kind of personal touches were now "allowed" and that I wasn't limited by just hugs which was kind of where we used to draw the line before yesterday happened. Jaejoong raised our hands and kissed them lightly, turning towards me and smiling. "What do you want to do when we get back?" he asked casually.

"Let's watch a movie?" I asked, looking at him to see if he wanted to or not.

"Good idea, you pick the movie then. I'll make the popcorn and get the wine," Jaejoong said.

"How are you still hungry enough to eat popcorn?"

"It doesn't feel right watching a movie without popcorn!" he argued. "You know that."

"Oh fine okay," I knew Jaejoong and I knew his obsession with having popcorn on the side every time we watched movies together. 

At home, I got to work, looking through my movie collection and thinking about which one I haven't seen in awhile. 

"Hey! No chick flicks!" Jaejoong yelled from the kitchen suddenly.

"Hey! You said I could pick the movie!" I yelled back. 

"Ok but no chick flicks!" Jaejoong retorted. 

"Ughhhh....that man," I muttered to myself. 

"That man what?" Jaejoong smirked, popping up suddenly by the couch, popcorn bowl in hand and a bottle of wine in the other. He dropped the items off at the table and walked towards me. "I'm waiting Rika...."

I rolled my eyes. Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at me. "Oo this one! I want to watch this one!'" Jaejoong pointed at one of the DVDs I held in my hand. 

"Captain America?" I asked. He nodded and drifted away again. I looked at his back and shrugged, popping in the DVD and getting it set up before he came back. Jaejoong returned in a few minutes, this time he had changed into his sweat pants and grey t-shirt with two glasses in one hand and a big blanket in the other. This guy knew my house better than I did because where in the world did he find that blanket anyway?? 

"Are you going to change?" he asked, looking at me up and down, still wearing my jeans and sweater.

"Yes obviously." I walked by him on the way to my bedroom but he grabbed my waist and turned me around to face him. 

"Hey," he said looking down at me. I gulped. "Hey..." I said back. 

He leaned down. "I can't wait for you to get back," he whispered, placing a fluttering kiss on my ear. I small tingle shot down my spine as I heard his words reverberate through my entire body....