Flashback #1 - Jaebum

Am I Really Gonna Be OK Without You?

There was 3 o'clock in the morning when Jaebum hyung woke me up. I didn't know what happened to him, but with my blurry eyes as the effect of being awaken up that sudden, I could still see clearly his panic face. He was so pale, sweat came running down his head, and he could barely breath.

I jumped off the couch where which I slept and followed the leader to the balcony. He closed down the glass door behind us and after that he sat on the floor instantly, it seemed more like he fell.

 

Wooyoung-ah... Ottokae!?

 

He cried so hard but not too loud. It's really a very rare thing to see him like that. Jaebum hyung is a cheerful person and on the other side he is a serious and charismatic leader. It really shocked me that moment. I sat beside him and held him tight by the shoulder. His body was shaking like he was scared. So I tightened up my grip.

 

Hyung, what happened?

 

Jaebum hyung didn't say anything but turned his body to me and hugged me. He cried a river at my embrace. It hurted me to see him like that. So, I let him poured out all his sorrow. All i could do was silently comforting him.

After a while, he became more calm. He loosened up his grip around my neck, sat next to me, and just laid his head on my shoulder. His sight was empty. He looked straight to the front. Maybe he was still thinking something in mind of how could bad things happened to him. It didn't take long, the wondering, as Jaebum hyung got closer to my ear and whisperred all his problems to me. I could not believe in what I heard. It was like time had stopped for a moment. 

 

I turn my head to meet his red eyes. Jaebum hyung looked like an abandoned child wishing for being given food to save him from the starve and being given home to save him from any harm. He nodded and gave me sign to get closer to him once more as he wanted to continue his story, still by whispering.

He told me the whole truth and sobbed few times. When he finished the talk, I just can't help but cried along with him. How could on Earth he had to face that kind of trouble. Moreover, how would the company, our boss, our manager, our staff, and of course our team members react to that. 

 

God gave me no time to even wonder the possibilities because I started to panic as Jaebum hyung lost his consciousness and fell to the floor. Maybe he ran out of energy, hell, who would not!?

Tried so hard not to wake anyone, I lifted Jaebum hyung's body to his room and laid him on his own bed. I didn't even want to leave his side. So, I just sat there on the floor and let my head lay on his side, cried without a sound.

 

---tbc---