I'll Always be Waiting in the Back Room

We Don't Fight Fair, We Don't Fight Fair

He knew he was screwed.

The other—Kim Jaejoong, strutted into the restroom closing the door behind. At least he made an effort to make whatever they were going to talk about private. Yunho couldn’t decide whether he should trust the journalist or not.

“I—”

“You are so… ruined right now. That’s why I’m telling you to pretend.”

“What do you want from me?”

He knew he didn’t have much time to chatter with the other man he just met before his manager or anyone found him here, wet and looking depressed. He better made it quick.

“You found out about her, didn’t you? Your cheating wife.”

Yunho’s eyes widened. “How did you—”

“I have my ways.” Jaejoong raised his camera again and took another picture of a surprised Jung Yunho.

Ignoring the other who blinked repeatedly from the flash, he continued, “And you even bother to have her ways in you. Love still feels good when it hurts just a little. But this is a great stab you have to take. And you worsened it by not doing anything on her, or you two.”

He didn’t wait for the other man to respond and added, “People will never change, you know.”

Yunho gripped the sink’s rim. His hand reached for the faucet again, realizing that the water was still flowing harshly. Some were splashed onto his shirt and pants, soaking them. He turned it off. For now, he didn’t need any fluid relief.

“Why do you think I’m doing such thing as far as hurting myself?” he asked to the journalist, not looking at him in the eyes. “Even I couldn’t put my finger on how on the earth I couldn’t stop the love I’ve flowed for her. Even when it hurts. It’s—”

“Stupid,” Jaejoong cut off. “You hurt yourself for love. It’s stupid. It’s kind of suicidal. I know how bittersweet it feels like, but seriously, you are killing yourself.”

“I know.” The actor turned, looking at Jaejoong in slight anger. “And what for you are here? Going to make an article entitled ‘Jung Yunho, the broken and suicidal cheated-on husband?’”

“I’m not that shallow, are you kidding me?” Jaejoong let out a slight laugh. “In fact, I’m about to give you a way out of this you are in.”

Yunho raised a brow in pessimism. “And that is?”

“I’m proposing a murder upon your cheating wife, Mr. Jung. I’m proposing a life taking.”

He let out a smirk as he saw Yunho’s eyes grew wider. His mouth opened ever so slightly. As expected. Even his matted hair didn’t make his shocked expression went less. Such a sweet sight of a devastated husband who found out someone offered—no, wanted to kill his wife.

Jaejoong loved it. The dark love had been walking in to Jung Yunho, he loved every single pain he gained. He loved being hurt seeing Nayoon kissed him at award events. Because he knew, the more pain he got, the wider he would smile once he grabbed the prize in the end; Jung Yunho himself. Cocky, he knew. But he always got whatever he wanted. And he was the one who said Yunho was suicidal…

Yunho took three large strides. His wet pants trailed a line of water on the floor. Jaejoong knew what to expect. Damage on his face. One or two.

So before he took such unpleasant blow, he decided to just enjoy the view he witnessed right now. He could see a faint black tank top being see-through Yunho’s wet shirt. It framed his body perfectly. He could almost see his abs on that flat stomach. Quite a sight. Too bad it was mostly Lee Nayoon who could see it in private.

Before he knew it, there was a sharp sting on his cheek.

“Heh.”

“I’m not a delusional teenager in love who would ever think about killing his lover once he discovered an affair in his relationship.”

“You really sure you are not one of them? Even when you understand it, that people will never change?”

The actor winced a little.

His wife was seated on a dining table with a blue dress.

“She would change.”

“No, she would not. Bet you don’t know that her affair with that guy had been on for two years. Then again, wouldn’t you rather dress for a funeral rather than to a court, with so much white lights and questions regarding your divorce? Doesn’t the second one sound better?” He smiled a little in sarcasm. Jaejoong turned towards the exit door. He turned the handle to open the door, yet before he made his exit, he ce more to the actor.

“I’m not a journalist, actually. I’m just a lovesick hit man.” He smirked at Yunho’s expression; indescribable between being shocked, confused, and angry. “I know that you are going to seek me and take my offer. I’ll be back at your door,”

He stepped out, leaving Yunho bothered and hanging.

“…baby.” Jaejoong closed the door, still smirking.

~~~

Despite the fact that it was nearly midnight already, his mansion’s lights were still on. Nayoon was awake.

Yunho gave his car’s key to his waiting butler, telling the elder man to park his car in the front garage. He had an interview to do early in the next morning.

He pondered whether he should make a talk with Nayoon. The past few days were left hanging with tension between the two. He couldn’t put a finger how he should feel now. Nayoon was definitely cheating. And what Jaejoong said was right. He doubted she would change.

Wait.

Why did he have to believe the hit man’s words anyway? He disguised himself as a journalist. He proposed a murder upon his wife. And it seemed like he would do it happily. How he could trust such person?

But still, would he really refuse such offer?

“No,” Yunho whispered to himself at the thought of his wife getting killed. The thought of Nayoon’s beautiful face paled with a gunshot wound on her head, blood pouring out. He wouldn’t want to watch that.

Bet you don’t know that her affair with that guy had been on for two years.

No, he wouldn’t believe such shallow lie.

“Yunho ah.”

Nayoon went out of their room, wearing her night gown. It was white and nearly translucent. It was a bit crumpled, as if she just rolled out of bed. “Thank goodness, you’re home finally.” She smiled a little. “How was the premier?”

Yunho looked at her blankly. Usually he would at least give her a hug and a kiss or two. His anger had eaten himself up. “It went well.” Yunho walked pass her, entering the guest room and locked it. He didn’t feel like sleeping by knowing he would see her as he woke up.

I know that you are going to seek me anyway, and take my offer.

“Damn it.”

 

A/N: I’m sorry this took long ^^””

Comments pretty please? :D