Wedding Day

You Just Disappeared

[ Daehyun's Pov ]

 

Before I even realized, my wedding day has already arrived. My mother wanted to get married as soon as possible, so she was able to plan the entire wedding herself within the week and the day was the day after the week ended. I was already getting ready at home. 

I quickly took a shower and blow dried my hair. I straightened my hair slowly and made sure each piece of hair didn't look weird on top of my head. Before changing into the tuxedo, I decide to iron the separate pieces of clothing. 

I took out the ironing board and plugged in the iron. Laying the clothes down neatly ontop of the table, I ironed every piece of clothing slowly and carefully, making sure I didn't create wrinkles along the way. Yongguk was in my room and he stared at me weirdly with his arms crossed. "Do you have to do that? It's not that much of a big deal..." he pointed out with a raised eyebrow. 

He looked at him with a face. "It is that much of a big deal to me missy. And yes, I have to do this," I said continuing to iron my clothing prepared to the wedding. "Dude, you should do something about your tux," I told him gesturing to the pile of clump in the corner of the room. 

"I should huh," he said slowly. I rolled my eyes. "Well, obviously since the last time you wore it was months ago at a party and now it's just a pile of garbage in the corner of the room," I said finishing my speech. 

He chuckled and smiled about my response. "Okay, just for you bro," he said walking to the pieces of clothing and soothing it out smoothly. "I'll go get your other ironing board," he walked towards the door of my room. 

I blinked for a moment. "I have... another ironing board?.." I said slowly. He nodded in response thinking I have short-term memory loss or something along the lines of that. "Okay then, you learn something new everyday!" This earned a even weirder look from Yongguk. 

Himchan poked his head into my room, "we need to go in a hour, so you guys should hurry up," he said gesturing towards me and Yongguk, pointing at the iron that I'm holding. 

I nodded. "Okay," I replied then returning to ironing my tuxedo for a few more minutes. 

I took the clothes off of the board and decided to change into them. "Be right back," I told Yongguk. He nodded in acknowledgement and put his tuxedo onto the board and he slowly ironed his. 

After I changed into the fancy outfit, I opened the door of my room and walked down the stairs. Finding everyone else already ready and prepared, now watching television to pass the time. 

Zelo and Jongups' faces lit up when they saw me. "Hyunggg!" Zelo cried. "We're hungry," Jongup added. I blinked in response to their outburst. "What exactly do you want me to do about that?" I asked simply. They shrugged. "Well, wait for the wedding then, it's in about forty minutes anyway." 

I sat down at the couch along with everyone else and joined their television watching time. Fifteen minutes later, Yongguk walks down the stairs, fixing the collar of his tuxedo. 

"Is everybody ready?" I asked everyone. All five of the guys nodded their heads. 

"Yep!" 

"Yes."

"Come on baby!" 

I chuckled at their responses and grabbed my keys along with my phone. "Okay, let's go." I went to the door and put on my dress shoes, opening the door and walking out, I waited for everyone to come out before locking the door.

Youngjae and Himchan arrived at my car first. Then the rest of them followed closely behind. I unlocked the car doors and Yongguk immediately went to shotgun. Youngjae and Himchan were in the middle when Zelo and Jongup piled into the back. I locked the door of my house and jogged towards the driver seat. 

I plugged the key into the ignition and turned it pulling the car out of the drive way, we drived towards the destination. A famous church in the middle of Seoul. 

 

When we arrived, all of us piled out of the car one by one. Our outfits and apparently handsome features earned many stares from innocent bystanders just going on with their everyday life. 

Zelo tugs on my sleeve. "Hyung... why is everyone staring at us?" he asks blinking completely confused. I shrugged. "Beats me," I replied. Himchan and Jongup seemed to be enjoying the attention very much. They started waving and giving flirty smiles to some of the pretty girls in the crowd who were just passing by.

"Come on guys, we need to go," I reminded them. They slowly followed me as I waved through the crowd to the entrance of the church. Yongguk was following closely behind me. My parents were waiting at the entrance of the church. 

My mom waved a handkerchief and was crying dramatically. "I cannot believe this day has finally come!" she wailed hysterically. She started dabbing at her eyes slowly making everything much more dramatic than needed. I rolled my eyes at her actions. "Mom," I started. "Do you really need to be so dramatic?" 

She stopped for a moment to glare at me. "Yes I do." Immediately after saying this short sentence, her dramatic acting continued. Yongguk, who was behind me starting shaking his head. "I don't even- Let's go," he said pulling my arm slightly. 

Yongguk lead me to the doors and opened the large, grand double doors. Youngjae and Zelo followed behind us when Jongup and Himchan are slowly walking away from the crowd. They each somehow managed to get a bouquet of flowers from someone. Jongup even had a flower crown. 

I blinked at Jongup and gestured to the crown ontop of his head. "What. Is. That." Jongup was speechless and shrugged. "Whatever," I responded. 

Into the church and I saw the seats along with the white balloons for the children. A red carpet leading to the front of the church. The stand where the pastor stood in back of. There was flowers on either side of the church. Full of white flowers of all types. Outside of the church, there was two giant stands of flowers of all types. 

"Wow, your mom sure out done themselves," Yongguk pointed out gesturing to everything inside of the church. I nodded in agreement. "All within a week too," I added. 

All of us started our way towards the back of the church where the makeup room and the so called closet were. Ara should be there getting ready for the wedding. Along with her friends who are going to be the bridemaids. The crew are obviously going to be bachelors of the wedding.

Everyone was pushing me towards the room where Ara should be. I laughed and pushed the door open. Ara had a few of her friends surrounded around her. As soon as her friends saw me, they grinned to each other and quickly left Ara alone with me. I saluted them and mouthed 'thanks'.

I saw Ara in the pure white sleeveless wedding dress. A veil covered the back of her hair which was tied up into a bun. Ara seemed upset. She was sitting down at the table with her fingers intertwined. I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at her weirdly. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

She looked up quickly and her eyes blinked. Ara seemed to be surprised to see me. "Oh hey Dae," she replied in a small voice. "Nothing's wrong," she said slowly. 

I sat down across from her and took her hands with mine. "You're lying," I pointed out immediately. Her eyes were full of sadness and I felt stabs were being plunged into my heart slowly. "What's wrong?" I asked again.

This time she didn't answer and instead she looked away. I shook her hands a couple of times, repeating my question once again. "Baby, what's wrong?" Ara looked at me and she seemed to be breathing pretty heavily. 

"I guess I'm just nervous about the wedding," she said in a small voice. I wasn't really convinced, but I accepted the excuse she came up with anyway. "Okay, tell me if anything's wrong. Okay?" I asked her. 

She nodded. "Okay oppa," she replied, forcing a smile. 

I nodded and got up from the chair. I walked towards the door, opening the exit. Her friends were outside with bright smiles plastered onto their faces. As soon as I walked out, her friends hurried back into the room.

I closed the door behind me quietly and walked towards everyone else. Yongguk jogged over to me and immediately noticed that something was wrong. 

He tugged on my arm towards where the rest of the crew was. "Let's go, the wedding's going to start soon," he reminded me. I nodded in acknowledgement. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Youngjae asks me. "Nothing," I replied with a bright smile. "Just a little nervous..." 

Everyone accepted my excuse and returned to whatever they were going previously. 

Yongguk clapped his hands together and cleared his throat. "The wedding's going to start soon! Come on!" 

Everyone turned their attention to Yongguk and nodded to what he had just said. Yongguk and I started our ways towards the back of the church getting ready for our wedding. 

Why did I have the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach?