Seven.

Your Heart

Love is a bad memory
Love is a hurt memory

*

" You ruined my life , you made me suffer.
 The only ' friend ' i had was you.
 Everyone looked at me with those eyes,
 Like I should die
 And I really felt like I should've
 But as much as I hate you...Whatever "
 
Is this a dream ?
What is this ?
Water ? Ah no, it's tears
L.joe hyung is crying ?
He looks so sad
Hyung, don't  cry
Please hyung, I love you
 
-
Ah i'm supposed to help L.Joe hyung collect some stuff from his apartment for tomorrow's flight to Hong Kong. Ah but I forgot what I was supposed to collect. Geez, I'll think about it when I get there. The key's in my left pocket.
 
I left the dorm, , I never realised how cold it had gotten in a just a night just yesterday I was still in a pullover now I have to pile on a parka and a coat.
I shuddered as the cold wind hit my face, I'd better hurry if not I'm gonna be a Changjo-sicle. I chuckled to myself as I thought it was pretty genius. I walked down the street passing by the cafe that Ricky was always cooped up in. He must love this cafe alot if he comes here almost everyday. Ricky is close to L.Joe hyung too, he goes to hyung's apartment quite often to clean up when he's too lazy to come back to the dorm. Where is the key again ? I pursed my lip hard thinking about where hyung told me the key was.
 
Ah! Under the 2nd flower pot ! I continued walking, taking in the bright lights and chatter of all the teenagers. So many good looking people, I thought to myself, spotting no little amount of ulzzangs taking selcas. The warmness of city filled me up quickly, and it felt like the fatigue seeped away as I continued my journey to hyung's house. Passing by a ddeukbokki shop, I couldn't simply just walk away from it. The cold weather tempted me even more, the nice looking ahjumma complimented my looks asking me if I'm returning to my hometown for this christmas season and that if I'm a goodboy, hometown ? I wasn't so sure but goodboy ? Obviously... eh heh. I payed and thanked her , wishing her well. The ddeukbokki was simply delicious, I wasn't one for streetfood but this was different. This was a goodnight, it was as if a weight was lifted off my shoulder and my footsteps felt light. Before I knew it, I was already at L.Joe's apartment complex. It was pretty luxurious and I was excited to see what it was like inside, will there be a game console ? An XBOX maybe ? Ah I'm so excited.
 
The elevator couldn't go any slower, i felt like an idiot for being so excited ; maybe it's because other than my parents and the team I never really got a chance to live alone or visit someone who lived alone. Ah what am I saying, I scurried down the corridor to hyung's apartment. Wow, hyung sure likes plants, gaping at the line of potted plants outside his apartment. They were well taken care of and they were blooming brightly. Which second plant is he talking about ? It's either the camellias or the roses. I knew I would rack my brain trying to think about it so I decided to deal with it by flipping a coin. Heads for camellias and toes for roses.
 
Roses it is.
 
I lifted up the pot and there it was, a key and a piece of paper. Lady Luck was surely on my side, I smiled to myself and I opened the door and keyed in the doorcode.
 
7..2..4..0..8
 
I wonder what it means.
 
 -
It felt like I stepped into a hotel, the room was  decorated in browns and blacks, hints of white bringing the whole room together. The was an elevation between the kitchen and living room, a little stairs up and a little stairs down. He had a flatscreen TV installed into the wall and not one, but two game consoles, XBOX 360 and a PS3. What a life ! L-shaped sofa and glass dining table. It was a really warm setting. The hallway was long and he said his stuff was in the very last room. I looked at all the pictures hanged on the hallway, there was his family, the team and then a lot of pictures of him and Ricky. They're really close, ah i'm jealous.
I opened the door - whatever light hearted feeling I had was quickly replaced with fear and utter terror.
 
" R-ricky ! " He was lying down on the floor, , bruises all over and he was bleeding from his hand and .. and.. , like he was - ! Oh no ! my hands flew up to my face, I squated down and poked him to see if he was still alive. I heard a small grunt coming from his voice , so I put my finger to his nose. Oh praise the Lord, he's alive. I quickly carried him up to the bed, was he always so light ? I ran to the kitchen to get him water and called C.A.P  hyung to tell him what happened.
 
" Ya, you know what time it is ? Where are you ? "
" Mian hyung, I'm at L.Joe's house and and and... "
" and what ? and do you know where Ricky is ? "
" Well it's about Ricky ? "
" What happened to him ? " C.A.P's voice got low and I was afraid to say anymore.
" Just come over please, I'll text you the address. "
" Araso, wait for me. "
 
I heard him sigh before hanging up, I was terrified to imagine his reaction to seeing Ricky like this. I knew how much of a soft spot Ricky was to him. Oh , Ricky ! I tried to run without spilling the water to the room , I placed it by the bedside table and sat on the bed beside him,
 
" Ricky-ya ... Ricky ya wake up. "
His eyes slowly fluttered open, but he quickly shot up and backed away from me falling from the bed. He screamed in pain but he was more focused on me. His eyes were stricken with fear and tears were threatening to fall. He hugged the quilt close to his body, body shivering just like a lost puppy. I felt my heart get heavier and a lump was stuck in my throat.
 
" Ricky ya, it's me Changjo. Can't you recognise me? "
 
" Changjo ? " He thought for a moment before crawling up the bed slowly, " ....Changjo ? " He put his hands up to my face. " Changjo ! " He started to cry again hugging me tightly, I didn't know if I should hug back or push him away since he bruised and well... . I just gingerly patted his back and tried to ease his crying.
 
" There there, it's okay. Can you tell me what happened ? " It seems like I phrased my question wrongly because he pushed me roughly and retreated to a corner of the bed once again dragging the quilt this time holding it to his chest tightly. I didn't noticie it at first but I spotted the trail of red that lead to him and what seemed to be ? At that moment, I heard the doorbell rang. C.A.P Hyung !
 
" Ricky ya, it's C.A.P hyung I'm going to get the door okay ? " He just stared at me, and I took that as a yes.
 
Before I got the chance to step away from the door, C.A.P hyung burst in almost making me fall to the floor. The worry was obvious in his voice and it looked as if his eyes were on fire. I couldn't even bring myself to speak for I really was afraid, all I could do was point to the room following cautiously behind him. When he stepped into the room, the atmosphere went dark and I felt C.A.P hyung's body heat increase. He just looked at Ricky, and Ricky just looked at him. He proceeded to sit on the bed, also noticing the pool of red . He reached out to touch Ricky and surprsingly he didn't back away, he cupped his cheek and Ricky leaned into it.
 
" Who would do such an inhumane thing to you ? " C.A.P's hyung was soft, faltering as if he was crying .. and he was. He pulled Ricky to him and started to sob. I never saw C.A.P hyung like this, he was always the manlier one in the group, always on his guard but this vulnerability.. the armor he wore to protect himself had cracked. Ricky's face was twisted in confusion. He didn't know what to feel, but what mattered was he was in tears and he was hugging C.A.P hyung just as tightly. I heard hyung muttering apologies, Ricky's hair. Everyone had seemed to forget that this was L.Joe's apartment, and that Ricky was found like this which led me to one question - Where was L.Joe ?
 
" Changjo ah ? We need to get him to the hospital. " I was woken up from my train of thought and nodded quickly. I dialled for a cab while, C.A.P just took whatever clothes he could find from the closet and put it on him. Ricky held the shirt and once again he felt hot tears roll down his cheek, by then he was sure he had cried himself dry but it kept falling.
 
-
This shirt smells like L.Joe hyung... Hyung wae ? Why did you to this to me ? All I did was love you, is it wrong ? I don't know anymore.
 
*
Haha sorry this is a short chapter, i'll try to make up for it in the next few chapters .
Thank you for all the support so far and I love reading the comments you leave. Please continue to do so , love u all so much
 
Song used ;
 
Painkiller // T-ara, Seeya & SPEED