Twenty-Six in California

Effects of Living with Morons.

 

“…and this is the storage where the cold drinks are kept.” Yixing finished off, pointing at an object that looked quite a lot like a fridge.

“Isn’t that a fridge?” Jongin asked looking at the ‘storage’ and noting down the drinks that were kept in there.

Oh yeah, that’s the word I was looking for.” Jongin hope Yixing wasn’t this forgetful when it came to cooking. He was currently directed around by the unicorn hating guy and so far; the only thing he concluded was Yixing was either forgetful or just dumb.

Jongin voted the second option.

“So you got everything down?” The two walked towards the kitchen, intending to finish there and join the meeting with the others. Jongin was kind of dreading since he heard the chaos that happen whilst he was waiting and no; he did not want to serve boys with abs or dead unicorns cakes.

He would have been fine with cupcakes or pastries. Like any normal person would.

“Yeah.” Jongin replied, patting his small notebook and involuntarily shuddering when he saw the other ten in his sight.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo, the first one to notice (no shocker) waved, patting the empty seat next to him. Well it was occupied by the maknae before Kyungsoo kicked him out into the floor.

“Well, thanks.” Sehun murmured, patting his and placing himself on another seat.

Thank you, Kyungsoo hyung?” Jongin poked his tongue at Sehun, sitting on the seat and watching at what was happening around him.

“So those two are here! Now, Kyungsoo and I have thought of a brilliant idea! We could have a stage built and have performers performing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening! Also for the food section, we were thinking of adding different type of breads.”

Cue cricket and basically silent-as-hell noises.

“Clap, you ing imbeciles.” Kyungsoo screeched immediately getting applauses from the boys and forced whistles from some.

“Thank you.” Suho mouthed before continuing, “So who would like to volunteer?”

Cue people hiding from Kyungsoo’s view.

“Kris and Chanyeol raps in their free time apparently. Perhaps they can rap? Yixing is quite a good dancer and I heard from Sehun, Jongin is too? Me, Baekhyun and Chen could always sing?” Kyungsoo smirked enjoying some relieved faces and others not so relieved faces, it was more of a shoot me now face.

“Hell to the ing no.” Kris bellowed, shaking his head and glaring at the younger.

“Hell to the ing yes.” Kyungsoo retorted jabbing Kris’s shoulder, he stood small next to the tall giant yet it was oddly amusing that Kris was nodding like an obedient child much to Jongin’s shock.

“Okay so we got that sorted, now we need to discuss which type of bread we should sell? Sweet or savoury?” Suho asked again, adding things onto his notepad and looking at the morons staffs for more ideas.

Hopefully, they know by now dead unicorns were out the option.

“Sweet, duh. What idiot would buy savoury bread?” Luhan huffed, crossing his arms and looking at Suho in displeasure.

“Someone who haven’t got a taste bud of a five year old.” Kris retorted, clearly stating he wanted savoury.

“Sweet is the win, you .” Baekhyun defended Luhan prodding Kris in the process.

“Savoury taste so much better than all those ed up sweet breads.” Chen muttered, leaning on the door and eyes glaring at Luhan and Baekhyun.

“Sweet bread!”

“Savoury!”

“Sweet!”

“Shut the up your ing retards!” Kyungsoo screamed silencing the room, “How old are you? Six years old? Why do you always have to fight and argue, it sounds like popcorn popping, pop, pop, pop. Do you want me to kill each and every one of you in your sleep or chop your off so you wouldn’t be able to e let alone have .”

Jongin would be lying if he said he wasn’t feeling scared at all. He likes to keep his in one piece thank you very much.

“Sorry.” The five chorused together, they did not want to anger Kyungsoo further.

“That’s okay,” Kyungsoo sighed, “everyone makes mistakes as for example, your parents.”

“That’s just rude.” Luhan muttered, quite insulted but Kyungsoo couldn’t care less. He was tired of waiting for this stupid meeting to finish. He was planning to chat with Jongin after this but he was pretty sure Jongin was scared of him by now.

“I hope Jongin isn’t scared of me.” Kyungsoo whispered, only heard by the person next to him, Kris.

“Don’t worry. When Tao first came, we were like this too. Look where we are now.”

“Nowhere.” Kyungsoo dead-panned showing a what-the- look at Kris who was too busy staring at Tao.

“You don’t know that.”

“uh, yes I do.” Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin who was too busy chatting with Sehun.

“At least I can talk with Tao now. Look where you are.” Kris murmured, stopping when Kyungsoo glared at him.

“What did you say? I only know him for a few hours. How do you expect me to talk to him?”

“Dude, it was a joke not a . Don’t take it so hard.”

“Shut the up.” Kyungsoo mumbled, crossing his arms and childishly pouting. Kris walked away intending to go to Tao and start talking. Kyungsoo knew that Kris was either going to say something awkward or something embarrassing.

First time Kris decided to be brave, he ended up saying to Tao he look like Taylor Swift (Kyungsoo saw no ing resemblance) and that he was twenty-five and came from Canberra, Australia. How Kris managed to say that Kyungsoo might never know.

“Um…Kyungsoo hyung?” A melodic voice broke his memories off, with tanned skin and black ruffled hair, Kyungsoo thought he was seeing heaven.

“Huh?”

“Hyung?” Kyungsoo shook his head, glancing his head to see Jongin looking worriedly at him.

Well .

“Yes?” Kyungsoo cursed himself for croaking out looking like a frog dying.

Which reminds him, he needs to get a present for his cousin’s birthday.

“I was wondering whether you can show me what kind of food they serve here. Suho hyung told me you were the main cook in charge.”

“Sure.” Kyungsoo said a bit too soon, looking like an eager kid, dragging Jongin to the kitchen. Chen and Xiumin stood there watching Kyungsoo kind of drag Jongin towards the kitchen.

“You think Kyungsoo would embarrass himself?” Chen started off.

“Damn sure he will.” Xiumin ended before getting back to work on cleaning the tables.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Kyungsoo was showing Jongin the pastries and cakes, pointing to each and every one of them.

“How old are you Kyungsoo hyung?” Jongin spoke after a while of writing where his hands were aching like .

Kyungsoo knew he wasn’t going to be like Kris, he wasn’t going to this up. He stared up, wishing he didn’t since Jongin’s brown eyed stare into his redeeming him speechless.

“Uh…26.”

“Oh. You don’t look your age, I thought you were fifteen! Where do you come from then? Seoul?” Jongin asked, not noticing the love-struck look Kyungsoo was giving him.

“California.”

“Oh, so you come from a foreign place! I always wanted to meet one!”

“You look like Angeline Jolie.” Jongin look shocked because he was pretty sure that sounded like a girl’s name.

“Um…thank you.” Jongin grinned unsurely.

“You’re welcome. I think I hear Kris calling for you.” Kyungsoo muttered, watching as Jongin left before screaming in terror causing Baekhyun and Chanyeol to come rushing in.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes , I was screaming in pain because everything is okay.”

“No need to be so y. What happen then?” Baekhyun sighed, sitting on one of the stools whilst Chanyeol leaned on the counter, both eager to hear why the fairly normal Kyungsoo was screaming.

“I told Jongin I was twenty-six and I came from California. I also told him he looked like Angeline Jolie.” Kyungsoo gritted his teeth hearing the couple laugh at him, tears streaming down their faces making Kyungsoo want to remould their face.

“From all that laughing, I assumed you’re done here.”

“From all that stupidity, I assumed you’re still single.” Baekhyun retorted chuckling at Kyungsoo’s scowling face.

“I once saw an advert where a girl was disabled. She couldn’t walk nor could she hear properly so it was a struggle for her at school.”

“What has that got to do with anything here?”

“I don’t know, just wanted to share to you. Anyway, this girl didn’t enjoy school since she was bullied and left out. She honestly didn’t think she had a reason to live.”

“I appreciate the sad story but please; can we get back on track here.” Kyungsoo pleaded; as much as he like to hear a sad story, he wanted to solve his dilemma first.

“Shut up and listen. One day, her mum brought her a disable aid dog and this dog was the best thing that happen to her. He was there for her every day and because of that, people started talking to her.”

“Thank you but please can we-”

“I was so touched looking at that advert, the dog meant everything to her.”

“Okay n-”

“But then I look around and I saw my dog its paw after eating my bacon.” Baekhyun cursed out, eyes glaring at the thought of that precious bacon.

“Now-”

“Do you know how much it cost for that bacon?”

“ it.” Kyungsoo muttered, leaving the two bickering about how the dog eats their bacon and eggs.

 


 

--FortuneCookie's Note }}

Sorry for not updating a lot and for this quite short chappie. I had a fever for the past few days and now, I'm feeling a bit better, I decided to update for you guys! Hope you like this chapter.

Also if you would be so kind to check out my friend, --Dreams's new fanfic, it would be much appreciated! =D She writes like me so if you prefer my writing style, you would like her's as well. She isn't a fan of unlike me though. OTL. XD

I hope you had a fantastic Christmasu~ =3=

Please support this story by commenting and subscribing! I'll love you forever!