Butterflies

You Just Disappeared

[ Daehyun's Pov ] 

 

I was getting ready in my room like a complete girl. I was hesitent of what to wear, making sure everything matched and nothing was out of place. I ruffled my blonde hair not having a single idea of what to wear for the day.

It was my one year anniversary with my girlfriend and I wanted it to be special, perfect to be exact. I wanted to propose to her, somewhere special. 

I even decided the location and the time. Han River at exactly 9:20 PM. 

The Han River was where we went for our first unofficial date. It was the day I fell in love with her even though we've known each other for a while before that. 9:20 because in Chinese it means to 'love you' and Ara is a cpop and kpop lover. I smoothed out the wrinkles of my white v-neck shirt and proceeded into picking out the pants. 

"I even have to thank Himchan and Yongguk hyungs for ditching us that day." I thought to myself out loud chuckling at the memory. Yongguk and Himchan texting me saying they weren't able to make it that day. We had planned to go to dinner together along with Ara and Himchan's current girlfriend.

Now thinking about it, it's like the two of them ditched us purposely. They have always been telling us about we looked good together, but I thought of her as a younger sister. At least that's what I used to think of her as, until I realized I had fallen in love with her long before. 

I shook my head at myself in disapproval for not realizing sooner. We could have been together longer if I had realized sooner. 

"Oh well, we're together now, nothing will separate us." I told myself, promising never to break that oath. Especially that oath. 

I picked up the small light pink case which contained the white proposal ring. "Pink's her favorite color." I silently mumbled to myself. Remembering every present I've gotten for her had been somewhat pink, expcept for the first one... 

I set the ring once again on the desk next to my bed. I smiled at the sheets that were perfectly made on my bed. "My mood is just great today." realizing I actually made the sheets and it's not sprawled everywhere all over my bed. 

I took a pair of dark wash skinny jeans out of my closet and put them on, soothing the small miniscule wrinkles out of the jeans. "Everything has to be perfect today." I mutter to myself. 

Putting my hand to my chest, I felt my heart pace speed up instantly. Every time I thought of the proposal, my heart would uncontrollably start beating faster. 

I took out a black blazer from my closet and added them on, over the white v-neck I've put on earlier, careful not to leave any sign of wrinkles. The blazer was new, bought just for this occasion.

Once again, I picked up the light pink case of the wedding ring and put it in the pocket inside of the blazer. I patted that area smiling knowing the moment she agreed would be the best in my entire life. 

I dashed to the bathroom immediately and started fixing the microscopic errors of my hair. Every strand of hair had to be in the proper area, otherwise my foot would not set outside of the door of this house.

I nodded to myelf, looking at my reflection in the mirror. Breathing in and out heavily. "I can do this." I told the reflection in the mirror.

Glancing at my watch, I still had 2 hours before it was be 6 o'clock. 

I noticed a small dark spot on my white high top nikes. "NO. This cannot happen." I told myself sternly. 

Picking up the shoes, I went straight for the bathroom and picked up something to clean the shoes with, something that wouldn't smudge and make it even worse. 

❤ <

Half a hour later, I emerged from the restroom, with my bright white nikes in my hand. I grinned, proud of my work. 

"I have a hour to spare..." I said to myself, constantly keeping track of the time, walking to the kitchen to get a beverage to drink. I wanted to arrive early, more specifically half a hour early for no particular reason. It's just always been a habit of mine. 

Once again, I patted the pocket where the wedding ring was safely kept. No one would interfere with my perfect wedding proposal. Nothing can go wrong. This was planned for much a long time and I couldn't bear it having a single flaw. No matter what it was, everything needed to be flawless. To the point where everyone else drowns in jealously.

I chuckle to myself thinking of my guests expression. All of them, especially the female population, unable to hide their envious facial expressions for Ara has the boyfriend that cares, puts her as his priority. As the other girls express their jealously like there's no tomorrow.

The males glaring at me for getting the most perfect girl possible. The one who's smart with the bambi eyes. The small petite body fitting perfectly in my long musular arms. Her head fitting just right under my chin. Ara's soft luscious hair, always smelling like strawberry shampoo along with the aroma of sweet tea erupting from her body. 

I daydreamed about my perfect girlfriend while pouring myself a cup of water into a glass cup. 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I realized that the water had already started to pour out of the small cup. "!" I cursed under my breath.

Quickly, grabbing a towel, I bent down slightly wiping the water off the marble floor. I starting looking through my memories with her. Our first meeting, first time talking, the day she accepted my confession, our first date, first hug, first kiss, and now my proposal. 

I chuckled to myself, hoping with my whole heart that she would accept the proposal as well. 

Grinning to myself, deep down in my heart, I knew she would accept. Even though logically I should be nervous either way. Shaking my head, I realized I was having a conceited moment. 

Getting up to rinse the towel in the sink and putting it on the white granity counter perfectly, lining it up with the counter top.

Before I have noticed, twenty minutes have already passed. "Forty more to go." I thought out loud to myself sighing, wanting the time to past by faster. 

I sat down on the table where my MAC computer was. I typed in Facebook.com in the url and went to my profile. Looking through my past history, pictures with my previous girlfriends, my best friends, my currently girlfriend (obviously), my parents and there's my course my pet dog. I smiled to myself at a certain memory with my pet, Ong.

A yorkie which is many girl's favorite. It was also the reason why Ara had decided to come over to my house for the first time. I shook my head at that memory and rubbed Jung's head. He turned his head left and right matching my hand movements. 

❤ <

Before I've realized, doing random around my apartment, time had already been up and I should have already left the house ten minutes before. "Crap! I'm late." I cursed under my breath. 

Even though I was still twenty minutes early, I wanted to arrive to the destination of where we were planning to meet up. That place has many memories from the past and everything about today, I wanted to be special. 

I picked up Ong and carried him to my room, putting him down, I ruffled his fur. "I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much." I pat his head for the last time as I got up and walked out of the door, closing it behind me firmly so that Ong wouldn't be able to run around the entire house.

I put on my gleaming bright white nikes and grabbed my keys. Walking out of the door, I spotted my car outside and I closed the door behind me, twisting the knob, making sure it was locked properly. Unlocking the car with a button on my keys, I looked at my watch. Seeing the time, I quickly jogged over to the seat and opened the car door bending down to sit down in the seat.

Inserting the keys and putting on the seatbelt, my hands on the steering wheel I instantly knew the road by heart. Which I've replayed in my mind numerous times in the day so far. 

Stepping on the gas pedal, I drove out of the parkway, the view of my house getting smaller as I drove further away. To the spot where I'm planning to meet my perfect girlfriend, my future wife.

 

Author's Note:
Sorry about the chapter,
I tried my best OTL
Next chapter would be posted soon! c: