Mei Ra

Bianca

 

Mae ra was running endlessly to the hospital’s hallway. She can feel her heart pounding in exhaustion but she didn’t stop.

 

* Bianca please hang in there.* she shouted at her mind and prayed.

 

She was in the library working on her thesis when her mother called her crying saying that something happened to Bianca.

 

She stopped in the hallway seeing Mr. Zhang and Mr. Fang outside the room looking very pale.

“What happened sir?” she said panting.

“The doctors said that her condition is unstable but the babies are unharmed.” Bianca’s father mumbled as he runs his hands through his head.

 

Her eyes widened at the elder’s statement and stutteredly repeated.

“B-bb-ba-by?”

 

Alexander’s father turned to her and nodded. “Yes, Bianca is three months pregnant with Alexander’s baby. She was going to announce it today to the company but this happened.”

“Where is she?” she asked.

“She’s inside the room still unconscious. Go inside young one. The mothers are inside with her too.” The elder said and she bowed and obeyed him.

 

 

She entered the private room and saw Bianca lying unconsciously while her mother holds her hand and Alexander’s in law was preparing some calming tea for them.

 

“How is she?” Mei Ra asked walking towards her best friend’s bed.

“She’s still fighting for the babies. Fight my child.” Bianca’s mother kissed Bianca’s hand.

 

All of them stayed with her for the night and to thanks to their prayers, Bianca’s condition finally stabolized.

 

 

The doctors said that, aside from the bruises and the brain damage, Bianca’s body and the babies are doing fine. But since it was the brain that was damaged, she entered the coma state and they couldn’t do anything about it. Now, it depends on Bianca’s will for living to wake up.

 

 ***

 

Weeks passed and Bianca remained the same. Her concussions and bruises have healed but she never moved an inch.

 

Her room was filled with flowers and many things that the workers have sent to their loving boss.

 

Actually, the hospital doesn’t allow many flowers and things sent but Bianca’s parents insisted because they know Bianca would love the gifts from others and would want to keep them by her side. They even rented the next room just to place the gifts.

 

Every day, the workers took turns to visit Bianca and never forgot to pray for her and her children’s recuperation. The company’s mood was dead and down because of their boss’ lack of presence but they kept their selves strong because they know that Bianca would be sad if they are all down and if the company crashes.

Even without Bianca’s leadership, the workers worked their hardest to up hold the company for their boss’ sake. Bianca became their inspiration and reason to move foreward and motivate their selves.

 

***

 

Bianca, in the other hand, still remained unconscious as her tummy became larger and larger. Months have passed and she still remained sleeping. Her beauty remained as she looks like she’s just sleeping.

 

 

Mrs. Fang, Bianca’s mother, went to Bianca and Alexander’s mansion to get her daughter a change of clothes and some things. She was looking at her daughter’s belongings when a red box got her attention. She opened it and saw some documents together with a couple of bank books.

 

One of the documents were stating that, in case anything happens to her, all Alexander and her belongings will be handed to her children and the guardians are her parents and the in-laws.

Another one stated that her best friend Mei Ra, should be handed a position in the company and the bank books were for her best friend’s family. The money in it is enough for their family and grandmother’s medical treatment.

The last bank book has enough money and has a post it on it stating that the money should be parted equally for the workers of the company.

 

Her mother shed tears as she was touched by her daughter’s kind heart. She closed the box and left it on its place and took all that Bianca needs and went out of the room.

 

It’s just days before Bianca give birth to the twins but she still hasn’t made an improvement.

 

Mei Ra visited her bringing her diploma out.

“Bianca, look I graduated.” She chimed smiling talking to her sleeping friend.

“This is all thanks to you my friend. I didn’t think I could manage if you weren’t here by my side. Thanks girl.” She continued.

“Anyway, are you excited? You’re giving birth to your children in a few days. You should wake up and see them. I bet they’ll look great just like you and Alex.” She beamed fighting her tears.

“Please wake up Bianca.” She said as she held her friend’s hand and tears flowed to her cheeks.

“We’re still waiting for you and you have babies to live for. Fight with us Bianca.” She sobbed.

 

Days passed by quickly and it’s the day of Bianca’s labor. All of the workers worked at the company as Bianca’s chauffer was in the announcement room waiting for updates about his mmistress.

Every 10 minutes, Mei Ra sends message to Fei Liu about Bianca’s condition and he announces it using the company’s main speakers.

 

All of them were waiting for news since the 1st hour she went to the operating room.

The doctors took a lot of time taking not of Bianca’s condition. 26 hours have passed and none of them have slept still waiting for her to come out.

 

But then, suddenly, they all felt tired and drowsy making them all fell asleep.

 


 

Bianca is sitting under the tree as she smiles sweetly showing her happiest smile. She stood up and bowed as her figure slowly disappear leaving two beautiful children holding hands.

 


 

Mei Ra woke up from her dream as the doctor wakes her up.

* She has a bad feeling about that dream but at the same time, soothing. It’s been a while since she saw that radiant smile and it’s like Bianca’s bidding her goodbye. *

 

“Miss. The operation is complete.” The doctor said in a low tone.

“How were the babies?” she asked still half asleep.

“The babies are all delivered healthily, but Bianca couldn’t survive the operation.” He said and bowed.

 

Mei Ra’s eyes widened as tears flows in her cheeks. She was devastated by the news but at the same time, at the corner of her heart, through that dream she had, she was prepared for this.

 

But the sadness devoured her heart and cried painfully.

“You can see the twins on the delivery room. I’m sorry.” The doctor said and left her crying.

 

She walked towards the delivery room as she saw two twins that have the same eyes as Bianca and Alexander. It was a baby boy and a baby girl. They were the most beautiful creatures she has ever seen in her life. They have the soothing aura their parents have.

 

She was watching at the two babies as she made a phone call to the elders and to the chauffer telling them about the news.

 

***

 

17 years later

 

Christian and Christine were walking, holding each other’s hands, towards their parent’s grave. They gave them a bow and then talked to them.

 

“Mother, father we have come again. It’s our birthday today and grandpas will be holding a big party for the both of us.” Christian cheered. He really looks like his father. Perfect features, smart and gentle just like her mother.

“But we wanted to visit you 1st. Do you see us? Mother? Father? We’ve grown up well. Please be happy wherever you are and watch over us always. We will always visit you as often as we can.” Christina chimed smiling, the smile that she got from her mother.

 

 

 

 

Alexander

 

"Having you in my life

Is the best thing that happened to me.

Your smile, your laugh, your eyes,

Everything about you makes me feel alive.

The only thing I regret in my life

is when I made you cry when i left.

I love you dearly my love."

 

 

 

Bianca

 

"You are my weakness and my strengh. 

The world's perfect when you hold me in your arms,

When you kiss my lips.

I did my best to be strong

And to be other's strengh

Now, I'll leave the proof of our love

and be with you forever, My love."

 

 

Mei Ra

 

"You yourself is a blessing, not only to me,

But to everyone you cross paths with.

Leaving me here alone 

With your memories of love and kindness

Is what keeps me alive and strong.

Don't worry about us

And rest in peace my best friend."