Don't Pretend it

We Don't Fight Fair, We Don't Fight Fair

No. Wrong. Shouldn’t.

Jung Yunho tried to keep his smile out as his interviewer thanked him for a day. And did she just wink at him? For the love of—she was winking. He held back an urged to slap that cheek which practically caked with makeup products and smiled politely instead.

She pouted a bit for a split second, not enough to make anyone else in the wide room to notice her flirt. She got up from her seat, approaching her makeup artist. Whispering something to the elder woman, Yunho mostly didn’t want to know what she was saying.

A cameraman was nagging his assistant (who looked like he was in his twenties; Yunho could tell he was still a newbie) for getting him the wrong lens for Yunho’s next photo shoot. Yunho’s manager was sipping his coffee. Their eyes met and silently the manager asked if he was okay. Yunho smile reassuringly and nodded.

Since when did the world look so filthy to his very eyes?

An innocent looking interviewer shamelessly showed him some interest. And a rotten hearted man behind a camera. His wife cheated him. A man tried to kill her.

Filthy. A word that could describe Kim Jaejoong in one breath.

Kim Jaejoong? Yunho’s eyes widened.

No. Wrong. Shouldn’t.

No part of his brain—mind, soul, whatever, should be filled by the seemingly feral, dangerous man. Yunho held his head and hissed. He didn’t care if some part of the hair gel had stuck on his palm and ruined the tamed wild messiness on his hair.

Kim Jaejoong.

Exotic.

Another word that could describe Kim Jaejoong in one breath.

~~~

Kim Jaejoong had always been a little bit of exhibitionist.

He didn’t care any knowing there might be police out there who had discovered the murders he had committed. He wasn’t really a perfectionist, so a few traces of his deed might be scattered somewhere at his ‘workplace’.

He showed himself off at public. He smoked in a diner, enjoying admiring eyes on him as he did. He excessive sauce on his lips in teasing little laps. Once those eyes began to beg more of his show, he would leave. Not caring there might be hired detectives being one of his shows’ audiences.

The habit was a mirror to his persona. He liked to self. He liked to slice bits by bits of his sanity to the point he needed to heal the wounds desperately. Then he grabbed his prize. The antidote to patch his gashes. That time, he would smile so wide and laugh as loud as he grabbed his antidote, drunk in the pleasure and the feeling of healed flesh in his soul.

This time, his antidote, Jung Yunho.

The wound had been a bit hard to handle. He would surely grab this prize.

Ah no, he was going to get it.

He smiled around his half-finished cigarette as he heard rushed steps of two men. Distinctive noise of his object of desire and his manager. The hit man lifted up his hoodie and smiled widely.

Silently Yunho had pleaded him to stay there. So he stayed. And if Jung Yunho was the type to break his own promise well the hit man would always have his own ways…

He grinned so widely that his mouth hurt when Yunho began to look around. The latter made sure his manager didn’t notice what he was doing; an advantage of having a tall figure. Their eyes met.

Looking for something? Jaejoong asked with a smirk and mocking gaze.

Yunho looked like he was about to shot him a glare when his manager said something to him and the elder man left him back into the building. Their eyes met again and Jaejoong’s lips twitched to a side. He tried not to widen his smirk as Yunho made his steps towards him.

“You look great.”

“Stop tailing me around, Kim Jaejoong. And no, I don’t need any of your offer.” Yunho stared hard at him as if wanted to slap the other. Maybe he really was.

“You need me. You just don’t know about it and being such a about it. You love the previous Lee Nayoon who doesn’t give herself to another man.”

“I don’t need you!” Yunho shouted right in front of his face. His face was contorting in nothing but anger. He almost surprised the other, who didn’t really expect his short temper. “I don’t need a madman to kill my wife! Get a ing life and stop stakeout me for an answer you will obviously get!”

Yunho grabbed Jaejoong’s collar and slammed him onto a wall. His breaths were short, a reminiscence of his lost patience more than need of air. He pressed a forearm on Jaejoong’s neck, making sure he was pinning him firmly, at the same time careful not to choke the shorter male.

In low voice he muttered, “Get a ing life.”

A smile appeared on Jaejoong’s face, much to Yunho’s unseen horror. “I live to kill people and take pleasure of it. I am living now, Jung Yunho. Do you live to please people and pretend to love your wife?”

Yunho’s eyes widened. He saw red in an instant. He changed his mind and choked the fair skinned man until he was sure his respiratory channel was squeezed in his power. Jaejoong widened his eyes. “Say it again.”

The actor felt a rush of power as he watched Jaejoong squirmed in his hold. The arrogant man who practically stalked him around—

“She… lied… didn’t… she…” Jaejoong managed to say between gasps. The smug smile was gone, his mouth was opened wide fighting for oxygen. His widened eyes bore into Yunho’s searching for a hidden answer for the question he gasped out.

If he could, he would grin in triumph seeing Yunho’s slight change in those brown orbs. The actor slowly loosening his grip on Jaejoong’s neck, watching blankly as the mentioned coughed and gasped caused by the vacancy of oxygen. The actor knew he was waiting for an answer. Answer…

“What if she was?”

“Isn’t it… obvious?” Jaejoong coughed some more, resisting an urge to rub his sore neck from Yunho’s pressure. “She’s hiring Chunnie on you too, you know.”

“What?”

“Ah, my bad. My tongue slipped.”

“Tell me!”

“My, you’re so stubborn. But whatever…” Jaejoong took a dramatically deep breath. “My Chunnie, my very best friend, is being hired by lee Nayoon. To get rid of you.”

Get rid.

Yunho’s eyes could never be any wider.

“Your manager is going to be here in a moment, right?”

Jaejoong’s voice… smooth and husky. Despite his feminine appearance, his voice was nothing but a male. Right, Jaejoong’s voice. They were still talking and—

“Hire me. To kill her.”

No.

“I can show you a proof, but for now…”

He would never—

“Your manager is going to be here…”

Jaejoong slipped something into his jacket’s pocket and left. Did he walk pass him? Yes? No?

He didn’t know. His whole senses had died out. Jaejoong’s words had made him so. Even if his words were lies, but it most likely to be a truth.

Was it a truth? Yes. He could tell. Jaejoong’s eyes had told him everything.

 

 

 

A/N: Ugh, I hope you like this chap though I felt it missed something…

And hi new subscribers and… silent readers ^^ Comments are welcomed and critics, yes ^^