Eight.

Your Heart

I recommend reading this while listening to Don't Go by EXO

*

" Doctor, is he ok ? "

C.A.P's face was plastered with worry, lips quivering in fear. He didn't want to hear what the doctor had to say but he had to.  The Doctor's face was scrunched up, he was at a loss for words. He didn't know how he was going to explain Ricky's state , he sighed deeply and looked at C.A.P dead in the eye.

" Ricky.. is serverely injured. His is ruptured, multiple friction burns in his nether regions, also bruises near the chest area. He's lucky to have made it here, whoever did this to him is a monster. " He shook his head lightly, grabbing the leader's shoulder , " For now he's in an induced coma, it will help him recover faster but as to whether he will wake up after that... it's his choice. Do your best to encourage him and give him a reason to wake up. I can guess that after such a traumatising experience, he will need it. "

C.A.P didn't know how to respond to the doctor's words, all he could say was thank you. He looked into the ward through the window, nearly obscured by the blinds. Ricky looked so peaceful lying there, it was as if nothing could harm him and C.A.P supposed this was better. Whoever had hurt him, wouldn't be able to now but little did he know the wolf was disguised in sheep's clothing.

He texted Changjo, who had returned the dorm to inform the rest of the members about Ricky.

-

12:56 am

To: Dancing Dongsaeng

-----------------------------------

Did they take it well ?

~

12:58 am

To: Leader Hyung

-----------------------------------

I don't really know how to explain but they were pretty shaken.

~

01:00 am

To : Dancing Dongsaeng

------------------------------------

I see, it's late now. I'll watch Ricky

Come visit tomorrow ! Good night

~

01:03 am

To: Leader Hyung

------------------------------------

Araso, try to get some sleep too hyung!

Goodnight!

-

He smiled at his cute dongsaeng, changjo was the most thoughtful and he was glad that he had him to count on at times like this. He didn't realise he was still standing outside the ward until a nurse approached him.

" Mister, what are you doing standing outside ? "

" Ah , mianhae, I was just going in. "

He chuckled nervously before going into the ward. There was a deathly chill in the room, he had never liked hospitals. He avoided it at all costs, making sure he would never fall sick. Too many deaths and broken hearts had occurred in a single place, C.A.P couldn't imagine the number of tears people had shed in here. He shivered at the thought of it, secretly praying he would never have to do the same because he needed Ricky too much. Ever since his trainee days, Ricky's liveliness had been his source of energy and meaning to press on even though his heart and mind was telling him to give up. It was because of Ricky that he could become part of the Teen Top that everybody loves today. He sat down on a chair beside Ricky's bed, reaching out to hold his hand in his. Wary of a bruise on the back of his palm, he rubbed it gingerly. When did your skin become so soft ?

He placed butterfly kisses on each of his fingers, then on each of his knuckles.

                                            I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you and had my one soul stolen
                                                 Because I am completely drunk at your movements, I even forgot how to breath
e

He didn't realise how much he had fallen for a shy, clumsy kid, he wasn't special, he wasn't good looking but something about him made C.A.P hold his breath everytime. He was always on edge around Ricky, constantly anticipating his movements and he was surprised each time. He couldn't forget their first win on various music programmes, how Ricky was in tears and had hugged him ever so tightly. He was stunned, heart pounding so fast ; he had forgotten how to breathe. His head was light and he was blinded. It was a kind of bliss he had only experienced at night when everyone was fast asleep.

                                                                        Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can’t take my eyes off of you
                                                                             My eyes naturally follow you every time you walk

Ricky wasn't the best dancer, but he had passion. Whenever he danced, he could feel the surge of energy emitting from Ricky's body. He worked harder than any of the members, eager to prove himself worthy but in C.A.P's eyes , he was more than worthy. He didn't understand why Ricky wasn't the most popular member. Sure, he wasn't the first member a passer by would spot in the streets but once you do, your eyes would never stop following him. He was just that breathtaking. He could make your toes curl in one second and your heart melt in another. He was warm, on a winter day. C.A.P's body naturally found Ricky's enveloping the unsuspecting maknae in a tight hug. At first it would take the maknae by surprise and it would be uncomfortable but soon enough, it was second nature. Sometimes, Ricky's body found C.A.P's. When the other members felt cold, both of them would be warm. Even if it was a hot summer day, Ricky would be a spring breeze. Ever so refreshing.

                                                         Guide me yeah take me together with you to the place where you live
                                            Oh even if the world ends, I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of sight
              

It was chuseok and everyone was going home for the holidays except for C.A.P. They weren't allowed to travel out of the country so he couldn't visit his family currently staying in San Francisco. Everyone did feel sorry for him and tried to comfort him but he knew that their hearts were preoccupied with something else. He planned to stay in the dorm, hit the gym and compose some music but a naive Ricky approached him, tugging on the hem of his shirt.

" Hyung..... Do you w-want to come back to Sillim-Dong with me ? "

He bit his lip softly, embarrassed by his suggestion. C.A.P swore there and then he could've taken Ricky but he maintained composure..unwillingly.

" I wouldn't want to impose. " Waving his hands, trying to shoo him away.

" B-but, it pains me to see you so lonely during the holiday season.. you've worked so hard as our leader... jebal ? "

For some reason, Ricky felt like crying - he really wanted to spend this chuseok with C.A.P and his own family. Especially with C.A.P since he knew how hard it was to communicate with his parents since they're so far overseas. " Araso, araso " He couldn't help smile at the cute maknae, always so caring , always knowing how to calm a troubled heart. He ruffled the maknae's hair and pulled him in for hug. " Komawo.. " He could feel Ricky heat up, he must be blushing . They didn't know how long they stayed that away, he inhaled Ricky's scent. you smell like spring. He found himself tightening the hug, you're so slim ricky-ya. On the other hand, Ricky felt like he was going to be crushed because his leader hyung was so strong. He lightly patted C.A.P's back. 

" Uhm.. Hyung ? " 

" Hm ? " 

" I can't breathe " 

C.A.P hyung immediately released him from his grasp and Ricky wheezed, exaggerating his breathlessness to make his hyung feel guilty. 

" Gwenchana !? " C.A.P rubbed Ricky's back, trying to help him breathe. In a panic state, he almost called for help when Ricky didn't say anything ; panting like he was out of air. There was tears in Ricky's eyes and fear in C.A.P's voice." Ya, Ricky, don't scare me ! " Holding Ricky by the arms, he swallowed hard. 

" Nan..... GWENCHANTA ! " Ricky suddenly shouted, laughing hard almost falling over the bed. C.A.P didn't know if he was relieved or angry, he just stared at the hysterical maknae in front him. 

" Ya ! You ! You really scared me ! I thought you were going to run out of breath ! " 

" Mianhae hyung but I really was going to run out of breathe because you hugged me so tightly. This is my little revenge ! " Ricky chuckled. He gave the still in shock C.A.P a peck on cheek before prancing out of the room. " YOU SHOULD START PACKING HYUNG ! " In the end, lovestruck C.A.P couldn't help but smile, he was really happy. 

                                                                               Even  when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh
                                                                                                   This walk that I’m dreaming
                                                                                              You’re my only beautiful butterfly
           

All these thoughts, flashed by in an instant making him realise how much time has passed between them and how precious their memories together had become. RIght now, as Ricky laid on the hospital bed - his heart started to sink to the bottom. The thought of Ricky never waking up had crossed his mind, he could see Ricky's heart monitor become a straight line and eventually his body disappear in group photos he was once part of. How fragile life is, how fragile humanity is. He struggled to keep his vision clear, his eyes were red and the tears were threatening to fall. Ricky was like a butterfly, beautiful and often he brought joy to anyone who crossed it's path but he was weak and was easily hurt. " Please wake up. I need you, I love you. I love you so much. Please Ricky ya. " He let his guard down once again, giving it all to Ricky. He couldn't stop, he hadn't cried this hard before he was surprised. Surprised at how much he loved  Ricky. He all the more needed Ricky by his side now. " Please. " He begged with all his heart, his teeth were gritted together.

He continued to cry. Please, please, please, please, please ... Even if you disappear, take me with you. He thought back to all the nights, Ricky had come to his room because he had a nightmare and confided in him about it. How Ricky wrapped his small arms around C.A.P's bigger frame. How Ricky would whisper to him, " Hyung, with you I'm no longer afraid. " He prayed and wished that he could rewind to those nights and stop time, where morning would never come and Ricky would never leave his arms because when dawn broke, Ricky would forget about him and would go to where L.Joe hyung was. Ricky never realised, he always thought it was a dream ; by the time Ricky had awaken, C.A.P had brought him back to his own room. He never said a word about it, it was like a little secret.

The only time, C.A.P could capture his only beautiful butterfly and keep in a jar. 

*

Hehe annyeong, 

OMONA 1000 VIEWS !! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT THUS FAR

SUBSCRIBERS, READERS, THOSE THAT COMMENT ( badvolkan91 this one is for you <3 )

This is a little fluffy, since the previous chapters were pretty angsty and I fear that the next few might be alittle angsty too :-( mian mian!

Anyway the song I used in this fic, is one of my favourite songs of all time. I cried when I heard it haha.

I hope you guys liked this chapter & I will update soon <3

`ppyong ~!

 

Photo Cr : capji