Speak of the devil

The second heart

Key entered the classroom and the school bell followed. The student lazily strolled towards there seats. Kibum noticed that at least a quarter of the class was missing and that was way too much for being sick.  The noise didn’t die out as people  continued talking among themselves.  The teacher – a rather young man with shaggy hair – knocked on his desk signaling everyone to shut up. Then he flashed Key a smile.

“You must be the new student – Mr. Kim.” – Key nodded and the teacher smiled wider and stood up – “Class, quiet down. Today we have a new student joining us. His name is Kim Kibum.” – He then turned again to Key – “Would you mind writing your name on the blackboard for those who are flunking in Korean. Yes, Mr. Lee, I mean you”

A guy suddenly stood up. He had red, messed up hair and his teeth looked perfect for smiling. – “Mr. Jung!! It’s not fair!!! I am trying hard to get a normal grade but Mr. Choi….”

“Oh, so it’s the teachers fault. Is that what you tell people to explain the C in my class?”  - Mr. Jung nodded to an empty seat for Key to take when he finished

“No, the C in this class is fair but my Korean is not that bad to get an F…..” – The guy’s voice died out and Key headed to my seat which was right behind him.

“So I see. Anyway, please make sure to make Kibum feel at home.” – silence – “And I mean everyone” – this place sounds dangerous….

The whole lesson went by slowly. Nothing the teacher said made sense to Key. It was as if the man was speaking Chinese. Key knew he was doomed. If there would be a test. He would certainly get an F. But it wasn’t entirely his fault. This school was better that his old school and in algebra this school was far ahead than his previous one. So it wasn’t surprising he didn’t get a thing..

When the lesson ended Key packed his bag and stood up, but first let everyone pass him so he would be the last to leave. When he was out of the door he saw a tall guy looking at him and smiling. This guy didn’t look like a jock nor  a bad boy. He looked average.

“Hey, Kibum-shi! My name is Song Seunghyun. I just thought you might need some help getting around. It’s a pretty big school.”

“Ah~ Thank you, Seunghyun-shi”

“Call me Seunghyun. “ – The guy was definitely charming.

“Well, you can call me Key, I guess” – Key smiled back at Seunghyun.

“Ok, Key……. So what is your next class.” – Key opened his bag and found his schedule before handing it to the taller boy.

“Blah-blah-blah…. Algebra… Korean literature! With Mrs. Jeon! Ah~ Lucky, that teacher is so nice. She and Mr. Jung are my favorite teachers. Everyone else is either a or a .” – Key chuckled – “That will be classroom 2! Way~ on the other side of the school. Well I am going the same way so I might as well tell ya some stuff. If you’re interested of course.”

“Thank you. Again” – He smiled again. Was he Mr. Smiley or something?  Then he leaded Key through the hall of never-ending student: girls with too much make-up, guys comparing biceps and couples almost having in public. Then Key saw again the president girl. Seunghyun saw him staring .

“That’s Kim Taeyeon – council president.  She is very nice, well at least was” – Key turned his attention from her.

“Was?”

“Yea….. Now she  is often very sad and is too strict. One button ed and you have detention….. I think it’s cause she and Leeteuk broke up but it might be my delusions.”

“Leeteuk?”

“Yeah…. You don’t know him.” – well obviously. – “He… is this guy. Quite popular”

“Ah~ I see”

“No! He’s actually okay. He’s really nice in fact but……. I don’t know…. It’s just that he spend more time with his friends than with Taeyeon.  A lot more time. Well…… I guess he had to maintain his popularity. They got into a fight last week and haven’t talked to each other since….. But their break-up isn’t official….” – Key hated love drama. So he right away threw the information from his head.

While they were walking Seunghyun was telling about teachers and how to survive in their classes.

Then the two boys passed a couple making out. Seunghyun rolled his eyes and was about to quickly pass the lovers when the guy stopped  kissing and stood up. He held out his hand for seunghyun to shake which the boy did. Though he noticed that he did it unwillingly.

“Sup Seunghyun?” – The guy sat back down next to the pissed girl. Seunghyun kust nodded and motioned his head for Key to leave with him.

When they were at least 10 meters away Key spoke up.

“Who was that?”

“Don’t even ask...” – Key frowned – “That was Jonghun ( not Jonghyun ).  A soccer player, a player and heartbreaker, bad boy, very popular. Guess the rest!” – Ah~ So Seunghyun hated such guys too.

“Are you friends?”

“You’re insulting me Key! ‘ – there was a pause – “He lives near me and we ride the bus together…… But I hate him and he doesn’t care.”

“Ah~ I see. Was that his girlfriend?”

“Umm…… Yeah….. That was…. God! What is her name? Jessica! There….. yea. They haven’t been dating for long though. She used to be Jonghyun’s girlfriend and the n he dumped her after 2 years of being together. Now she wants to make him jealous so she’s dating Jonghun.: - Another love drama.

“And Jonghyun  is?”

“Don’t bother remembering his name. You won’t see him anyway. He rarely comes to school.”

“Another dumb jock?”

“Kim Jonghyun? Ha! He is probably the smartest guy out there.  So he thinks he is too cool for school.”

“You don’t like him, do you?”

“Me? I don’t care. At least he never bullies people so I guess he’s okay…… I mean he is nice to people but he is a total heartbreaker and bastard….. I don’t  even know if I should hate him or not. He’s weird besides.”

“….”

“Who’s weird?” – Key turned around, hearing the new voice while Seunghyun muttered "Speak of the devil"

 

 

I <3 Song Seunghyun!!!! I was trying very hard not to make Jonghyun a complete bastard and I hope I did an ok job. Feedback, comments and criticising are welcomed^^