Expectations Met

You Just Disappeared

[ Daehyun's Pov ]

 

On the way to the meeting area, I kept my eye on the road. Unwilling to think about my proposal which would easily distract me from the road and I seriously do not need a car accident on a day of which I'm proposing to my perfect girlfriend. No, that's a horrendous thought, something I would never want to happen. Ever. Period.

Turning the corner and nearly reaching my destination, I breathed in heavily and parked the car in a vacant area near the restaurant. Getting out of the car and closing the door behind me, I pulled the handle, making sure it's locked properly. I walked towards the small bench right outside the restuarnt in which contains many of our past memories. Both sweet and sour, things that I want to remember and the things that I prefer not to think about nor remember. The two of us have been through thick and thin, however corny or cheesy that sounds. It's the truth.

With my earbuds plugged in my ear, I listened to music thinking about random stuff, things revloving around her. Of course about her. Today is a day that she the only thing that occupies my mind, she should be. She should always be. 

I played with a few apps on my iPhone and listened to the latest kpop songs. Catch Me by TVXQ was extremely good and it's a great song. "Baby catch me catch me catch me girl tonight," I sang softly to myself, not meaning to let anyone hear me. I closed my eyes and listened to the lyrics, hoping to understand them. Continuing to hum along the songs on my playlist, time passed by quickly. 

Before I've even realized, a pair of beige wedges were in front of me. I looked up and saw pale, slender long legs instantly knowing whose those legs belonged to. My gaze continued to go up and I immediately broke into a grin. I took the earbuds out of my ears, twirling the cord around my phone and tucking my phone inside of my pocket.

She was wearing a black oversized sweater with designs on it. White, blue and red were the main colors. Slight yellow in the front. The white forming a shape of a random polygon in the front with designs of blue, red and yellow triangles. The long black sleeves had designs of white, blue and red which vaguely reminding me of sharp snowflakes. In her arm, she carried her black bag that clearly contains everything in it. Underneath the sweater, she wore simple white leggings.


[ Note: Imagine she's standing in front of Daehyun. ]

"Ara," I said beginning to stand up, soothing out my pants.

"Daehyun," she replies with that cute, adorable smile of hers. My heart fluttered and it like melting even though she's already my girlfriend and not just my crush. I once again felt like a student again on this day. I thought remembering out college days. 

Taking her hand in mine, we walked into the resturant chatting, smiling at each other. It wasn't big and fancy, but today was a special day. This was a place where we had to go just for the sake of going.

The two of us sat in our usual spot, the one right next to the window. We have the perfect view of the garden behind the restaurant, something potential costumers aren't able to see from the front.

A waitress came over and gave us the menus. 

"Oppa, what are we going to do today?" she asks scratching the top of her head in the most adorable way possible. Even though she doesn't take notice of it herself. 

"You'll see," I replied, not willing to tell her what I had in mind. It had to remain a secret, obviously, I thought to myself. She pouted cutely, I closed my eyes to resist her aegyo since when I see it directly, it's not possible for me to withstand it. 

Ara shook my left hand lightly a couple of times, I resisted my urge to look at her, instead I peeked an eye open, seeing a waiter who was heading towards our table with a tray in hand. I see two bowls occupying the try. I nodded slightly signaling the food was our table's. He walked over and set down on the food, Ara with the spicy rice cake and me with noodles. 

She continued shaking my left hand while I focused my attention on the delicious food. 

"Babeeeee," she said pouting her cheeks. 

"It's a secret for now, Ara. You'll know what it is later," I said finally looking up and meeting her gaze, giving her the most charming smile I can muster.

"Okay fine." Ara pouted one last time and started eating. Her love for food is unique, I haven't met another person that loves food like she does. It's cute in a way. She's not afraid to show other people how much she can consume despite her petite body. It took me by surprise at first sight. Ara goes to the gym every week for a small workout to maintain her size, I go with her since I don't trust her going alone with that body and face, she bound to be hit on.

Finishing up the meal, next step was Lotte World. 

Lotte World is a place that a couple must go. The rides thrilling yet they have the aura around them that makes you want to go again and again. Many males decide to bring their girlfriends mainly because the majority of the female population are terrified of roller coasters. However, that's just a normal streotype.

Honestly, it was also the reason why I bought Ara to Lotte World for the first time. However, that backfired. She's a huge fan of roller coasters and dragged me around Lotte World going on every single one. 

On the way there in my car, she wouldn't stop singing and I couldn't stop smiling. 

Her voice was captivating. The more you listen to it, the more hypnotizing her voice becomes. The way her slightly pink full lips move, easily making sounds pronouncing words with a nice pitch. The words always come out smoothly and softly, the sound itself comforts me, it relaxes me without even doing anything. 

When she sings, Ara's always smiling. It's one of her favorite hobbies. It's difficult to not smile when you're doing something that you actually enjoy. It's the same for everyone. One of my favorite hobbies is singing as well. In college, both of us took singing lessons from the same vocalist. 

I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me I'll never tell
I looked at you as a fell
and now you're in my way

Ara sang the lyrics of a popular new song. Call Me Maybe. Ara put both her hands in the form of a gun and pointed at me, winking and giggling as well with a twinkle in her eye. I looked at her and shook my head. She really knows how to get me faller for her more and more, I thought to myself.

I trade my soul for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this,
but now you're in my way

I started singing along softly with Ara. She tapped her foot along with the melody. I couldn't stop smiling as our singing voices filled up the entire car. Oh how I love singing with her. 

You took your time with the call 
I took no time with the fall 
You gave me nothing at all,
but still you're in my way

As soon as her lips started singing these verses, I instantly thought of Ara and myself. This song was sang by a female, but for us, it was the other way around. I took no time with the fall and she took her time with the call. I'm now glad that I was a student who actually studied back in college. Otherwise we wouldn't have met at all. 

With her in search for a tutor, I automatically was the perfect option, recommended by many professors. That's the reason we met, I was the dork of the school yet in a good way. Ara was the popular girl with the not so smart brain.

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that
So call me maybe

As the song ended, the radio quickly changed into a different song. Gangnam Style. Of course. Thank God we're here and I don't have to listen to this horrifying song once again. I parked the car in the parking lot and proceeded to unbuckle our seatbelts.

We both got out of the car. I pulled the car door handle making sure it was locked. 

Ara came over to me and intertwined her fingers with mine. I look down at our hands, then at her to find her eyes already fixed on the ferris wheel. Of course that was the last ride we went on last time. Isn't the ferris wheel always the cliche ride which every couple goes on? Well, we're one of those couples. 

With our fingers intertwining each other, hand in hand, the two of us walked towards the park and continue this special day that I've planned out thoroughly. 

So far so good.