Flashback #3 - Jaebum

Am I Really Gonna Be OK Without You?

All the people in meeting room remained silent. The only sound could be heard was Jae. He's crying out loud tearing everyone's heart. Wooyounh sat beside him and comforting his back, tears also streamed down his cheek. It torn him to see his leader, his best friend, his closest person in group like that, yet he had still no idea why he acted like that. 

JYP didn't stay any words at all that moment. He just sat still on his seat. His eyes looked nowhere but straight to the front, focused on invisible point. His mind battled inside. He tried his best to control his emotion, his anger. 

After minutes that seemed like long miserable years, the company owner spoke with fierce tone.

 

Here's the resolution. I can not take any other options. Jaebum has to exit the group and move out from this country as soon as possible.

 

There, like a striking lightning in the middle of sunny day, like a destroying  streaming water hit the coral, the statement made all of the people shocked.  Jaebum could not hold hos sadness and it seemed like he ran out of energy as he dropped his body right to Wooyoung embrace. He laid his head on the younger's shoulder.

It is Taecyeon who spoke up, breaking the deadly silence.

 

Hey, hey, Boss, what are you talking about!? What is wrong? Did Jay do something that terrible to make him has to out of the group? He is our leader for God sake!

 

JYP sent a killing stare at the Boston boy. 

 

Are shouting to me Taec!?

 


Then, just tell us what happen!

 

Nichkhun who sat beside Taecyeon held him by the hand and tried to calm him. 

 

Calm Taec! And Hyung, please explain the whole situation so we could discuss it and make solutions

 

Then, JYP with the sharp tones, informed the problems, in detail. The cause, the current situation, the implications, the options, just all. Everyone's eyes wide opened, their heartbeat rushed so hard. They couldn't believed in what they just heard. 

Wooyoung who held Jaebum, froze where he sat. He cried soundlessly, but his body shoke so hard to make the leader said sorry to him and to all the people in that room. 

 

Hyung... How could you...

Junho and Chansung spoke in the same time. 

Wooyoung hugged Jaebum, followed by Taecyeon and Nichkhun. Junsu, Junho, and Chansung added the circle of hug from outside. They cried together. Every single moment that they had shared, played on their minds. They did not want to separate from their leader. But, they had to and there's nothing they could do to avoid it.

 

Look, I'll make sure to cover it up! So people, especially your fans, won't find the truth. But, I can't assure you that the situation will be better. So, prepare for the worst, which is he must exit the group and you all have to bear with it.

 

With that, JYP hugged them once and left the room to overcome the case. A single tear escaped from his eyes. He, like 2PM members, was sad, too. The problems torn him inside but he had to stay strong, at least in front of his dongsaengs.

Taecyeon was the first to let out the hugged, but the rest remained still. He exited the room, made call to his best friend, Seulong, who's the member of 2PM brother's group, 2AM. He just wanted the other four people united together for the last time. They must be together in the very last moment. 

In no time, Kwon, Seulong, Changmin, and Jinwoon came into the room. Together, the eleven boy of One Day sat in circle, cried together. 

 

* * *

 

The following day, as planned, somebody who's been paid by JYP made an issue on the internet. And BOOM! Netizens took the issue Like fishes on the pond consumed their foods. In very short time, there was a chaos in Kpop industry.

Yes, just like what JYP thought, people could not accept it. They wanted Jaebum to move out from Korean. There's a crowd in front of JYPE building and 2PM dorm. Like demonstrants, they yelled, they accused, they forced Jaebum to immediately go abroad.

Seeing that, Jaebum did nothing but seeing blankly. Nichkhun who stood beside him, just hugged him.

 

I'm sorry Khun! I was so stupid. I didn't think of the consequences. Now, I hurt everyone, the people, the fans, the company's workers, the boss, the members, and.. him. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but...

 

Ssh! No matter what happen, we are sworn brother! Just don't make the same mistake in the future. This terrible situation is way better than THE REAL CASE. I just hope that won't find the truth, ever.

 

I can thank you enough, for everything. If I may, I have one last request and I'm sure you are the only one who could make it

 


Anything Jay



...please, hmm

Yes?

Please take care of the one that we both love! He will need you more than ever, especially after I'm gone.

You don't have to ask something that I do everyday.

I know you do. But, just promise me that you'll never leave him like I have to do now.

I swear! You can keep my words! There's nothing I won't do to make him happy.

Glad to hear that!

 

Both of them didn't realize the one they talked about was standing still behind the room's door, hearing everything. He cried silently with his arms covered his mouth, preventing any sounds to escape. There's mixed feeling inside his heart, knowing the conversation of his two favorites hyungs.

 

* * *

 

Finally, the worst day had come. The day when the leader of 2PM had to exited the group and move out from the country. 

 

Here it is. Please make this hyung proud! You have to make 2PM reach it's glory! I know you all can do it, together! From this now on, I'll be gone and I'm sure there's no way of me coming back to this group, this family. You have to stay strong, do as you've been told, and keep the hardwork ethic.

 

Jaebum hugged the other members one by one.

 

I hope this worst day won't happen ever again. I wish you all goodluck!

 

Chansung, the magnae of the member, said heroic words, 

 

Thanks! Hyung, once and for ever, whether inside or outside the group, you are 2PM leader, our leader.

 

And they made circle hug, held each other shoulders, before took the leave to the airport where Jaebum will depart to America. 

 

-tbc-