Chapter 3

Still Learning

"Rika....wake up!" 

I felt my shoulders shake and shrugged his hand off me. 

"Rika!!!!" Jaejoong called louder. 

"Whaaaaat!!!" I groaned. "Jae, just let me sleep in okay?" 

"You can't!" 

"Why not. Go away Jae." 

"Is this how you're going to treat me after last night?" Jaejoong asked. 

"Only when you're waking me up and I still want to sleep," I mumbled. "You said nothing will change between us and you know just as well that I like to sleep in."

"That's not fair Erika," Jaejoong tried to reason. 

"What's not fair? You said it yourself last night," I retorted. I grabbed the blankets and pulled them higher up and curled up comfortably in my warm bed. 

"Ok fine, be that way," Jaejoong huffed. I heard him get up from bed and stomp off to somewhere else. Truth be told, I felt a little bad with my attitude this morning but a sleepy me was not a happy me and Jaejoong knew I loved my sleep. Hah. Let's see what he'll actually think of me when I'm his "girlfriend." The man was out of his mind. I thought about it last night before I fell asleep and I ultimately came to the conclusion that Jaejoong was probably not thinking clearly. Me and him...we were meant to be friends and friends only. We weren't meant to date each other. We would probably kill each other first. The first example was this morning. Sighing softly, I let out a breath slowly, urged myself to let my thoughts drift away and fall back into a deep sleep. 

--

"Rika....wake up!!" Jaejoong shook my shoulder again. I immediately reach my hand out and swatted him away. "It's like 11 o'clock already. Why are you still sleeping? It's Christmas today!" 

"It's freezing. I don't want to get out of bed. Who cares if it's Christmas?" I mumbled and pulled the blanket over my head. 

Jaejoong laughed and I felt his weight on the bed as he sat down nexto me. "You never cared too much about Christmas. But I care. It's our first Christmas together." 

"What do you mean? We've spent like a million Christmas' together. How is this any different?" I asked. Before I knew it, Jaejoong had pulled my blanket away from me, exposing my body for the world to see and reached down and tugged on my . 

"Because I get to do this freely and lavish your body like never before," he smirked. I was so flustered that I couldn't form a retort before he pushed the blanket completely off of me and towards the foot of the bed. He dipped his head down and captured my lips that were already opened because I was so shocked at what he just did. He kissed me softly and gently until I couldn't do anything else but return his playfulness. I moaned inside his mouth unconsciously and the edges of his lips curled up in satisfaction. He pulled away first and grinned. "Merry Christmas Rika," he said softly. He walked to my closet and pulled out a box with a ribbon wrapped around it. "Here, open it," he told me. 

I looked at him in surprise and finally sat up in my bed as as I was born. I pulled open the ribbon and lifted the lid of the box. Inside was a beautiful light pink silk tank top and shorts piece. I removed the clothing and underneath it was a card. 

Merry Christmas Rika, Jaejoong had written. I continued to read it. I know you think I'm out of my mind. I knew you would think that way. But I'm telling you again that I'm not crazy. I'm completely real and as honest as I've ever been to you. I refuse to date another girl that's not you and I'll be devastated if you date someone who's not me (so that guy you're talking to at work, tell him it's not going to work out). Please give me a chance to prove that we can be best friends and lovers. Always yours, Jaejoong

I looked up and blinked, surprised when a tear fell down my face. Then I laughed because I was so shocked that I was crying. Jaejoong immediately reached his hands out and wiped away my wet eyes with his thumbs. "I know I joke around with you a lot Rika, but this isn't a joke," he said seriously. 

i nodded my head in understanding. "Okay," I whispered. 

"Okay? That's all? Just okay?" he asked. 

"Mhmm, okay," I reiterated. 

"So that guy at work...." he trailed off. I laughed again at his reference to my new pretty good-looking coworker that I had been babbling about to Jaejoong just a few days ago. 

"Dammit. And I had a feeling he might be asking me out soon if we just talked a little bit more," I joked.

Jaejoong gasped. "You didn't tell me that part! You're withholding information from me!" 

"I am not, I just wasn't sure if he actually would yet so I didn't say anything!" 

"You still didn't tell me!"

"Well, if he does ask me now, I'll turn him down politely and say I'm dating a man who I've known for a very long time," I said simply.

Jaejoong grinned. He reached over, grabbed the gift he got me, and handed it to me. "Here, put this on," he said. I took the tank top and shorts from him. 

"Can I at least get a bra and underwear first?" I asked him. 

"Underwear yes. Bra? I don't think you need one," he laughed. He got off the bed and rummaged through my dresser. Finally he picked out a pair of lacy peach colored and brought it over. "Nice taste in underwear Rika," he said approvingly. 

"Whatever. As if I care what you think about my underwear," I said while rolling my eyes. "Now would you go away so I can dress in peace?" 

"What's wrong with me being here?" he asked with a hurt expression. 

"It's too weird. At least give me some time to get used to you," I told him. 

"What's there to get used to? I'm always around you anyway!" 

"Uh....yea. You're around me when I'm already dressed. Not when I'm looking like this," I pointed out sarcastically. Jaejoong leaned over and kissed my cheek before he casually walked out of the room. 

"Junsu's family is having a Christmas lunch. We're invited so hurry up!" he yelled from down the hall. 

"What? You're just telling me now?" I yelled back. 

"Our relationship didn't change THAT much right?" he called.

"God damn you Jae!" 

All I heard was Jaejoong's laughter as I groaned and finally got up from bed.