Flashback #2 - Jaebum

Am I Really Gonna Be OK Without You?

In the next two days, Jaebum hyung seemed to still performing his best whether it on the practices, off air shows, or even in the TV programmes. He is a professional when it comes to the business. No viewers or other people noticed that he actually had a big problem, the biggest one, probably. There's only few people that recognized the changes of his behaviour and those are none other but our team mates, cordy noonas, and definetely our manager.

 

Some of them asked him directly while the others asked to Minjae hyung and me since both of us were the closest person to him. But neither me nor Minjae hyung spoke up even just a bit. Same went for Jaebum hyung himself. So, it's still a mystery for them all. 

 

Then, there's a moment where Nichkhun hyung was about to ask me what his problem was when our manager called us all, 2PM members, to gather in the meeting room. I knew that something's bad would happen and that related to Jaebum's. 

 

All of us could see that Jaebum hyung's face was so pale and he sweated a lot. Taecyeon hyung sat next to him. He is the smartest person among us and I believe that he knew something terrible had happened before, involving the leader. 

 

Jay, what's this all about? When will you share to us? Aren't we friends, family?

 

All that Jaebum hyung could do was put his head down onto the table. When Taecyeon hyung tried to open his mouth again, I hold his hand and shaked my head, giving him "please don't say a word anymore" look.

 

But, it's Nichkhun hyung who spoke up his wondering mind. 

Hey, I really don't get it! Please, anyone who knew something, tell us!

 

He looked to us, one by one, with his sharp look, eagered to have any explanations. I just could look to him directly in the eyes for he would realize that I knew what's going on. Thanks to our manager that he, even sounded hurt, calmly said.

 

I know you guys wondering what is the curret situation, but wait for boss to come here and explain it to you. Please just wait

 

And not for long, the sliding door's opened fast and closed with a bang sound. It was JYP, our boss, who just entered the meeting room and sat in the middle front side of the meeting room. Then, instantly he punched the table and shouted.

 

Park Jaebum! How could you!?

 

Our leader, who stayed silent from the first time we gathered in the room, suddenly started to sob. His voice was heavy and all that he could say was

 

I'm so sorry!

 

Then he cried loudly in front of us who were shocked by our boss' action and Jaebum hyung's reaction.

 

---tbc---