On the Graveyard

This Is The Day

"Here you are"

Hearing familiar voice, Wooyoung turned up his head to see the covering them up from falling rain with umbrella. With shocking face, he said, "Khun... What are you doing here?"

 

"Hey, it's supposed to be me asking that question to you! I was waiting for you at the school hall. And when you're still not coming, I knew something went wrong. So, I searched for you everywhere, from your house, soccer club, beach, but here you are on the place you love the least, the graveyard. What's wrong Woo?" He tapped the right shoulder of his friend who remain sitting.

 

"Nothing, I just want to spend my last day in Bussan, here. I want to say something first to my father before leaving this town tomorrow"

 

"Yah! You could ask me to accompany you. Beside... Hey, don't tell me that you've spending more than six hours here!? You told me this afternoon that you'll go to prom by yourself and have already prepared your outfit", said Nichkhun with curiousity.

 

With a simple nod, Wooyoung giving answer, "yes"

 

"Dear Lord! Now, get up! You have to go out from here! You could get sick Wooyoung! Come on!" Nichkhun pulled Wooyoung right hand, forcing him to stand up.

 

But Wooyoung stay still. "No, Khun. Even it’s night already, I want to stay here a little bit longer. I think I don't want to go to the hall" 

 

Hearing that, Nichkhun chuckled a bit, "hahaha, who asked you to go to the hall?"

 

"Eh?"

 

"I just don't want to see you here. On the graveyard. Alone under the pouring rain and wet yourself up for hours. Now, come on, you’ve spent more than enough time here. Did you rode? Where's your motorcycle?"

 

He shaked his head, "No, I took the bus"

 

"Oh my God! Woo, really, you should’ve asked me. Ah, whatever, come on, let's go! My car is there". 

 

Before left, Wooyoung stood in front of his father grave. "Then, goodbye Father!  Till we meet again when I'll back here. Wish me luck old man!" 

Wooyoung bowed to the grave, followed by Nichkhun.

 

After that, they walked side by side with Nichkhun held Wooyoung by his shoulder to warm him up. 

 

When Nichkhun was about to open the car door for Wooyoung, the chubby cheek boy stopped him and stared with apologetic expression. "Khun, I am sorry for troubling you. I think you should go back to the hall. From what I guessed, you'll be crowned as prom king, won't you?

 

"It's okay! I don't care about that title anyway! And, look what you did! How could I go back to party with looks like this!?" Nichkhun teased Wooyoung, but the younger took it seriously.

 

"I,, I,, I'm sorry Khun! I know that you’ve spent a bunch of money buying that suit and have really wanted to wear it on this day, our prom night party. I know that you want to look perfect on those fangirls of you, especially Victoria. I really am sorry, Khun." Wooyoung turned his head down, didn't have enough courage to see Khun straight in the eyes.

 

"Hhhi hi hhii"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Hahahhaahahha" Nichkhun couldn't hold his laughter any longer.

 

"Hmmm", Wooyoung looked at Nichkhun happy face, confused. "I think it's not a good place for laughing, especially at night'

 

"Oops, I guess you're right! Sorry, I just can't help myself. Look Woo, I think you still don't get it, do you?"

 

"What?!"

 

Placing both of his hands onto Wooyoung shoulders, Nichkhun stared at the younger's eyes. "Look at me. I do not care of whatever happen on the party, whatever title is given and whoever won that. And for this suit, I think it's still nice to be wear at the prom" Nichkhun winked, made Wooyoung blushed a little.

 

"But, you're not wearing it in the hall anymore..", Wooyoung looked to his side.

 

"Hey, hey! Pabo!" Nichkhun tapped Wooyoung head lightly, "Listen, my prom is wherever you are. Yeah, you, are, my prom. Period" He stared very deeply into the black orbs that looking back at him.

 

---tbc---

Here's the first chapter. Sorry for any mistakes.

NWKY